Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

The Great Hambino

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,297
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by The Great Hambino

  1. You'd be exhausted too if you spent all that time walking back to the dugout carrying your bat during the WBC
  2. No runs allowed, no decision: the true Joe Ryan Experience At least until 8/3
  3. Throwing the ball to third on a flyball with runners on first and third Midseason form
  4. I guess no one named O'Neill should set foot in the outfield Luke's hustle is refreshing
  5. It took em five whole innings to bring out the Yakety Sax on D ... not bad
  6. I just noticed that the Securian ad patch and that weird new MIN patch aren't on the same arm for every Twin. Ryan has Securian on the left while Lee has it on the right. That's weird
  7. And if that doesn't work, with enough Wallbangers we can at least forget those LOBs
  8. Today's Hayes article says he gave up golf in the offseason to help fix his swing. So ... making up for lost time?
  9. Think about how different Skenes' ERA becomes if making an awful read or losing the ball in the sun with no sunglasses is considered an error
  10. Elsewhere, Oneil Cruz is having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad inning
  11. Currently arguing with TC Bear over who gets the top bunk in their bedroom they share under the bleachers at Target Field
  12. I think the analogy presented actually is a decent argument for the turnaround to potentially occur ... in 2027 Kepler/Polanco/Sano/Buxton all had more PAs in the majors entering 2017 than Keaschall has entering 2026. All but Polanco had more than Austin Martin at this stage. And Keaschall and Martin are seasoned vets compared to the other yougsters mentioned above. Abel playing the role of Berrios is a little more in line, but Berrios had more major league innings at this stage than Abel as well. So if we're sticking to the analogy, this year is the 2016 season where the youngsters gained the experience needed to make the leap the following year. Which bodes well for 2027. 2026 ... not so much. And counting on Dozier/Mauer production from Bell/Jeffers seems more than a little optimistic
  13. Nah, if you tear your ACL slipping on ice in Houston, that's definitely on coaching
  14. I think they can make it happen By international money, I assume you mean the GDP of Bolivia
  15. With that overthrow to first, I think Zac Kent has officially made the opening day roster. Gonna fit right in
  16. Personally, I don't see bringing back Wentz as a referendum on JJ. It's more of an acknowledgement that putting yourselves in a position to rely on an undrafted rookie QB is a bad idea. A semi-reliable 3rd QB was always going to be necessary when your top 2 QBs are made of papier mache. And since you're only looking at unattractive options for that role (assuming you don't want to YOLO with Jameis), might as well make it someone with some history in your system. I suppose bringing him in does give them some cover if they do decide to move JJ
  17. Also: must one be a veteran in order to be crafty? Are there any crafty rookies? For all the offseason reliever additions, there still isn't a single reliever on the roster that I'd count on belonging in the top three of a good bullpen at this point in their careers. Some of the (I guess non-crafty) youngsters might get there eventually, but in the meantime, this is gonna be rough.
  18. I hadn't thought about that, but they really do fit the profile for it, don't they
  19. If there were any concerns about Ryan at all, he wouldn't be heading off to the WBC. He's fine. I'm starting to think Ober is no lock to finish the season in the rotation even if he's healthy. I haven't been on the move-him-to-the-bullpen bandwagon so far, but I'm starting to see it. I'm sure they're keeping him in the rotation in lieu of the young guns to fulfill the competitive mandate, but their best chance at being competitive this year involves multiple young starters out-performing this version of Ober anyway, so they might as well move him over to the bullpen sooner than later. It gives the young starters more time to develop against top-level lineups while arguably also giving themselves a higher ceiling (and lower floor, but I'm pretty over caring about the floor at this point). Plus who knows what kind of boost Ober could give the pen if they can harvest some more velocity in shorter outings?
×
×
  • Create New...