Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

twinssporto

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,833
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by twinssporto

  1. I'll probably get run outta here on a rail, but honestly, if his arbitration is $5mm or so I say keep him but be ready to move on quickly. He probably belongs at 2nd base as well. The guy is an athlete, and when he is on, he really is on. The streaky hitting makes me nuts, though...
  2. I understand the skepticism. The family still has majority ownership of the team, and changing the person at the top doesn’t automatically mean a change in philosophy. But it doesn’t mean the leadership change is meaningless, either. Having owned and operated businesses, I’ve seen how different leaders can set different priorities, even within the same ownership structure. Family businesses aren’t always of one mind. Neither of us knows exactly how much authority Tom has or how those internal decisions are being made. I also don't think you can fairly criticize his first year. When did he take over? February or March? I’m not arguing that he’s earned unquestioning trust; I’m arguing that he deserves to be judged on his own decisions and follow-through. Calling him a figurehead assumes the very thing we’re debating. This offseason is an opportunity to show whether his stated intentions translate into meaningful action. If they don’t, criticism is warranted. My optimism isn’t a blank check, it’s a willingness to give him a reasonable chance. I'll bow out after this post. Go Twins in 2027!
  3. This is spot on. I understand the frustration with Twins ownership, but I think Tom Pohlad deserves the opportunity to establish his own record. Sharing a last name doesn’t mean sharing the same leadership style or priorities as his brother. Having owned and operated several businesses, I know meaningful change takes more than a new person at the top. It takes clear direction, difficult decisions, and follow-through. My impression is that Tom is sincere and taking steps in the right direction. Ultimately, his actions will determine whether that confidence is justified. I’m also putting my money where my mouth is: I bought season tickets for 2027. First time in 7 years, actually. Fingers crossed that any lockout is short. I'm excited that the young guys have been promoted and more excited to watch them play next year. This team has real talent, both on the mound and in the field. There are needs to address, and this offseason will tell us plenty about ownership’s commitment. But let’s give Tom a chance to demonstrate that commitment before reaching for the pitchforks. Accountability is fair. A verdict before he’s had a reasonable chance to lead is premature.
  4. That’s quite a leap from what I actually said. I didn’t say good vibes matter more than winning. I said the quality of the clubhouse is one factor in evaluating a manager, and the manager deserves some credit when a respected player calls it the best clubhouse he’s ever been involved with.. Shelton should absolutely be judged on wins and losses. But pretending leadership, trust, and clubhouse culture have nothing to do with winning is a pretty shallow way to evaluate a manager.
  5. Gotta start somewhere. This team is way more enjoyable to watch than last year's team. Even before the trade deadline selloff.
  6. I had a nice conversation with Pablo Lopez a couple of weeks ago (thought about writing about it on TD, but didn't). I asked him specifically about the vibe in the clubhouse. He said this year was the best clubhouse he's ever been associated with. The manager has a lot to do with that. P.S. Pablo is a fantastic human being.
  7. I've watched the kid play twice now at the ballpark (love calling rookies kids)....Based on what I've seen, the kid is a gamer. Still a little hesitant at SS, but I think that's just adjusting to a new environment, etc. The fact that he went 3-4 the other day is huge. Great confidence builder too. I'm encouraged by what I've seen so far.
  8. We had the game on in the office, and I told everyone watching the 9th inning that KC's manager was nuts to pull their starter. When Kody hit that homer, everyone went nuts! Great day!
  9. I actually enjoy watching this team now. It feels like they are a team of scrappers and have some heart. By the way, the Twins have one of the highest-scoring offenses in the American League right now. The starting pitching, even with the injuries, has been a surprising positive. Bullpen....crap. Overall, better than I expected. I think Shelton has helped out a lot too.
  10. Winning puts asses in the seats. Very simple formula for selling tickets.
  11. I was thinking the same thing. Shelton is a breath of fresh air after Rocco. He just puts off a better demeanor.
  12. These are the types of articles that make me excited about Twins baseball. The MLB team is not good. At least I see a future.....hopefully.
  13. I honestly cannot believe Outman is still here...This team has a spark, but holy s@!^!!! Need more defense regardless.
  14. Totally agree! The problem with Outman is his name and position. Horrible baseball name for a hitter/fielder. If he were a pitcher, yes, great name!
  15. Thanks for the uplifting message, I guess. I’m sure Opening Day will be a blast… or at least it would’ve been if they’d bothered to play the actual youngsters. I still can’t wrap my head around how this roster was put together — it feels like they tried to make it confusing on purpose. Honestly, my entertainment this season might just be watching how fast this whole thing gets scrapped in favor of the guys over in St. Paul. At this point, that’s the real show. Maybe we should start an over/under pool for Outman, Larnach, and the rest. Thirty games? Twenty? I’m tempted to take the under just for the comedy value.
  16. This kid is ready! Let's roll! There is nothing to lose at this point. I like his grit.
  17. Totally agree—very anemic lineups. I'd rather see some of those "yutes" move up and bring some energy to the club.
  18. Sometimes teams playing with nothing to lose actually do well. Low expectations and nothing to lose can create a loose clubhouse atmosphere. Could be interesting to watch. Maybe.....
  19. Honestly, all I see at this point is incompetence from top to bottom. Nothing I said implied Falvey was some genius or that I even liked the guy — I never did. Gleeman’s piece made it clear that Tom and Falvey had “numerous discussions” and “different strategies,” but what those strategies were, we’ll probably never know because transparency clearly isn’t a priority for this organization. And truthfully, I’m past caring about who’s in charge or how this team is run. I’ve been more than a casual fan for 45+ years. I held season tickets for years. And no — Tom didn’t call me, which is a shame, because I had a few things he needed to hear. I’ll come back when this operation is run by adults. Until then, enjoy the mess!
×
×
  • Create New...