• Create Account

Game Thread Twins at Orioles 12:05pm cdt 5/31/2021 ad

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

As i entered the ball park, a sort of dread ate into my heart. My guide had explained all the other levels of hell to me, complete with examples, and they made sense, each getting their just desserts (or deserts as the case was) But no here would be torture that not only affect the players, but the innocent fans following them. I looked up in terror only Ebenezer Scrooge could know to see the lineups:

Minnesota:
0. Jose Berrios (R ) P
1. Jorge Polanco ( S ) 2B
2. Josh Donaldson (R ) 3B
3. Alex Kirilloff ( L) RF
4. Nelson Cruz (R ) DH
5. Mitch Garver (R ) C
6. Miguel Sano (R ) 1B
7. Rob Refsnyder (R ) CF
8. Kyle Garlick (R ) LF
9. A. Simmons (R ) SS

Baltimore
0. Jorge Lopez (R ) P
1. Cedric Mullins ( L) CF
2. Trey Mancini (R ) DH
3. A. Santander ( S ) RF
4. Maikel Franco (R ) 3B
5. DJ Stewart ( L) LF
6. R. Mountcastle (R ) 1B
7. S. Wilkerson ( S ) 2B
8. Austin Wynns (R ) C
9. Pat Valaika (R ) SS

included my very own team.

What new tortures were i to experience today?

Happy Memorial Day to all. I've been told that Veteran's Day is to honor those among us who have served and that Memorial Day is to honor those who served and are no longer with us. To all the families of veterans who gave their lives for this country, thanks and well wishes. I am not from a military family, but I do have an uncle (still living) who served in WW2 and a son who attended the US Air Force Academy and served in the Air Force. Relatively late in life, I have seen the pride and the sacrifice that comes with serving our country in the military.

I guess it is easier to discuss the military than it is to talk positively about the Minnesota Twins. The Twins returned to the basement of the AL Central because they were losing two of three at home to the KC Royals while the Detroit Tigers were sweeping the New York Yankees. Yes, maybe the Twins will have to climb past everyone to contend again.

Wondering why Larnach isn't in the lineup today. I didn't see his HBP, was he injured by that? Maybe Rocco wants to give Garlick some play since we haven't seen many lefties starting lately. 

30 minutes ago, stringer bell said:

Wondering why Larnach isn't in the lineup today. I didn't see his HBP, was he injured by that? Maybe Rocco wants to give Garlick some play since we haven't seen many lefties starting lately.

I heard it on the radio. They said it caught the instep of his back foot.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are giving a day for it to mend. Better than pushing it and it turning into a lingering thing.

6 minutes ago, stringer bell said:

It looked to me like Donaldson winced when making the turn at first base. Calf? Hamstring? My imagination?

Could be any of the above (not abuse Chief's "yes")

It could also have been seeing where the ball went, and knowing he'd make it to second without hurrying (also with no chance at 3rd)

Captain K goes downtown today.  ................................does some souvenir shopping, before going to his hotel room. This after going 0 for 4.

Donaldson needs to snap out of it and soon. Same with Cruz, and of course how long do we wait for another batch of Sano HR's following the 30 k's or so we have to endure. O's are either: 1) desperate or 2) completely deflated. I'm starting to think about the season opening 21 gamer they endured that got Cal Sr. fired. Twins can't take this series for granted.

Just now, howeda7 said:

Cruz's age is finally showing. Should probably pull the trigger on a trade sooner than later. 

I guess showing your age is one of those things that just seems to happen one day.  Almost seems in some cases to happen overnight.  But, Cruz had such a good start, despite missing some games, that it's hard to believe just 4 weeks later it's time to cut bait.

• Twins Daily Video