Fat Calvin
Verified Member-
Posts
172 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by Fat Calvin
-
Lee's not ready yet. He needs another year in the minors, at least to start the season. I could see the Twins bringing him up mid-season next year if he's raking in St. Paul.
- 65 replies
-
- brooks lee
- kyle farmer
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins Short-Season Minor-League Hitter of the Year - 2023
Fat Calvin replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
Jenkins was very good, but he didn't play that much. He was drafted in July, and took a long time to sign. Most of the other guys played close to a full year.- 10 replies
-
- dameury pena
- daniel pena
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Jorge Polanco 2.0: A Hitter Reimagined
Fat Calvin replied to Matthew Trueblood's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I don't think anyone is talking about a long-term deal. The big question is whether or not to extend him for 2024. With his veteran presence and steady production, I think the risk of Polanco aging badly from age 30 to 31 is definitely worth taking. I'd like to see both Polanco and Kepler playing for the Twins in 2024. -
Byron Buxton's Playoff Role Might Be Big Bench Bat
Fat Calvin replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Please don't get me wrong, but I don't want to see or hear Buxton's name for the rest of the year! Scratch that; you can get me wrong if you want to.- 58 replies
-
- byron buxton
- jordan luplow
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Fire Tingler and the Trainer IMMEDIATELY
Fat Calvin commented on Doc Munson's blog entry in Fantasy GM
I understand your passion and frustration, Doc. And you might be right on all points. Then again, we'll have to see how it all unfolds. Instead of an immediate firing, a well thought out calm investigation that might or might not merit a firing would probably be the better path; but I like your grit! -
Larnach continues to rake. I'd like to see him brought up for the last week of the season. See how he does. And if all goes well, with CC and now Royce going down, we might be able to use his bat in the post season.
- 16 replies
-
- chris paddack
- brock stewart
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'd like to see Larnach called up, He's been playing pretty good. He could rest a few outfielders. And if he keeps hitting the ball like he's been doing in St. Paul, he could figure in to the post season.
- 4 replies
-
- alex isola
- aaron sabato
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: Mission Accomplished
Fat Calvin replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I'm not too worried about Julien. He hasn't been hitting much, but he's been getting tons of walks and making the opposing pitchers work. Wallner, on the other hand, concerns me. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to send Wallner down and bring up Lanarch? Or would that screw up the chemistry at this late date?- 30 replies
-
- royce lewis
- pablo lopez
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yeah, I remember the look on Francona's face when he did it. Priceless!
- 66 replies
-
- royce lewis
- pablo lopez
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
How do you feel about a guy like Gallo teeing off on the position player's lobs in the top of the 9th to pad his home run total when the score was already 18 to 3? Don't seem very sportin.
- 66 replies
-
- royce lewis
- pablo lopez
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Here's a comment from a Guardians fan site game thread today: "Nothing like a royal ass whooping to cleanse the soul!"
- 66 replies
-
- royce lewis
- pablo lopez
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
That's a good question. At that price? Probably not.
- 39 replies
-
- royce lewis
- pablo lopez
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Toxic? There's another of them thar woids that get thrown around these dayz with no thought. Nah, Josh was all right. He was a tough competitor. He just got old.
- 20 replies
-
- max kepler
- josh donaldson
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yeah, I'd like to see the Twins sign Solano over Farmer for next year.
- 63 replies
-
- royce lewis
- jorge polanco
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
There’s One Team Twins Want to Avoid in Postseason
Fat Calvin replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Yeah, they kicked our butt a few years ago, but that's water under the bridge. It doesn't really matter who we face in the first series. We're at home. Bring on the Astros or whomever! -
Lewis Up to Replace Luplow (or Gallo)? Makes Sense for 2023 and Really Makes Sense For 2024
Fat Calvin commented on LA Vikes Fan's blog entry in LA Vikes Fan
"I would see if Luplow is willing to stay with the team if/when he clears waivers. If he is, he's the one. If he's not, well, he's still the one." LOL! -
How Did the Buxton Process Go So Horribly Wrong?
Fat Calvin replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I couldn't agree more. The interesting question is why did the Twins hand the guy a 100 million dollar contract with his track record. I have one idea, but if I utter it, I'll most likely get cancelled and thrown off this website. So let me try to do a little dance around the censors. Let' me say that I think there could have been some political pressure applied to sign the man that had nothing to do with making a good baseball decision. This pressure probably came from within the Twins organization, but it could have an outside source as well. -
Multiple Twins Drop in Updated SDI Rankings
Fat Calvin replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Why would you get bashed? The FO signed this guy for superstar money for six years, and what have we gotten so far? You're right to complain. And throw in Buxton for a 100 mil? It's pathetic.- 25 replies
-
- carlos correa
- michael a taylor
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Where Do the Twins Fit All of the Youth
Fat Calvin replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Yeah let's throw in that guy with the hyphenated last name.- 76 replies
-
- royce lewis
- brooks lee
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Randy Dobnak, Twins Overlooked Depth
Fat Calvin replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
Yeah I like Dobnak. He could replace the beard. -
You forgot one strong possibility: No Team
- 12 replies
-
- minnesota twins
- new york yankees
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I stand corrected. Thank you very much. I've got to go now, my "smapho" is ringing.
- 53 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- matt wallner
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Should Fans Trust the Twins' Front Office?
Fat Calvin replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
There is so much to dislike about the manager and the FO. The money they spent on Buxton and Correa alone is enough to send the boy wonders packing with their uninspiring manager in tow.- 38 replies
-
- derek falvey
- thad levine
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:

