• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Orioles, 6/1/2021, 6:05 PM EDT

Why can't our hitters go for the first pitch of a reliever and hit it out? No. The seem to automatically just take the first pitch. But our pitchers seem to think they can just throw the first pitch down the middle and get away with it.

Now we have all these waiver wire or similar tired pickups that don't even feel like they are on our team. I can't even call them Twins even though they wear the uniform. I would much rather see farm talent than this crap.

2 minutes ago, h2oface said:

I hate that brick wall behind the plate. They should pad it with a pad that looks like brick. 

They already did. Unfortunately not only does it look like brick, it's made of brick.

1 minute ago, mikelink45 said:

The Orioles are so bad - could we even celebrate a comeback win?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Any win at this point. Celebrate.

Just now, mikelink45 said:

Does it matter?

Probably not, especially with the bottom of the pen being used. Baldelli quit on this game in the 4th inning.

22 minutes ago, Aerodeliria said:

Did Sano not run with two outs? I'm just using Gameday so I can't tell...

Sorry to leave ya hanging...

No, Sano ran well and likely read it fine. Just it was a bouncer up the middle fielded deeply enough their only play may have been to second to get him. The zoomed in on the play, so it is possible they still could have gotten Astudillo anyway, i don't know, but they were poorly positioned for that long throw.

And it was bang bang as it was so, a step or two might have made the difference.

Terrible waste!   Twins are laughingstock.   Terrible GM.  Terrible drafts!    No elite pitchers on team and Twins minor league teams.    Their draft strategy stinks!   Baldelli have no clue at all.     He needs to bench Sano.   He is worthless!

• Twins Daily Video