Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

twinssporto

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,833
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by twinssporto

  1. Perez 2019 results: 20-9 Seems like a good year.
  2. Having fun and making money is always a recipe for success.
  3. Hey Yankees.....Here come the Minnesota Twins BOMBERS! Your ballpark is for wimps. Anyone with a 230 foot fly ball to RF with a light NE wind can hit homers there.
  4. This team has been fun to watch!! They've got the right chemistry going. Wins like these build up a ton of confidence for the players. I think we are in for a fun season... Go Twins!
  5. Barring injury this team only gets better as the season progresses. We should actually have two more wins than we do solely based on poor managing (which is expected early on in Rocco's tenure). Get ready for a run people. After what we've been through the last 8 years or so, this is going to be fun.
  6. Duffy can help throw batting practice. He grooves them in there nice and steady.
  7. I did not like seeing Pressly leave the Twins. However, I did read Patrick Reusse's article this morning in the StarTrib and it made me feel a little bit better about watching Pressly go.
  8. Risk vs. Reward - A one or two year signing doesn't seem to be a huge risk. You get a HISTORICALLY reliable pitcher that can give you a lot of innings and some consistency. The potential payback for the Twins after two years looks to me like more risk than they need to take. I would prefer they stick with and nurture the young arms.
  9. The whole spring training experience is great! I've been fortunate over the last 15-20 years to make it there on a somewhat regular basis. Most of the time the players are very accommodating (especially if you have kids with you). Most will stop and talk or sign autographs. I remember about 8-9 years ago Joe Nathan coming back to the locker room from one of the back fields later in the day. My wife and 3 kids were standing near the gate John mentioned in his post. Joe stopped and signed everyone's ball and took photos with all my kids. We stood there and talked about the upcoming season for about 5 minutes. We've had similar stories with Mauer, T.K., Molitor, etc. I flew down to Tampa for work this week and was supposed to fly home tomorrow. After reading John's post it gave me the inspiration to head to Ft. Myers on Thursday and Friday instead of heading home...the 8+ inches of snow starting tonight through tomorrow helped sway the decision too. My wife will not be happy (prayers for her understanding are appreciated).
  10. I agree with this too. Unless there was some lights out FA reliever still sitting out there use your home grown arms to build the pen. Cycle the guys in the minors through the system and see what sticks. A lot of teams find gems like that all the time.
  11. I like it. Almost the same age Tom Kelly was when he took over. Young manager with young talent. Good combo in my opinion. Yo Adrianne! Your husband Rocco just landed a managers job in Minnesota!
  12. I miss Kirby...I miss the chemistry of those 1980"s Twins... The current team needs to build some chemistry and a clubhouse. That's what we need in a new manager and players.
  13. The batting averages between Kepler and Buxton seem somewhat close to each other...220-240. Might as well keep them both and see what happens this year. "220, 221 whatever it takes...." Mr. Mom reference circa 1983?
  14. How much longer do we need to keep talking about Duffey? Hopefully you are right and we have a 40 man crunch and dump him.
  15. I think I spot a trend...So unfortunate for Sano and Twins. Ugh.
  16. Great points. It kind of reminds me of this anecdote...The best sales people usually make the worst sales managers. I bet ball players are the same way. No Pete Rose pun intended.
  17. It was time for a change. I think his biggest drawback besides not handling the pitching staff very well was his leadership style. With the exception of late last year, the teams he's managed never seemed to have that spark or gel together. Loosing 95-100 games can do that but I never really felt the team was a close knit group. Molitor is probably a perfect manager for Joe Mauer type players though. Always seemed a little too low-key for my liking.
  18. I'm going to write the final act for Joe Mauer. 1. Joe signs for one more year and says he'll retire at the end of 2019 2. Joe plays some back up at 1B, DH and pinch hitter 3. Joe pinch hits in game 7 of the World Series next year and drives in the winning run. Fun to think about...
×
×
  • Create New...