Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

dberthia

Verified Member
  • Posts

    173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by dberthia

  1. For once I completely agree with a TD article. Wallner will have growing pains, but let's start letting him go through them. At least at the moment, he has a higher potential ceiling than Kepler. I'd make other moves as well, but these would be the top 2 for me.
  2. Don't drink this Kool-Aid, folks. Pagan had no right being on the roster to begin the season, and even less so today. If Rocco continues to put him on the field, it should be only in situations where the game is obviously well out of hand already.
  3. Seems like this front office displays little accountability with its consistently under-performing players- until it's literally years past the time they should've been jettisoned.
  4. With their track record of being fleeced in trades (Joe Ryan is a rare exception), they're better off not pulling the trigger on anything except dumping Pagan and Kepler. At least those moves would be addition via subtraction.
  5. Am extension would be a mistake, but would be very on-brand for this organization. We should continue to develop young pitchers, and then hang onto them instead of trading them for injury-ridden retreads.
  6. "A pleasant surprise" - Sure "Struck gold" - Let's pump the breaks on that and see how the season shakes out
  7. "Devoid of emotion and heart" is as good of a description as any. Nobody looks like they even want to be on the field. Buxton is completely lost and seems like he just wants to get back to his spot on the bench with as little effort as possible. Today was the first game I've watched in a while, and I won't be putting myself through this again unless they can find some kind of spark. Life is too short to devote any mental or emotional energy to this team. If they don't care, why on earth should we?
  8. We could use replacements/upgrades for Pagan and Moran right away. Otherwise, I'd hold off until we have more data on Kiriloff and the rest of the team before pulling the trigger on anything else.
  9. Geez, people. I'm not arguing that the offense (or Celestino's bat) wasn't bad. Just saying that without depth, defense wasn't stellar either.
  10. While I don't disagree the offense was a problem, when you rely on someone like Celestino as a primary backup at multiple positions, you have a defensive problem as well.
  11. Doesn't seem like a move they'd be making unless they're not feeling good about the injury situation.
  12. Thanks for the advice, but I'm good (and very relaxed to be honest).
  13. The only thing he should "find" is the door. It baffles me why this club keeps giving proven losers 3rd and 4th chances.
  14. Any bullpen that contains Emilio Pagan immediately becomes a priority IMHO.
  15. As fans, we really have no choice but to give the guy a chance. I have zero expectations for him and will be pleasantly surprised if he can hit above the Sano line.
  16. Probably a good depth move. When Buxton inevitably goes down, Taylor will be a better option than Celestino.
  17. We got fleeced in this trade. The best thing I can say about this new contract is that it's relatively affordable and has some upside in the unlikely event he's ever able to contribute in a meaningful way.
  18. Not just no, but HELL NO. Besides, we already added Sano 2.0 in the form of Joey Gallo.
  19. I can't express enough my disdain for the Twins' history of bringing-in mediocre retreads to "eat innings". On the other hand, we haven't made Minnesota an attractive enough destination to land any of the guys who could truly make a difference.
  20. The whole key is to be SMART about 1 year vs multi-year deals, something I've not seen much of with the current front office.
  21. I don't see how this makes any sense at any price, let alone $11M. Even Sano was hitting 30 points higher than this stiff. The best thing I can say about it is that it's not a multi-year deal. I'm very curious how this will all play out, but at this point I'm not optimistic our front office has a thought-out plan.
  22. IMHO the main focus of this team should be in identifying why we have so many more injuries than average and in creating a plan to keep our top guys on the field. It's still too early to speculate on what our roster might look like on opening day. Hopefully more quality help is on the way. As of today, the most positive thing I can say is that I like the new uniforms, Vazquez was a good pickup, and I'm thankful we didn't give Correa a mega-monster contract.
×
×
  • Create New...