Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

gman

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by gman

  1. I'm built for October. Sitting on the couch watching other teams play for the World Series.(actually I usually turn off baseball after the regular season ends)
  2. I think with Gray, Mahle & Maeda as the top 3 next year, then Ryan can be a very could 4. Like most players give him until his 3rd or 4th year to figure out who he really is. I think he will be a guy who can pitch 180-200 innings and give very consistent good starts.
  3. I think we have 3 categories for players this year. Did better than expected, injured or did worst than expected. Did better than expected: Duran, Gordon, Maranda, Arraez, Jax, Moran Injured - Everybody Did worst than expected - Everybody else
  4. Me thinks whatever the teams does in the way of sports specific training and nutrition, they try doing just the opposite of it. Obviously the organization wide protocols don't work.
  5. It's really great to see that we have 4 catching prospects among this group of hitters. We appear to have steady stream of hitting prospects throughout the system. It looks like we can have 2-3 prospects per year pushing for spots on the major league roster.
  6. Miranda has batted 4th regularly recently. Considering the Twins lineup he has done pretty well with very little support. A tough call for anyone let alone a rookie. The pitchers can just pitch around him and let someone else beat them. I expect he will get less to hit this last month of the season.
  7. I would like to see Winder replace Archer sooner than later. Archer might make a good reliever, but I would prefer to see Winder work as a starter the rest of this year no matter how the season turns out.
  8. These are good acquisitions for next year as well as this. It would be nice if they can lock up Fulmer for 2 more so we wouldn't have to be concerned about who we can get this winter. I don't expect to win anything in the playoffs this year, but it would be great to get some of the injured players back to add to their experience levels for an expected playoff run next year.
  9. I think the key to how long Miranda stays at third base may be entirely dependent on where Lee and Lewis play. Miranda may only be at third for 1-2 years before he finds another position, which it seems he can handle at least for the short term..
  10. Billy Hamilton signing. They could have used him all year. Unfortunately, he can't hit. But it sound like a Buxton replacement for the rest of the year(I hope not).
  11. It might be a good time to see if Julian can play a decent left field. its doubtful he'll get much play at second base for the Twins. The way the team is hitting and with the players coming up, they may be a more on-base and steal type of team. Waiting for the three run homer doesn't seem to be in the cards.
  12. I simply like the fact the Twins actually have 3 players having such very good rookie years. I vote for the team doing it again next year. And the year after that. Kudos for the minor league development.
  13. Without them who would we have had healthy for the 4th & 5th spouts in the rotation. Win or lose they still needed someone to put out there. So I think we got value.
  14. Since he came back from covid his command of pitches has not been that sharp. I don't remember what he looked like before his bout with illness. His fastball catches too much of the plate and his breaking pitches too frequently are outside. The good hitting teams make him pay as we've seen. He needs to find that fine line at the edge of the zones.
  15. I've narrowed it down to hitting, pitching & defense.
  16. This has been a big year for injuries for both key players as well as prospects. It would really be nice to see this team with all its best major leaguers and soon to be's playing at the top of their game injury free. Its easier to count the players not injured than injured and still a third of the season to go.
  17. I wonder how much of his hitting decline is due to the deflated baseball in use this year?
  18. It does sound like last option. A failure with this to me means an end to a very promising career. Good luck to Alex and the doctors with this procedure.
  19. The problem right now with sending Miranda down, who plays first? Arraez some times, but who would back him up? So I think Miranda has to stay and work through his batting issues. Correa and Larnach are soon off the IL, but neither plays first.
  20. With starters not making 6 innings anymore, I see a lot of piggyback situations developing here.
  21. Grey, Ober, Sano, Correa, and Kirilloff out with injuries. Also Maeda and Alcala. Arraez and Bundy tested positive for covid. Injuries and illness will catch up with them sooner tor later. If not the team will make an amazing run when everyone get back. For now 14th may be high.
  22. No. What 57 games in and you're worried?
×
×
  • Create New...