-
Posts
1,959 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by LastOnePicked
-
Brooks LeeWalker JenkinsEmmanuel RodriguezMarco RayaCharlee SotoDavid FestaAustin MartinTanner SchobelBrandon WinokurLuke KeaschallYasser MercedesKala'i RosarioYunior SeverinoByron ChourioJordan BalazovicJose RodriguezBryan AcunaDanny De AndradeSimeon Woods RichardsonBrent Headrick
-
2-18. What's the big deal, everyone? Totally joking. I've got chills again and tears in my eyes. Either I've got COVID or Twins playoff fever. Love this team. Lemme scrub all my 2023 TD posts, and then I can tell you that I knew they had it in them all along. Keep it up, boys. This is how the magic gets made, a game at a time.
- 109 replies
-
- sonny gray
- jhoan duran
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I have chills watching those clips. Absolute [redacted] chills. What joy. Go Twins.
- 114 replies
-
- royce lewis
- jhoan duran
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
This team is good, but not great. I like them, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the streak extended to 0-20. Yes, they were a much better second half team. Yes, their second half schedule was much easier. It comes down to grit at this point. It's where managing, coaching and cohesion matter. However, as 1987 and 1991 taught me, it's also where fan support matters, too. And that's maybe the team's biggest weakness at this point. Die-hard Twins fans are great, but after the humiliating streak, there aren't all that many left. I don't expect a rowdy crowd for this series. And if it's a nailbiter, the players may need a boost. They're probably expecting us to step up, but many Minnesotans are expecting them to step up first. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.
- 5 replies
-
- byron buxton
- royce lewis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yeah, against my better judgment, I'm just gonna set aside any pessimism this postseason. I just like this team a lot. Win or lose, I'm with them. They won this thing decisively, batted through some tough spots and have played some very good baseball. Take each game as they come. If these Twins play up to their potential, they can hold their own and then some.
- 23 replies
-
- sonny gray
- royce lewis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: Wrapping Up and Moving On
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Thanks for these weekly recaps, Nick. Well done as always. Even when I follow the team day-to-day, I still appreciate the weekly recaps as a way to look at trends and highlights. And a nice tribute to Pagan in this one, too. We'll see how it goes, but I have a ton of admiration for a guy who struggled yet kept showing up and kept finding ways to have his potential match is performance. He and Kepler each silenced their critics in exactly the right way. -
I asked this team just to win every series since the two crucial Cleveland matchups. I think they darn near have. Should I push my luck and ask them to win every playoff series, too?
- 29 replies
-
- pablo lopez
- max kepler
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Oh, trust me. It's better to have won and lost 18 straight than never to have won at all. I would glad give you the '87 and '91 experiences, if I could. Magic. Just magic.
- 25 replies
-
- johan santana
- jose berrios
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Sure, a few more wins like this are nice, but if I were the manager, I would be sooo tempted to wrap like 3/4 of this roster in bubble wrap for the next week and just put some fringe players on the field. Maybe even invite a few fans to play.
- 10 replies
-
- joe ryan
- matt wallner
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
The Front Office Was Right to Bet on Their Roster
LastOnePicked replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Well ... a little praise maybe. MAT, Solano, Farmer, Castro - all good pickups to give the roster depth. Specifically to this point, the bullpen held up well enough to jump above AL Central opponents. And it's possible that they saw Varland's stuff would play well as a reliever, and they read the reports well that Paddack and Stewart could come back and possibly deliver. All while losing no prospects at the deadline. That matters for a team that is going to need the farm system to keep delivering. But you're right. The real test of their choices at the deadline is ahead.- 34 replies
-
- royce lewis
- brock stewart
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hey, there are a number of folks here on Twins Daily who kept spirits up, who remained optimistic all season and who saw this division championship coming, even early on. If that's you, this often-pessimist toasts you all tonight. Enjoy this victory, and let it be the first of many toasts this offseason. Go Twins. Good work.
- 32 replies
-
- pablo lopez
- alex kirilloff
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins, last week I know I urged you to "just win every series," but I hope it was clear that I would have also been okay with the occasional sweep, too. Apologies for the confusion, and thanks for taking my earlier request seriously.
- 33 replies
-
- pablo lopez
- alex kirilloff
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I know we're all feeling good. I'm feeling good, too. BUT, it might be a little early to start hanging '24, '25 and '26 AL Central pennants on the ramparts of Target Field. Let' just get this one locked down first. Baseball is a funny, fickle game sometimes. For all we know, KC may break out again one of these years, I want to see that pipeline annually produce global top-100 pitching prospects before I get too comfortable predicting any sort of dynasty.
-
A win tomorrow and I think it's in hand. We're in good shape regardless, but a win tomorrow would kinda hammer in that final nail. And I would love it.
- 46 replies
-
- sonny gray
- christian vazquez
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I am starting to wonder if perhaps - perhaps - I overestimated the threat of Cleveland this season. OR, if I had underestimated our Twins. Either way, I'm good with my mistakes. But keep going, boys. Let's close out the Central early!
- 46 replies
-
- sonny gray
- christian vazquez
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I have a very strange feeling. It's like the opposite of pessimism. I can't remember what it's called, but it's good. It's very, very good. Win the series, boys. Go get at least one more in Cleveland. Don't let up.
- 66 replies
-
- royce lewis
- pablo lopez
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'd hold off a bit before making that last statement. Otherwise, I agree.
- 39 replies
-
- royce lewis
- kenta maeda
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: Keeping a Distance
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Leaving Kirilloff at AAA for this upcoming series is ... hard to understand. This organization just seems to lack urgency or a killer instinct.- 15 replies
-
- sonny gray
- royce lewis
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I don't feel bad for the Twins one bit. More competition - especially in the Central - is a very good thing. Twins have been absolutely gifted this division lead so far. I do, however, feel for the players involved. Gleeman and Bonnes had some good thoughts on that today - give the system a tweak so that more veteran players can choose to reject waiver claims.
- 24 replies
-
- matt moore
- lucas giolito
- (and 3 more)
-
No excuses. It's just time to win every series and shrink the magic number to zero. If they can't clinch with a lead that was as large as 7 games in the last week of August (and in the weakest division in baseball), they have no business being in the playoffs anyways. So, like we've all known since April, we'll just have to wait and see what this odd up-and-down ballclub is made of.
- 26 replies
-
- lucas giolito
- matt moore
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
You're right, I agree. It's mostly my trigger when I see the Twins and "luck" come up in posts. If the Twins played in any other division in baseball, they'd already be out of the playoff picture and probably have just half of their playoff banners flying over Target Field. The Twins certainly don't have a "luck" problem. Yes, this year's odd waiver anomaly didn't bounce their way. But, stronger competition is a good thing, I think.
-
Playing it cheap, protecting prospects, selling high on certain players and taking advantage of weak competition and a unique waiver claim situation. They have half our payroll, better prospects in the pipeline and still a somewhat decent shot at winning this division. Personally, I'm still more confused about what exactly our FO is doing this season.
-
Yeah, it seems pretty unlucky at ground level. A look at the full season shows plenty of opportunities to have gained a double-digit AL Central lead by this point. This could easily have been a moot point, but the Twins simply haven't capitalized on their chances. So, in a week, this could be a very tight race with a rejuvenated Guardians team. Cause meets effect, as it tends to in baseball.
-
The other frustration is that, for all the talk of Cleveland being weak competition ...well, head-to-head games indicate that they're still the better team in 2023. We'll see if that can change next week.
- 50 replies
-
- sonny gray
- kody funderburk
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:

