Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

2022 Vikings Regular Season Thread


Vanimal46
 Share

On 9/5/2022 at 11:59 AM, nicksaviking said:

 

Not a ton of holdovers in the defensive front seven, but most of the DBs are the same. As a group, they were pretty bad last year, I'm hopeful a scheme changed doesn't make them even worse.

Yeah, feeling worse than ever about the secondary. Peterson looks absolutely shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This loss is on the defense and oline, not Cousins.

BUT, elite QBs would be picking apart the Eagles D on all of these heavy blitzes.Did Cousins even audible or change protections once during that last drive?

He’s better than at least 70% of the other QBs in the league, but Cousins doesn’t have what it takes to put the team over the top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the Vikings losing this one, but I did not expect a tire fire... woof. I tried not to overreact to our big win Week 1 and I'll try not to overreact to this loss. Let's give O'Connell time.

I think people will finally stop underrating Hurts and the Eagles after this one, their roster is loaded and Hurts looks to be making the next step.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Utter trash performance.

Why did the DC never bring pressure? Why did the DBs play 10 yards off the ball? Why did the defense rarely change?

Sometimes you get good prime time Kirk. This was bad prime time Kirk. Really bad in the second half. So many offensive plays blown up before they could even develop. It was a jailbreak when the eagles brought pressure. 

What was this game plan. Was there a game plan? 
 

30 points in two games. Have not been overly impressed with the offensive output under the newest offensive guru on the block.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Danchat said:

I had the Vikings losing this one, but I did not expect a tire fire... woof. I tried not to overreact to our big win Week 1 and I'll try not to overreact to this loss. Let's give O'Connell time.

I think people will finally stop underrating Hurts and the Eagles after this one, their roster is loaded and Hurts looks to be making the next step.

Re: Hurts…the Vikings tried to bring zero pressure. DBs giving ten yard cushions all day. I cannot believe they literally just let him pick them apart all game with no adjustments made. This was a bizarre game. It’s almost like we were surprised by everything they did and were prepared for nothing. Then Kirk turns into old prime time Kirk and completely snuffed out anything the defense/ST gave him. He could have had 5-6 INTs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Danchat said:

I had the Vikings losing this one, but I did not expect a tire fire... woof. I tried not to overreact to our big win Week 1 and I'll try not to overreact to this loss. Let's give O'Connell time.

I think people will finally stop underrating Hurts and the Eagles after this one, their roster is loaded and Hurts looks to be making the next step.

Jalen Hurts completion percentage struggles to crack 60% most weeks and he had a career high, and by far a career high, 83% against the Vikings. He was only at 56% against Detroit just last week. Last night his passes were not typically on target, but the Vikings had nobody near the receivers so they could easily adjust to make the uncontested catches.

Hurts looked good, but I think that was mostly due to the Vikings poor pass rush, brutal tackling and even worse coverage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nicksaviking said:

Jalen Hurts completion percentage struggles to crack 60% most weeks and he had a career high, and by far a career high, 83% against the Vikings. He was only at 56% against Detroit just last week. Last night his passes were not typically on target, but the Vikings had nobody near the receivers so they could easily adjust to make the uncontested catches.

Hurts looked good, but I think that was mostly due to the Vikings poor pass rush, brutal tackling and even worse coverage.

I think he's taking a big step forward this year - having AJ Brown at his disposal and being in his second full year as a starter, I think we could see him jump up into the #11-15 QB tier this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Danchat said:

I think he's taking a big step forward this year - having AJ Brown at his disposal and being in his second full year as a starter, I think we could see him jump up into the #11-15 QB tier this year.

I think he’s already in that tier… Give it a few weeks and there will be talks of him entering the top 10 QB list. Philly has a really easy schedule to start the year and I could see them being 6-0 or 5-1 before their bye. I’d take him over Kirk even if their salaries were equal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...