Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins at Angels 8/13/22 8:07 PM CDT


The End Of The Beginning

 

There has been much weeping and grinding of teeth over the Dodger’s slaughter of the Twins. Yet, did not most of us expect the blood-letting? At least in moments of weakness (clarity) when all alone in our bisexual-cave, staring at our empty shot-glass and pondering the end of the world? By the way, that’s “bisexual” as in a hideout for humans of either sex, male and female (didn’t want to appear sexist), not, you know, that other thing whose orientation-shall-not-be-mentioned… okay, so I mentioned it obliquely. En passant if your French. In which case call the social gendarmes. You’ll find them under mayonnaise. Check!
But I divest…

Truth be told, as I and others much wiser than myself have predicted for months, 2022 was to be the final building year before the Twins returned to respectability, a year in which players of the future were to be tested at the major league level, gaining much needed experience competing against the best instead of pounding the crap out of lesser minor league players. And without the burden of carrying Donaldson’s contract, attitude and bad wheels and Sano’s flailing attempts at hitting nothing but record moonshots gave younger players like Larnach, Gordon, Lewis, Miranda and Kirilloff the opportunity to prove they belong at the major league level. Not to mention letting Arraez play regularly and establish himself as one of the premier hitters in baseball. Addition by subtraction at its best.


On the pitching side, Ryan has shown he’s ready for the Bigs as has Duran and Jax. Throw in the addition of  “Six Inning” Mahle and relievers Fulmer and Lopez at the trade deadline and the future, as they say, looks bright. Well, at least brighter. Thanks FO!

But can the Twins put it all together in time to win the division this season? I think it’s a strong possibility. If we could drop scheduling rest days by the calendar, constantly juggling nonsensical line-ups and mishandling the pitching staff I’d be even more optimistic. Perhaps Rocco letting Mahle go six innings yesterday is a “start” in that direction.


Anyway, time has passed and the young Twins are now seasoned, valuable experience has been gained and we are now in company with the Angels. So to speak...

 

 

On The Mound

Twins:  Dylan "The Breeze" Bundy  RHP 6-5  5.01 ERA  74K

Angels: Reid "The Ripper" Detmers LHP 4-3  3.44 ERA  82K

 

LineUps?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

Okay, just got home and found the posted lineups. So now more than Heaven knows.

Twins

Buxton CF

Correa SS

Miranda 1B

Polanco 2B

Arraez DH

Urshela 3B

Celestino LF

Kepler RF

Sanchez C

 

Angels

Fletcher SS

Ohtani DH

Rengifo 2B

Ward RF

Walsh 1B

Adell LF

Rojas 3B

Stassi C

Sierra CF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, h2oface said:

I love the movie, Michael. I bet Michael invented baseball. 

"And remember, Sparky, no matter what they tell you, you can never get to much sugar!"

I bought the soundtrack. It’s when I ‘discovered’ the band the Mavericks … which happens to be one of @USAFChief’s favorite bands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member

The way gambling is being pushed with sports is not my cup of tea. That is one vice I have fortunately been able to avoid. I work hard for my money there is no way I would risk it for something silly like gambling on sports. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Community Moderator
1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

I bought the soundtrack. It’s when I ‘discovered’ the band the Mavericks … which happens to be one of @USAFChief’s favorite bands.

Do yourself a favor, and when they come to Chi,-town, go.

You'll come away happy, and thinking "damn, that Raul Malo can really SING!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Community Moderator
9 minutes ago, wabene said:

The way gambling is being pushed with sports is not my cup of tea. That is one vice I have fortunately been able to avoid. I work hard for my money there is no way I would risk it for something silly like gambling on sports. 

I bet you're right!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Game7-91 said:

Cleveland lost , 2-1.  So there's that.

Twins 58.7% win probability after CC HR. So, Vegas thinks there's a 41.3% chance Angels have a collective pulse. Sheesh. 

Id say Vegas is familiar with the Twin bullpen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member

Not sure I agree with the order, but the top six in tonight's lineup have the ability to generate some big innings offensively.  Good to see Correa's HR tonight and Arraez's bat returning to scorching productivity over the last week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
8 minutes ago, Game7-91 said:

Cleveland lost , 2-1.  So there's that.

Twins 58.7% win probability after CC HR. So, Vegas thinks there's a 41.3% chance Angels have a collective pulse. Sheesh. 

Right now, the third-best team in the American League is unquestionably, and stunningly, the Baltimore Orioles.  They have a better chance of severing a Yankees-Astros ALCS matchup than anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
Just now, BH67 said:

Right now, the third-best team in the American League is unquestionably, and stunningly, the Baltimore Orioles.  They have a better chance of severing a Yankees-Astros ALCS matchup than anyone.

Really enjoying what the O's are doing. Hard to believe after the trade deadline

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Community Moderator
10 minutes ago, IndianaTwin said:

For those who took part in the GT last night, here’s my “Before” pictures.

“After” picture coming later. 

A7DDA856-B510-4CFA-8A36-AF02416E18FF.jpeg

22BBADF0-789C-4EE6-949C-FF66B85C4996.jpeg

Having a hard time seeing these on my phone. 

Maybe you could send me 3 or 4 pounds of finished product so I get a better idea of what it looks like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
4 minutes ago, mnfireman said:

Because he is the starting RF, and the Angels are throwing lefties all weekend.

And I suppose he is due for a hit or 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...