• Create Account

Turns Out Yankees Were Cheating Too

I can't imagine that Cora and the Astros were the only smart people in baseball that figured this stuff out. It's just that the Astros won the world series. It's probably less important if you cheated and finished in 10th place. I believe that it was Logan Morrison when he was with the Twins that said the players pretty much knew that multiple teams were doing some sort of cheating with electronics, I'm pretty sure he fingered the Dodgers too?

I believe there's and was cheating. I still don't understand why batters aren't checked for electronic devices during PS games, except that they don't want to draw attention to it and teams like NYY can gain advantage. That's why they don't want robo umps, because certain teams and players have an advantage by human umps that can be swayed. The League bent over backwards to distant players but robo umps which made most sense and most practical, they didn't do anything

"A person with direct knowledge of those investigations told SNY that they are “100 percent certain” the video that surfaced this week on Twitter was the same one already cleared twice by the league. That means that it was definitively not shot during the 2018 postseason."

In 2017 they were admonished and fined for using apple watches to help them, but the Astros were on a much higher scale then what Yankees were alleged to have done. If new investigations turn out Yankees did more they should face even bigger issues than Astros.  

What Astros did was not just use electronics, but they used a program to decode signs used when runners were on base.  So not only did someone sit in room watch the sign, relay that to coach who then banged on a trash can to tell hitter what pitch was coming, they also decoded, with use of software, the signs teams would use with runners on base.

Rich Hill was aware of this, or at least suspected it, and in WS he has catcher use coded signs during whole game and changed it up every few batters.  Not sure he needed to as he threw 2 pitches curve ball and straight ball, not gonna call it fastball.  Sure he would change up speeds of those pitches, but not sure that was decided by sign.