Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

The Great Hambino

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,297
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by The Great Hambino

  1. Can we be 100% certain that they're not the same person?
  2. If I understand the tiebreaker correctly, then the USA is now guaranteed to advance with Italy scoring 5+, even if Mexico comes back to win
  3. Vikings officially get just one comp pick for 2026, though it is the highest one awarded at #97
  4. In reality, the legal tampering period begins at the combine and we have a 48-hour early announcement window for new deals other teams' free agents. It would all make a lot more sense if they just called it that.
  5. I think they should give serious consideration to cutting Hockenson. With the way he's been trending, I don't think it would be too difficult to cheaply replace him (it's easy to see him being a well-below average TE at this point), and he could save them almost $16MM with a post-June 1 cut If they truly want there to be a legitimate QB competition for JJ, then I think Geno Smith is the play. It's hard to separate his awful 2025 from the organizational rot he had to deal with, so he has real bounceback potential - at least as much as you could reasonably expect from a 35 year old. At worst, he's still an upgrade from last year's backup QB situation. Like Kyler, he's basically free. And unlike Kyler, I think he can be signed without a guarantee of a starting spot. Whichever direction they go at QB, I hope it's a cut veteran that can be had for the minimum. There are no long-term solutions available (assuming they don't go nuclear with a trade), and they need as many resources as possible to patch up the rest of the roster
  6. I don't know how we ended up in a spot where three weeks before the season, my most tangible source of optimism for this year is Alan Roden (fudging a bit cuz it's really probably Abel at least as a 1A-1B type deal, but I'm trying to make a point here). I did not have that on my Twingo card
  7. Yeah, but other teams are well aware of that too, though. I'd be absolutely shocked if they can get a first rounder for him in any year. If they can, take it and sprint away before the other GM changes their mind. I'd even jump immediately on an offer for a second rounder
  8. Regardless of the type of beer actually sold as part of this deal (I'm assuming Coors Light and under, and anything else is a bonus), I look forward to trying to revive a game I used to play with my wife when she was pregnant. It's called "I Drive There, You Drive Home"
  9. 34" vert at 325 is terrifying
  10. Unless these figures changed significantly at the end of last year after he came over from the Dodgers, Outman's track record isn't exactly a glowing endorsement of their predictive abilities. As has been said upthread, he was given away by the Dodgers for a broken reliever. He really needs to hope that the Twins don't see Roden or Martin as viable medium-term CF options. Being the only one in the system that's not Buxton or someone subject to service time manipulation is his best path to making the opening day roster
  11. Touche, I forgot about VeRsAtIlItY Speaking of, who is the backup 2B? Is Martin in that mix? Clemens? Kriedler/whomever takes the vet backup slot? By the end of the year is it Lee?
  12. A healthy Austin Martin gets left off the roster for a fourth underwhelming option at 1B? I don't buy it
  13. When I read the headline I thought he was talking about the club itself, not the players
  14. Ephesians Prysock is a 1st ballot HOF name
  15. That's a pretty damning indictment considering the bulk of their offseason spending - Bell and whatever portion of Caratini you'd like to allocate to 1B - was made with this position in mind
  16. It's hard for me to say this first half can be considered more important than 2002. Right on the heels of narrowly avoiding contraction, the 02 team got off to a 20-11 start that jump-started fan interest with a fun team that led three straight division titles, even more fan interest, and ultimately the approval of Target Field by a very narrow margin. It's not hard to see an alternate reality where that team stumbles out of the gate, fan interest never fully recovers, the new stadium doesn't get pushed over the finish line, and the Twin Cities are currently jockeying to be an expansion target because the Twins left town So I'd call that more important than the fulfillment of Tom Pohlad's quixotic quest for fringe competitiveness. But that's just me.
  17. I think there's one thing that's going to keep the owners from going to the mattresses over a salary cap in this round of negotiations: TV rights going to market. Baseball is at a crossroads in terms of how their product is distributed and consumed. The RSN model that has propped up revenues is on life support, if not effectively dead, and this next round of media rights will determine how they replace that revenue. Manfred's strategy has been to bundle local rights as much as possible and bring everything to market at the same time, which is why they've made every effort to have all existing media contracts end after the 2028 season. Bringing all those rights to market on the heels of a significant loss of games would be utterly catastrophic. There will be a whole lot of posturing and maybe a delay to the start of spring training, but they'd be crazy to torpedo their largest source of revenue to get a cap from the players. It wouldn't be worth it. Just ask the NHL how they liked putting their games on the Outdoor Life Network. I think the real salary cap battle will happen with the next round of CBA negotiations after this one.
  18. Split squad games today and neither has a TV broadcast available? Harumph
  19. Pro tip: be sure to lift with your knees when you're carrying a rotation
  20. These are really starting to blur the lines between satire and reality.
  21. Certainly starting to look like "none of the above" is the likeliest closer. This bullpen screams closer by committee The plan must be to keep it all together with smoke and mirrors and bubble gum and duct tape in the first part of the year and hope a converted starter or two with upside can transition to high leverage roles by the end of the year. That's not a good plan if you're truly expecting to compete
  22. I might be in the minority on this, but I like having a red home alternate option. Balances out the blue road alternate in the Rain Man part of my brain, plus I thought the red ones with the TC logo over the heart looked pretty good a few years ago. The M hats should be exiled to wherever they decided to stash Joe P, whether that's the offices of another business they want to run into the ground, some remote Caribbean island, or a utility closet at Breck. Those hats stink and they should be using the TC - which is unique, iconic, and good - full time. The cream Twin Cities alternates are great
  23. You're not wrong. But changes to revenue sharing without an effective salary floor are also pointless. Otherwise you're just taking money from teams willing to spend and giving it to those that aren't wiling to spend with nothing keeping them from simply pocketing it. Can't imagine why the union would be opposed to that. They're all needed in tandem to achieve the desired effect.
×
×
  • Create New...