Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

dberthia

Verified Member
  • Posts

    173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by dberthia

  1. Maybe I should've worded my post differently. While they knew he had issues and said so, they were still publicly saying he was just fine to pitch. He was not.
  2. But everybody was saying he was just fine? LOL. This team treats injury news like the nuclear launch codes. It was obvious to any casual observer there was something physical going on.
  3. There was a time when I cared, but not anymore. This organization is getting everything it deserves.
  4. You can only rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic so many times.
  5. There's just nothing left to get excited about. Normally I'd say let's fire Rocco and start unloading players, but I have no faith in the decision makers to tinker with the roster in a way that's actually going to benefit the team (short or long term). This organization sticks with players and managers well beyond the point where it's obvious they contribute little or nothing. At this point I don't even have any ideas on how to fix things, short of a total system purge along with new ownership. It's sad, really.
  6. Having Vaz (avg < .190) hit away instead of bunting in extras certainly was a choice. Nice job, Rocco.
  7. This is a typical Minnesota Twins problem. Which of many under-performing players do we swap out to make room for another under-performing player? I get the feeling we're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
  8. Thankfully we'll never be at the same party to test your proposition.
  9. Is "real time pricing" the same thing as "dynamic pricing" where the vendor can instantaneously increase prices on a whim? Seems like this has potential for evil.
  10. If this mythical Topa person manages to get on the field for more than a handful of games this year I'd be shocked.
  11. Stay frosty, Jose. I'm guessing France will be benched and/or released by June 1st.
  12. And I have "big plans" to win the lottery. France is going to be this year's Kyle Farmer. Good clubhouse guy who's replacement level at best on the field. We seemingly bring in a couple of these guys every year and say a prayer that they can regain their lost form. I usually say "hope" is not a strategy, but here we are again.
  13. Bats right? CHECK Has played first? CHECK At one point was good? CHECK Can't currently hit? CHECK Can't currently field? CHECK Everyone else passed on him? CHECK Comes cheap? CHECK Ty France: YOU are Minnesota Twins material!
  14. This was a real missed opportunity to remove Laudner from the pre and post game shows.
  15. There's a lot of talk here about how much better we'll be with Lewis healthy, but didn't anybody see how hopeless he was in the second half when we were told he was healthy? If that's the new normal for a healthy Lewis, he has bust potential. Hopefully he's getting things figured out and comes in with a new approach this year. The league has him figured out, and it's up to him to respond.
  16. I'm expecting a dismal year. Trotting the same people out again, saying a prayer, and hoping for different results. And because of that, I won't be subscribing to any streaming package or be giving this organization a dime of my money. I'll still use other methods to watch the games, but I'll probably just have them on in the background while I'm doing something more enjoyable, like cleaning the bathroom. Of course, if new ownership comes in and wants to revive things, I may change my mind. Right now, not only has the organization done nothing to earn my business, but they're actively pushing me away.
  17. I predict another season with "hope" as the main strategy- trotting out mainly the same group and expecting better results. And I see no reason to anoint Royce Lewis as a "star" at this point- let's see if he can get back to "adequate" first.
  18. And nothing of value was lost. That Dobby contract was a real head-scratcher from the beginning. Seemed to be more pity pay than anything.
  19. According to Skor North on YouTube, Provus and Morneau are on board. Everybody else is TBD.
  20. Given that the "brain trust" isn't being held accountable, they damn well better make a major roster overhaul.
×
×
  • Create New...