gman
Verified Member-
Posts
1,372 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by gman
-
Should The Twins Bring Back Taylor Rogers?
gman replied to Cody Pirkl's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I'd bring him back no reservations.- 22 replies
-
- taylor rogers
- jorge lopez
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Is a Splurge on Relief Worthwhile for Minnesota?
gman replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
With the current age of the roster and minimal cost, I would like to see them add about $30-35 mil per year for the next 2 years in additional bullpen help. I don't expect the starters to get many more outs next year then they did this year and a lights out bullpen would nail down a few more wins. Make every game a playoff game with the starters getting less than 18 outs per game.- 23 replies
-
- raisel iglesias
- kenley jansen
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Will the Front Office Choose to Build a Better Bullpen?
gman replied to Jamie Cameron's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
MLB.com news under Hot Stove Guide- 40 replies
-
- jhoan duran
- matt canterino
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Will the Front Office Choose to Build a Better Bullpen?
gman replied to Jamie Cameron's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
From the reports I've seen Canterino won't be back until late next year or probably '24. Based on War Rodgers was #4 and Fulmer was #6. I think I would talked to both those guys and try to bring them back. Then #3-5 by War are Jensen, Kimbrel and Chafin. But both Kimbrel & Chafin allowed a lot of runners I'm not sure I'd want them mixing it up in the bullpen. I'd rather look at someone with a low whip like Montero (from Houston) and Jensen from Atl.- 40 replies
-
- jhoan duran
- matt canterino
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Gray turns 33 tomorrow, if he waits until he is a free agent after next season to sign a long term contract he will be entering that agreement at age 34. Which I think will make it difficult for anyone to offer him a deal past 3 years, if that long. I think the Twins could lock him up for a total of 4 years at a fairly reasonable price around $75 mil.
-
Do the Twins Want a Platoon Behind the Plate?
gman replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Looking through the Twins farm system I only see 2 left handed hitting catchers and 2 switch hitters in the FCL. I am thinking the Twins team is not necessarily drafting for left handed hitting catchers as a priority, so why would they make signing a left handed hitting catcher a priority? I think that having a platoon combo is not a goal.- 32 replies
-
- omar narvaez
- ryan jeffers
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins Pitching Prospects That Could See 2023 Rotation
gman replied to Sherry Cerny's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I'm thinking not before 24 at the earliest. But I agree that 23 will be a big year for them to possibly rise up the prospect charts.- 20 replies
-
- marco raya
- twins pitching
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Rumor: Dodgers Interested in Carlos Correa
gman replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
If we sign a shortstop, I'd prefer Turner over Correa. Let the Twins and Dodgers swap free agent shortstops. unfortunately it is more likely that the Dodgers wind up with both. -
Record Starting Contract on the Twins Docket Next?
gman replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I would focus on locking up our current core of starters. Keep the security for the next 3 years in knowing that we at least have 5-8 major league starters available without going to the junk pile. Thats better then we've done in 30 years. Hopefully 1-2 starters per year will be developed out of the minors. When one of our minor league starters pushes someone out, then trade the veteran.- 38 replies
-
- ervin santana
- jacob degrom
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins Trade Candidate: Jorge Polanco
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Currently Polanco bats 3rd or 4th in next years lineup. If not, then who? Do we really want Gordon batting in any of the 3-5 spots again. Arreaz can bat leadoff or 2nd or 3rd, but not all 3 in the same game. Although that might be nice. We all hope that Kirilloff, Larnach and Miranda find spots in the middle of the order but they all have some proving to do yet. Later in the year maybe Lewis, Martin, Julien, Wallner and Lee are someplace in the lineup. Buxton, on occasion at the top of the lineup, but hitting 6th might truly be better. I can't see starting next year without Polanco in the lineup, whatever position he plays. He not only hits better an drives in needed runs, but needs to be around to take pressure off the other guys. Remember this could be the first full year at the major league level for at least half the lineup. -
15 Free Agent Starters the Minnesota Twins Could Target
gman replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
The Twins just had a season of injured players without signing more players with injury histories. Unfortunately by the time most pitchers hits free agency they lost their fastball and gained a medical history. -
Which Frontline Starter Should the Twins Go Get?
gman replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I don't think the Twins sign or trade for any starter with less than 3 years team control. They currently have 3 of the 4 starters named above with only 1 year of control. If the #5 spot is not used to develop an in house starter, then next winter could easily look as bad as last winter. They may focus on trying to sign Gray and Mahle to multi year deals with the #5 spot going to Ober to start with. Personally, I would sign the 2 best relief pitchers on the market and focus on developing the best pen in baseball. Go with our current starters and dominate the later innings with the pen. We're already 70% of the way there and relief pitchers are less expense on long contracts than starters and easier to turnover year after year.- 52 replies
-
- carlos rodon
- pablo lopez
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins AFL Report (Week 3): Julien Blasts Off
gman replied to Steve Lein's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
It seems likely that Martin and Julien get lots of playing time in spring training. I would expect they both start the season at AAA. Almost seems as if they are both destined to start their major league careers as multi-position guys.- 13 replies
-
- edouard julien
- austin martin
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins Trade Candidate: Max Kepler
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Maybe they will something in spring training, but not too likely. I would expect next spring to focus on the training part mixed with finding out how physically healthy guys are. -
Twins Trade Candidate: Max Kepler
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I hope better or trade him for a bag of rock salt as soon as possible. -
Twins Trade Candidate: Max Kepler
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
If they can't rob someone on a trade, which they probably can't, I hope they leave Kepler on the bench to start the year. Let some of the young outfielders play the field and show if they are ready. Kepler can backup all 3 outfield spots. He could start a couple of games a week and come in as a late inning defensive replacement. Maybe not automatically getting the starting nod, will help him focus on his hitting more. -
Do Other Top Shortstops Entertain Twins?
gman replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
For the Turner, Bogaerts, Swanson teams if they won't pay for these 3, then they won't pay for Correa. The Twins for pay for any of them. You're right in that the Twins are in no position to challenge the best teams in baseball with or without Correa. Consequently I don't think it's much of a reach to expect the team to continue with the player development position for building a club. If they get lucky and fall into a division title next year, I wouldn't expect them to go out and bring back a free agent star for 2024 unless the division title is due to development of in house talent. They have a lot of players with potential, but not a lot of verified success. Beyond Arreaz and if healthy Polanco, what else do you have. You can't count on Buxton for more than 30-40 healthy games a year. The veteran portion of the starting rotation is on 1 year deals at this point, and I would think more about trying to extend a few this winter.- 14 replies
-
- carlos correa
- trea turner
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Edouard Julien Can Take the Next Step in 2023
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
Potentially Julien is another on-base machine. The Twins lineup has not been strong in that regard in years. Another good problem is where to play him. Let the cream rise to the top. I don't think triple A will slow him down. It's good to have players at higher minor league levels pushing the major leaguers for playing time. Should be that way. -
Twins Trade Candidate: Gio Urshela
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I think most of the team will be unsettled (at best) to start the year due to inexperience and injuries. Urshela, if someone beats him out for a starting role, can easily be a veteran back up or provide trade value. I see a similar position for Kepler next year. The Twins could certainly use capable veteran depth when they get ready to make any kind of run.- 34 replies
-
- gio urshela
- josh donaldson
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
The 3 Most Probable Twins Trade Targets at Shortstop
gman replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Another target could be Nicki Lopez from Kansas City. He splits his time between shortstop and second with good fielding stats at both. Although last year was not a good one for him offensively, in 2021 he was top 5 in hitting in the American league. With Bobby Witt, probably the future shortstop for KC, along with Aldaberto Mondesi coming off the IL and also Maikel Garcia that both play the position, KC has the position well covered. Garcia is rated has the #5 prospect in the KC system. I'm only guessing but there appears to be an abundance of shortstops in KC for the position. -
Reviewing 2022 Performances by Twins Shortstop Prospects
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I think the person who plays the most games at shortstop next year is currently in the Twins system. Lewis is probably the closest. It is highly likely that there is an intermediate signing or trade this winter. The worst intermediate option would be A Gordon/Polanco/Urshela combination for the seasons firsts 2-3 months. That would almost assuredly sink the whole year. I also think the current Twins system provides the player(s) who play the most games at shortstop over the next 10 years. My pick for long term would be Noah Miller. He has the history from High School through the minors of sticking at shortstop, gaining defensive experience and not being moved around to different positions. He has provided good defense at the position in his short professional career. At the plate, while needing a lot of work, has demonstrated patience has exhibited by his 76 walks in 469 plate appearances. At 6'1' and 190lbs he appears to be big enough to ultimately provide solid extra base hitting from the position. I think he should be advanced a level at the start of next year or soon there after. I could see him making his first appearance in the majors during the 2024 season at the age of 22.- 22 replies
-
- royce lewis
- brooks lee
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins AFL Report (Week 2): Austin Martin is Blowing Up
gman replied to Steve Lein's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I like the fact that he is hitting 500 (SSS) with walks and stolen bases. Not everyone has to swing for the fences. Also Julien is doing similar things with fewer plate appearances. I would like to see them both at the top of the order but not sure where either will play. I watched a couple of AFL games with Martin at shortstop. One game he looked doable, the other a little rough. Just hasn't played enough at the position.- 27 replies
-
- austin martin
- edouard julien
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Why Would the Twins Pay Anyone but Carlos Correa?
gman replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
The Astros didn't think he was worth it and they are more World Series prepped than the Twins. Turns out they had a shortstop who was good enough to at least help them to the Al division series. If the Twins definitely proved to have a complete team ready to compete for a World Series title, I might consider signing Correa to a large contract. But remember he also said "The reason I don't steal bases anymore is that I am trying to save my legs to last a couple more years at shortstop." The only stolen base attempt i saw him make this year and he came up at second kind of gimpy as he hobbled back to the dugout. Could have just been a coincidence.- 86 replies
-
- carlos correa
- trea turner
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Big Questions on a Pair of Relievers
gman replied to Cody Pirkl's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I know. I mis typed.- 19 replies
-
- cody stashak
- blayne enlow
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Big Questions on a Pair of Relievers
gman replied to Cody Pirkl's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I expect Enlow will be on the 40 man roster next year and will be working as a starter for the season.. His 2019 year at adv A ball was very good. He lost a year in 2020 like everyone else in the minors. When he returned in 2021, he started off great if for only 21 innings before he went down with elbow surgery. Until that point his walks per nine was about 2.2 showing, very good control. Last year as is typical of post tommy john surgery his walk rate was closer to 4.7/9. i think he has a bright future as a starter in the Twins org.- 19 replies
-
- cody stashak
- blayne enlow
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:

