Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
46 minutes ago, nicksaviking said:

This was announced as his final season long ago, perhaps before he even got injured? 

What was not announced was that I'd cry like a baby when I saw the Tigers had his daughter walk him off the mound for the final time exiting a game. 

Just saw the video, what an amazing way to go out for him.

Posted
1 hour ago, Vanimal46 said:

Verlander and Scherzer IMO are the last old bulldog SP from yesteryear. They don’t make em like those 2 anymore. 

At first I thought this was Old Man Yelling At Cloud territory, but I took a look at active leaders in Innings Pitched, and it's not clear to me who else, if anyone, is going to reach 3000 again anytime soon.

Posted
12 minutes ago, ashbury said:

At first I thought this was Old Man Yelling At Cloud territory, but I took a look at active leaders in Innings Pitched, and it's not clear to me who else, if anyone, is going to reach 3000 again anytime soon.

Scherzer and Verlander over 3,000 IP... Next active player is Chris Sale with 2,246. I don't see him or Gerrit Cole being healthy enough for 5 more seasons of 180+ IP. 

Posted
34 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Scherzer and Verlander over 3,000 IP... Next active player is Chris Sale with 2,246. I don't see him or Gerrit Cole being healthy enough for 5 more seasons of 180+ IP. 

I looked at the young guys too.  No one stood out.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
16 minutes ago, ashbury said:

I looked at the young guys too.  No one stood out.

Berrios could do it if he pitches until Verlander’s age. So could Sonny Gray. Logan Gilbert might surprise and last until age 40. Aaron Nola probably has the best odds with 1891 IP at age 33.
 

MLB expansion is necessary to produce more 3000 IP guys. That and no work stoppages or pandemics.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...