twinssporto
Verified Member-
Posts
2,833 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by twinssporto
-
I understand the skepticism. The family still has majority ownership of the team, and changing the person at the top doesn’t automatically mean a change in philosophy. But it doesn’t mean the leadership change is meaningless, either. Having owned and operated businesses, I’ve seen how different leaders can set different priorities, even within the same ownership structure. Family businesses aren’t always of one mind. Neither of us knows exactly how much authority Tom has or how those internal decisions are being made. I also don't think you can fairly criticize his first year. When did he take over? February or March? I’m not arguing that he’s earned unquestioning trust; I’m arguing that he deserves to be judged on his own decisions and follow-through. Calling him a figurehead assumes the very thing we’re debating. This offseason is an opportunity to show whether his stated intentions translate into meaningful action. If they don’t, criticism is warranted. My optimism isn’t a blank check, it’s a willingness to give him a reasonable chance. I'll bow out after this post. Go Twins in 2027!
-
This is spot on. I understand the frustration with Twins ownership, but I think Tom Pohlad deserves the opportunity to establish his own record. Sharing a last name doesn’t mean sharing the same leadership style or priorities as his brother. Having owned and operated several businesses, I know meaningful change takes more than a new person at the top. It takes clear direction, difficult decisions, and follow-through. My impression is that Tom is sincere and taking steps in the right direction. Ultimately, his actions will determine whether that confidence is justified. I’m also putting my money where my mouth is: I bought season tickets for 2027. First time in 7 years, actually. Fingers crossed that any lockout is short. I'm excited that the young guys have been promoted and more excited to watch them play next year. This team has real talent, both on the mound and in the field. There are needs to address, and this offseason will tell us plenty about ownership’s commitment. But let’s give Tom a chance to demonstrate that commitment before reaching for the pitchforks. Accountability is fair. A verdict before he’s had a reasonable chance to lead is premature.
-
That’s quite a leap from what I actually said. I didn’t say good vibes matter more than winning. I said the quality of the clubhouse is one factor in evaluating a manager, and the manager deserves some credit when a respected player calls it the best clubhouse he’s ever been involved with.. Shelton should absolutely be judged on wins and losses. But pretending leadership, trust, and clubhouse culture have nothing to do with winning is a pretty shallow way to evaluate a manager.
-
I had a nice conversation with Pablo Lopez a couple of weeks ago (thought about writing about it on TD, but didn't). I asked him specifically about the vibe in the clubhouse. He said this year was the best clubhouse he's ever been associated with. The manager has a lot to do with that. P.S. Pablo is a fantastic human being.
-
I've watched the kid play twice now at the ballpark (love calling rookies kids)....Based on what I've seen, the kid is a gamer. Still a little hesitant at SS, but I think that's just adjusting to a new environment, etc. The fact that he went 3-4 the other day is huge. Great confidence builder too. I'm encouraged by what I've seen so far.
-
I absolutely loved the bunts!!!! I thoroughly enjoy watching this team play.
- 67 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- kaelen culpepper
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
We had the game on in the office, and I told everyone watching the 9th inning that KC's manager was nuts to pull their starter. When Kody hit that homer, everyone went nuts! Great day!
- 124 replies
-
- game recap
- kody clemens
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
5 Truths About the 2026 Twins We Can't Ignore
twinssporto replied to Sam Caulder's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I actually enjoy watching this team now. It feels like they are a team of scrappers and have some heart. By the way, the Twins have one of the highest-scoring offenses in the American League right now. The starting pitching, even with the injuries, has been a surprising positive. Bullpen....crap. Overall, better than I expected. I think Shelton has helped out a lot too.- 45 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I was thinking the same thing. Shelton is a breath of fresh air after Rocco. He just puts off a better demeanor.
- 45 replies
-
- game recap
- bailey ober
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Mauer was 20 years old when he came up....Let's go, Tait!
- 21 replies
-
- eduardo tait
- hendry mendez
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
These are the types of articles that make me excited about Twins baseball. The MLB team is not good. At least I see a future.....hopefully.
- 21 replies
-
- eduardo tait
- hendry mendez
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Can This Saints Standout Help The Twins Right Now?
twinssporto replied to Cody Pirkl's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Totally agree! The problem with Outman is his name and position. Horrible baseball name for a hitter/fielder. If he were a pitcher, yes, great name!- 33 replies
-
- kyler fedko
- byron buxton
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Minnesota Twins 2026 Season Preview: Find The Fun
twinssporto replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Thanks for the uplifting message, I guess. I’m sure Opening Day will be a blast… or at least it would’ve been if they’d bothered to play the actual youngsters. I still can’t wrap my head around how this roster was put together — it feels like they tried to make it confusing on purpose. Honestly, my entertainment this season might just be watching how fast this whole thing gets scrapped in favor of the guys over in St. Paul. At this point, that’s the real show. Maybe we should start an over/under pool for Outman, Larnach, and the rest. Thirty games? Twenty? I’m tempted to take the under just for the comedy value. -
Sometimes teams playing with nothing to lose actually do well. Low expectations and nothing to lose can create a loose clubhouse atmosphere. Could be interesting to watch. Maybe.....
- 41 replies
-
- joe ryan
- pablo lopez
- (and 6 more)
-
- 25 replies
-
- pablo lopez
- brooks lee
- (and 8 more)
-
Grading the Minnesota Twins' 2025-2026 Offseason
twinssporto replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
- 66 replies
-
- josh bell
- taylor rogers
- (and 4 more)
-
Honestly, all I see at this point is incompetence from top to bottom. Nothing I said implied Falvey was some genius or that I even liked the guy — I never did. Gleeman’s piece made it clear that Tom and Falvey had “numerous discussions” and “different strategies,” but what those strategies were, we’ll probably never know because transparency clearly isn’t a priority for this organization. And truthfully, I’m past caring about who’s in charge or how this team is run. I’ve been more than a casual fan for 45+ years. I held season tickets for years. And no — Tom didn’t call me, which is a shame, because I had a few things he needed to hear. I’ll come back when this operation is run by adults. Until then, enjoy the mess!

