• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins vs. Seattle, 4/10/21 @ 1:10pm

StorSquare-PackingAHomeForAMove-Blog_Int

Welcome back to the Twins Daily game thread party! After a rare Friday night off the Minnesota Twins will take on the Seattle Mariners this afternoon at Target Field for the second home game of the season. 

I have high hopes for the Twins today. Big Mike Pineda will be throwing the ball and our lineup looks decent. I still wish Donaldson was playing today, although I think he will be back in the lineup next week.

I'll be listening to the game today and trying to post some as I pack up our basement. After 16 years in the same house my wife and I decided to sell our home as the kids have all moved out. Do you realize how much crap we accumulated over the years? I've made about 30 runs to Goodwill and probably have another 10 to do. The good news, we sold our house in one day. The bad news, purging and packing the stuff we've collected for the last 16 years. Word to the wise. Get rid of all that extra crap you have in your house now, before you decide to sell it. It's actually quite liberating to throw stuff out and purge closets and attics. It's almost like mental weight loss! 

A funny thought just crossed my mind...I think it's "moving day" at the Masters today as well.

Go Twins! I want to win by 10 runs!

Today's Lineups:

Twins:

1. Jorge Polanco - 2B

2. Kyle Garlick - LF

3. Nelson Cruz - DH

4. Byron Buxton - CF

5. Mitch Garver - C

6. Max Kepler - RF

7. Miguel Sano - 1B

8. A. Simmons - SS

9. Luis Arraez - 3B

SP - Big Mike Pineda (RHP)

Seattle:

1. Mitch Haniger - RF

2. Ty France - DH

3. Kyle Seager - 3B

4. J. Marmolejos - 1B

5. Luis Torrens - C

6. Dylan Moore - 2B

7. T. Trammell - CF

8. Sam Haggerty - LF

9. J.P. Crawford - SS

SP - Yusei Kikuchi (LHP)

Today's weather: Partly sunny and 50 degrees. 2% chance of rain. 100% chance my wife will make me pack during the entire game.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome back to the Twins Daily game thread party! After a rare Friday night off the Minnesota Twins will take on the Seattle Mariners this afternoon at Target Field for the second home game of the se

Per Corey Provus, Kyle is not the first "Garlick" to play for the Twins. Twins historian Clyde Doepner has noted that "Knoblauch" is German for the spice.    

Chief remembers how they celebrated the 10,000th human birth.

Dreading it! 33 years in the house and two packrats! But no plans to do so any time soon. Might be our children who end up suffering!

My parents downsized, sold and moved about 8 years ago. My wife's parents did the same a few years later. There is a correlation between those events and the amount of stuff in our house.

My parents downsized, sold and moved about 8 years ago. My wife's parents did the same a few years later. There is a correlation between those events and the amount of stuff in our house.

I hauled all kinds of stuff from my in-laws place when they moved. Took it from Florida to our place in Minnesota. Crazy...most of it ended up in the trash last week.

Buck might have had a double with that if not for Cruz ahead of him on first.

Bux is fast, but that was a rocket to the left fielder and not a long throw to second. I'm for switching Byron and Cruz as well, but I'm not sure that's a good example why.