• Create Account

Here is a list of pitchers I don't think the Twins can rely on..

Below is a list of pitchers I don't think the Twins can rely on. Unless your okay with a 5.0+ ERA. I could be wrong, but what I've seen is they just don't have it

Current Pitchers on the roster
Shaun Anderson
J.A. Happ
Derek Law
Matt Shoemaker

Much talked about prospects.
Randy Dobnak 
Lewis Thorpe
note: I had a previous account but could not recover. I could be wrong, we can always do an update.

How would you like to pitch for a team that can't hit and can't play defense? This team has rapidly gone from reigning Central champs, to mediocre to disaster to embarrassment. Pitchers have just thrown in the towel knowing there is no margin for error. The roster seems to have no resemblance to recent teams and every move the relatively new regime makes seems to backfire. Only salvation is that mediocrity seems to be the norm in MLB so far this season but any type of winning streak for this Twins team appears to be out of the question. Twins will rely on the 60-60-42 rule this season and will probably squeak out the 60 wins but could  lose all 42 of the difference makers.

Is it any surprise that we don't have a very good pitching staff this year? There are 4-5 legit guys on the whole staff, then you have a few washed up guys, a bunch of guys that never did much but a front office that thought they could turn castoffs into a competent bullpen. 

If we aren't going to develop pitching.(Here's a hint for everyone, we aren't going to), then the best of the best need to be brought in to have a top bullpen. 

The way it works, we let go guys that produced here, brought in bargain basement players and though it would work. 

This is far from the Twins biggest problem this year. But it is frustrating that the FO thought this group would make up a contending bullpen. 

37 minutes ago, Number3 said:

Twins will rely on the 60-60-42 rule this season and will probably squeak out the 60 wins but could  lose all 42 of the difference makers.

You are being generous.  With the way this team is nosediving, I can see them finishing with much more than 102 losses.  They are on pace for 109 losses and there's a chance the team has peaked already.   

This dead parrot wouldn't voom if you put four million volts through it.

8 minutes ago, Battle ur tail off said:

Is it any surprise that we don't have a very good pitching staff this year? There are 4-5 legit guys on the whole staff, then you have a few washed up guys, a bunch of guys that never did much but a front office that thought they could turn castoffs into a competent bullpen. 

If we aren't going to develop pitching.(Here's a hint for everyone, we aren't going to), then the best of the best need to be brought in to have a top bullpen. 

The way it works, we let go guys that produced here, brought in bargain basement players and though it would work. 

This is far from the Twins biggest problem this year. But it is frustrating that the FO thought this group would make up a contending bullpen. 

You nailed it. They’ve done a lousy job acquiring top pitching talent last 2 offseasons. Didn’t acquire viable MLB options to compete with a lineup that had question marks at every position.

2 minutes ago, Greglw3 said:

You nailed it. They’ve done a lousy job acquiring top pitching talent last 2 offseasons. Didn’t acquire viable MLB options to compete with a lineup that had question marks at every position.

Even more aggravatingly, the Twins seem to have no one in the minors who can step in.