146 members have voted

1. 1. I follow Twins Daily on...

• Twitter
    • Facebook
    • Both
    • Neither

Days later.

This makes me about No. 179.

Should anyone actually get this far and read it, drop me a note. Appreciated.

1.  Madison, WI (Yes, as you might expect -- Go Badgers, Go Pack.) Now living in Plymouth, MN..

2. 77 last Saturday. Started following baseball around '49. A color baseball  card, drawing of of Joe DiMaggio, got me started.

3.  Browsing. Looking for more Twins info than the Strib offers. Came here from Wisconsin in 2002, didn't give a hoot about the Twins (or the Brewers for that matter) but caught on because, along with the Saints, they're the only game in town. I'm stuck with 'em.

4.  Played baseball from around 8 to 15; then fast pitch softball through high school, U.S. Navy and in Madison recreation leagues, average level of competition 4th best league in a range of dozens. Never hit over .250 in any of them but as a catcher when there were few others who wanted to play it, I was tolerated annually.

5.  Joe Mauer, Eduardo Escobar, Max Kepler, Luis Arraez, Taylor Rogers.

6,  NA, radio and TV.

7.  Don't do Twitter. Did Face for a while to keep track of my son and his family but dropped out over a year ago. They asked me why, I said "I don't like the way you're doing things." Don't miss btw not doing any social media. This is close as I come.

8.  Guitar (novice), motorcycles (veteran), house cats (2), aforementioned Badger football and basketball, the Pack in third place, politics (at times when I can stand it).

9.  All of it; most, anyway.

10. Keep it positive. Help pull the Twins through to the playoffs.

11. No. 

Hey, Fritz.  Just read your comments now that Seth brought this back.  Are we gonna have ball this summer?  Stay safe!

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?  I always want more articles by the original crew (not to knock any of the other excellent contributors at all).  Oh, and it bugs me that any post I make that has more than a single sentence, for whatever reason, doesn't recognize the spaces that I put between each sentence.  If anyone can tell me if that's a weird setting on my computer I'd appreciate it (MacBook user, running Chrome, but I think it happens when I use my work PC as well, so...).

Use only one space, instead of two, after sentence ending punctuation, and it will show correctly. It's how the site is programmed, or something like that, so we 'olders' have to get used to the single space that we learned back in typewriter days. :)

1.) Where are you from? St. Paul, but have lived in Sioux Falls, SD for 25 years. Hard to believe I have now lived in SD longer than MN. But still consider myself a Minnesotan.

2.) Age Range? 49

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Before Twins Daily, the Strib's website carried some of the original blogs of the TD writers. I followed them to TD. 

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? 9th grade JV. Our school cut nobody from JV. I feel like we had 60-70 players on the JV. That was fun getting into one of every 3-4 games, and not even getting many reps in practice. I played HS golf the next year.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Hrbek/Puckett, Mack/Koskie, batting=Boomstick...fielding=Buxton.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Michael Lewis

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? @Super70sSports, @Patrick_Reusse 

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Golf, travel

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... All of it.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? N/A

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events? No, but always think to myself they would be fun. If only I still lived in St. Paul instead of South Dakota.

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in Plymouth, moved to the East Coast 15 years, recently moved back to MN and in Bloomington now.
2.) Age Range? 38
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? I needed to follow the Twins while living in NYC.  This site was the best way to do that.
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? 6th Grade rec league.  Couldn't hit the ball to save my life.
5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Before my time - Tony Oliva as he used to shop at my dad's store.  Former Twins that I watched play - Teufel, Viola, Mack, Mauer.  Current Twins - Sano, Arraez
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? www.dynastyleaguebaseball.com online mlb simulation game.
7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Just took twitter off my phone
8.) Other interests outside of baseball? Rafting and board games
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily?  Reading articles and blogs.
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"  Hope to one day when we can be around people again

• 2 weeks later...

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in Brooklyn Park and then moved to Moorhead for school and I'm stuck in limbo due to COVID-19 boy this whole time will be interesting to look back on when this is over.

2.) Age Range? 23 years old and my back is already going out.

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? With the passion project I've been doing, I was told to come over here and post about it on this site. I've been a Twins fan my whole life and usually just posted on reddit but I'm very happy I found this site!

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Currently on MSUM's club ball team and also played on Osseo's town ball team.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? 

• Favorite Twin period is tough but I think I'd go with Johan Santana.
  • I know we didn't underappreciate him, but Jason Kubel did not get the recognition nationally that he deserved in his time here.
  • Favorite current Twin with a bullet is Eddie Rosario. I really hope we don't lose him.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Probably Lavelle or Aaron Gleeman.

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Recently the account "Friday Beers" has been very funny and Rex Chapman always posts great videos as well.

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. I'm competed in two USAPL meets for powerlifting and I also love playing video games like MLB The Show and Call of Duty.

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like. I'm still new here but the front page articles are great and the topic page where I post also is filled with great content.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Other than making it a "secure" site, I can't think of any other improvements. 

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No but I would love to go once this is all over! To those in the future I'm referring to COVDI-19.

I did this once about 2-3 years ago, but it was during the offseason and well, it's been a long time ago... Let's get to know each other a little bit... Who are the Twins Daily readers and contributors. Obviously don't tell any more than you want to... here are some questions to consider answering, with my answers:

1.) Where are you from? I'm from Perham, MN, home of the Yellowjackets. Currently live in Warroad, MN, Hockeytown USA... Been here for 21 years, and don't feel like you need to get any more specific than you'd like.

2.) Age Range? (I'm in my 40s, lower half, easily.)

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? (I was at SethSpeaks.net, and me and the rest of the TD guys consolidated to create this fun-filled place)

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? (two years at college, Concordia in Moorhead)

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? (I mean, Kirby Puckett, of course... Underrated... Matt Lawton... and current, well, probably most enjoy watching Eddie Rosario though having had the opportunity to meet so many of the players, there are a lot of very good people in the organization.)

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?

7.) Favorite Twitter follows?

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. 

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like.

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?"

1.   I am from Eagle Bend, MN.  Seth's uncle John was my football and baseball coach.

2.  55

3.   Followed here from Sethspeaks.com

4.  Played small town varsity baseball.

5.  Favorite Twin:  Tony Oliva and Kirby Puckett.  Most underappreciated:   Shane Mack and Chili Davis  Favorite current Twin:  JJ Berrios

I grew up on a farm south of New Ulm, and have lived in a couple very small towns in the immediate area.  That said I have managed to cross about 46 of the states, and quite a bit of Canada. After awhile it all blends together.

I always thought age was simply a number, so I was astounded in reading about the recent medical issues in the world that I am "elderly"? I guess I should have noticed when they started giving me Senior Discounts without carding me.

I played town ball baseball into my 20’s, obviously poorly or it would have been longer. I combined the unique blend of being able to hit neither a curveball or a fastball, with a lack of foot speed! But I played years of slow pitch and coached and umpired years more of baseball through all ages, up to adult.

My favorite Twin is probably Harmon, but there’s a lot to chose from. I agree with the thought of Greg Gagne as under appreciated, especially since he is so under appreciated I didn’t think of him till someone else did!

I have no idea how I discovered Twins Daily, but that phrase puzzles me since there were others on here already,  sort of like Columbus found out. There is no favorite part, but in the past I was pretty fond of GT, but I do miss the snarkyness of the bygone losing era, that was combined with references to obscure knowledge. Some of that allure has sadly been replaced by baseball discussion.

One of my favorite bloggers was Ed Thoma, I say was because he seems relatively inactive during the shutdown. Plus he pointed me to some excellent non baseball books by Bill James, if you are a true crime aficionado try "The Man on the Train".

Baseball is still the same game as always. You ‘see the ball’, ‘hit the ball’ and with the exception of the Twins IF you ‘catch the ball’! :) That said it is discussed in different phraseology today, and the means to "count" results are much more intricate and detailed. But they all end up pointing in the same directions. Some things just won’t or can’t change.

I wish I could see the game coming back this year in a meaningful fashion.at all levels. But I don’t  see that happening, nor do I see TV ball in empty neutral stations, with a faux WS very satisfying. That said, GO Avondale Twins.  )

• 3 months later...

#1) I was born in Sioux Falls and my parents raised me in Mineapolis. #2) I'll be 57 on my next birthday

#3)Since I live in Phoenix now I had been looking for some time to get connected with a more local source of in depth Twins coverage. Even though i dont always agree with all the diverse views of the team, there is no better way to interact with informed and loyal Minnesota Twin's fans than this one.

#4) I was one of the captains of the 1982 South High Tigers baseball squad and i got cut as a walk on at North Texas State in the spring of 1983.

#5)Its hard to pick a favorite all time Twin....I have so many Carew, Oliva, Pucket, Hrbek, i appreciate what Gladden brought...Then theres Hunter, Santana, Mauer, Nathan, Morneau, Cuddyer...theres something to love about any era in my life. As far as an underappreciated Twin...from what I have read lately its got to be Rosario. In a lot of ways Mauer was as well. In Joe's time everybody wanted to complain about all the money he was making. I don't know who they thought they were going to replace him with but in my opinion he was worth every penny. especially when you look at what guys like Machado and McCutcheon are making now. We were blessed to have Joe Mauer.

#6) i think this is actually number #5 but my favorite non TD author is probably Aaron Gleeman on the Twins level and Ken Rosenthal on the national side. I read a lot of the Athletic and i listen to Gleeman and the Geek and Jason Stark and Doug Glanville's podcast called Starkville.

#7) i dont really do Twitter much except to check what outragious stuff the President has to say.

#8)I keep up with local Arizona sports mostly because i work at Chase Field and State Farm Stadium. With the pandemic I have become even more of a baseball nerd. It seems like a good way to pass the time and stay out of trouble. I am so happy they finally started the season. I am also a big Hockey and football fan. I miss the North Stars and I love the Vikings.

#9) my favorite part of Twins Daily is the game threads...it connects me to home and all my friends just dont get it when i watch the game and keep texting...the Diamondbacks just aren't that exciting. I do love Escobar and i was royally pissed off when Falvey traded him but he is a joy to watch play and i love seeing him do good no matter who he plays for.

#10) obviously being in Phoenix I dont attend any TD events unless you want to count listening to Gleeman&the Geek podcast as an event.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Joseph Self here (I haven't outgrown my nickname of Joey with my friend).

I didn't see the questionnaire before I wrote the introduction below, so I'll leave it. 

1.) Where are you from? Western Arkansas

2.) Age Range? Early 60's

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Twitter

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played?  High school, although I did play a couple of games of American Legion, but quit when I wasn't good enough to play at that level. 

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Of all time, Tony Oliva.  Currently, I guess I'd go with Buxton, but Arraez is moving up fast if he can stay healthy. 

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? Oh, I'm all over the place

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? @mzheminway @andrewcmccarthy @strongmarriages5

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. In addition to being an attorney, I'm also a fill-in preacher, and teach a weekly Bible class when we are able to meet. 

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... forums, blogs, articles, topics... wahtever you like. Don't know, just got here.  

10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season? Don't know, just got here

11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No, I live a LONG way from Minneapolis. 

I'm a 62 year old attorney, practicing in Fort Smith, AR.   I've been a Twins fan since 1966--not sure why, probably because I saw them play on TV some Saturday and they won.  During the 70's, I had a transistor radio, and one night I accidently found WHO in Des Moines carrying a Twins game.  I didn't touch the dial the rest of the summer for fear I'd never find it again.  

During the 80's and 90's, I still called them my top team, but I watched at least 80 Braves games a year on TBS, making them my #2 team.  When they faced off in '91, I didn't hesitate to root for the Twins. 

Flash forward to a few years ago when I got the Extra Inning service on DirectTV (now on Roku), and I have been watching at least 100 games a year since then (almost all on the DVR so I can fast forward through commercials or between batters). 

Looking forward to chatting with more Twins fans. 

JcS (the little c is a tribute to my height challenged grandfather, whose middle name I share)

1.) Where are you from? Lived all over the country and Europe growing up, but moved to Mpls right after college and haven't left.
2.) Age Range? early retirement eligible
3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Seth Speaks.
4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? Legion Ball:  Plus plus speed, plus hitting, mediocre glove, no power, and the worst arm you've ever seen. 
5.) Favorite Twins Player, OLIVA  and favorite underappreciated Twins player--so many to choose from.  Kitty Kaat, maybe?
6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors?  Michener, Barbara Tuchman, John Irving, Follett.  Between here and the newspaper, I don't need much more sports to read.
7.) Favorite Twitter follows?   I'd follow Abraham Lincoln but I doubt he'll be tweeting anytime soon.
8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Foodie/oenology, travel, classical (and some non-classical) music.  Trying to learn more about art but starting with the handicap of having no artistic ability.
9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily...Incomparable source of minor league info
10.) Tell us what we can do better. What features or other topics would you like to see in-season or out of season?  This is a really well-run/moderated site.  The mods do a great job of keeping personal attacks and name-calling toward other posters out of here, but I wish the same level of courtesy was extended to players/mgmt.  Nothing wrong with criticizing/disagreeing with actions/decisions, but that can be done without being personal.  Obviously not everyone agrees with me,  :)
11.) Have you been to any of the Twins Daily "events?" No

I feel it ... although not lifelong in Chicago, been here long enough that the natives accept me as native. You can take the girl out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Minnesota out of the girl ... forever a Twins fan, much to some of my friends' eye-rolling consternation.

Did I ever tell the story of when Kenny Williams used to live in my building, and had a parking spot next to mine? When I discovered that, that's when I put the Twins sticker on my car. Not sure if he ever noticed it.

It doesn't matter if he noticed.  It's the act of defiance that counts.

I was at home on 9/11, with the radio turned on.   They were talking about the hitchhiked airplanes, when live on the radio, they reported the first airplane to hit the Twin Towers.   At that point, I was clear about what was happening, and I immediately hung my American flag outside.   I knew the odds of a terrorist seeing it, or even caring about what was happening in Minneapolis, was incredibly slim, but it didn't matter.   It was the only way I knew to publically give them a middle finger.   I don't mean to equate terrorism and baseball competition in any way.   But in matters large and small, sometimes you just have to plant your flag and make your position public.

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in Jamestown, ND. Avid Twins fan growing up. Lived in the Twin's Cities from 87-95 and attended both World Series victories. Have lived in Seattle since 95, but still avid Twins fan.

2.) Age Range? 55

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Don't remember.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? 9th grade, Babe Ruth.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Rod Carew and Kirby Puckett. Underappreciated - Brad Radke. Current - Jose Berrios.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? mlb.com

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Don't do twitter

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Hiking, camping, my son's little league

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... Minor league information. The sense of community.

• 1 month later...