Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
13 hours ago, weitz41 said:

I'm sorry but these types of articles annoy the crap out of me. They're like waiting for your x wife to realize the mistake she made...If you can't move on...

AND you should have traded RYAN and LOPEZ before this season. Sure, sure I knew Lopez was going to hurt himself before the season started as well. I was just keeping it a secret. OF course, Ryan tailed off in the second half it's only because those TWO PROSPECTS we MAY have got for him, last trade deadline, have had great seasons.

If you're rolling the dice, you're willing to deal with the wins and losses. MAN the F  up, stop being whinny little bitches.

Sorry...LIKE I SAID these sorts of articles annoy the crap out of me....

sorry had to edit to keep the many vultures from picking at the one or two extra line rather the the meat of my post.

Great comments! Love it! And in answer to the article's headline, put me in the NO camp. I don't think it would have made much difference this season at all. Sure, we MIGHT have had a handful of more wins with those two relievers, but a healthy Buxton and more production from Lewis would have been more of a factor in getting us to the playoffs. 

Verified Member
Posted

I will never believe that 2 pen guys would have made up 7 games in the standings. Yes, our pen was a big issue all year, and we added at the deadline to try to help it. You need to ask, how many innings would they have pitched that you assume would have been a different outcome.  

I could be wrong, but I refuse to believe they would have changed that many outcomes.  Also, you need to remember both were being used as closers.  They both would not do that here, so the fWAR cited would not be as high.  Also, with Duran's money on the books, other moves may not have been made. 

Posted
6 hours ago, JADBP said:

Almost as absurd as trading Varland was NOT taking the BoSox offer.  That was an insane offer.  Now, we don't need another SS, we seem to be covered, but the offer of Payton Tolle was insane.  Yeah, he would be an even better asset that either Ryan or Varland.  And, we would have him for several more years.

But that just shows the insane management decisions by Falvey and Zoll. 

I for one believe that the Twins can improve under Pohlad ownership...we have made some baby steps this year.  But, as long as Falvey/Zoll is still running the organization, we will continue to make inane player decisions.  The single best move that Pohlad needs to make NOW is to fire Zoll and get a GM that understands how to run a modern day MLB team.  Zoll is not going to get us there.

I agreed with the first half ... But it's the owners that wouldn't let them sell players for youth. They are the root of the problem. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, weitz41 said:

I think you misunderstand the point I was trying to make.

Sometimes it's best to move on.

Copilot wrote this when I asked about dwelling on the past:

Dwelling on the past can trap you in negative thought cycles, hinder personal growth, and affect mental health, but understanding and redirecting your focus can help you move forward.

Sure, they should done this or that. Gotten more for X player or kept Y player. But I've moved on and again that is what bugs me about this type of article. Nothing useful comes out of these, it just adds to the frustration.

 

It might have been misunderstood because it sounded unhinged.....just saying.

Posted
18 hours ago, LastOnePicked said:

I'll never understand why folks who are happy with this season are mad at other fans who aren't. If you wanted Pohlad to stand pat, "go for it" and keep the veteran core intact, then you got what you wanted. Congratulations.

You should be happy. Ownership may not be listening to any of us, but they definitely aren't listening to those of us who wanted the rebuild finished. And in '27, you're going to win again, because they're going to have to bring almost all of these same players back again and just hope for a different result.

You won. Relax. Enjoy.

It's just too bad the Twins aren't winning, too.

 think you misunderstand the point I was trying to make.

Sometimes it's best to move on.

Copilot wrote this when I asked about dwelling on the past:

Dwelling on the past can trap you in negative thought cycles, hinder personal growth, and affect mental health, but understanding and redirecting your focus can help you move forward.

Sure, they should done this or that. Gotten more for X player or kept Y player. But I've moved on and again that is what bugs me about this type of article. Nothing useful comes out of these, it just adds to the frustration.

Posted
6 minutes ago, TheLeviathan said:

It might have been misunderstood because it sounded unhinged.....just saying.

Maybe so...but it's been repeat, replace names and post on this type of article the last couple seasons. I don't remember anyone saying move on, so I did and maybe at a slightly unhinged level.

Verified Member
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike Sixel said:

I agreed with the first half ... But it's the owners that wouldn't let them sell players for youth. They are the root of the problem. 

I don’t know..making the Ryan and Jeffers trades would have saved a bunch of money.  

Posted
9 hours ago, Bangkok Twins Fan said:

MAN the F  up, stop being whinny little bitches.

"Whinny" seems to refer to horses, while "bitches" refer to dogs.  Are people who disagree with you horses or dogs?  Or are they dogs that make horse-like sounds?

Also, what does "MAN the F up" mean in the context of being a Twins fan on a blog?  How exactly does one do this?  I'd really like to try it.  Can one "WOMAN the F up" too?  I have so much to learn!

Posted
2 hours ago, weitz41 said:

Maybe so...but it's been repeat, replace names and post on this type of article the last couple seasons. 

Seems like you are living in the past.  Who cares what articles were posted the last couple seasons.  Just move on!  

Posted
2 hours ago, Mike Sixel said:

Tommy boy was trying to win. This is why Falvey left. 

I posted the same thing and then was told it's his fault because he didn't want to give up marketing responsibilities if I remember right? Now sure exactly. Nonetheless I agree Falvey would have wanted to finish the job.

Posted
1 hour ago, Woof Bronzer said:

Seems like you are living in the past.  Who cares what articles were posted the last couple seasons.  Just move on!  

TY for your response if you can spare the time...look at my other posts you may fit into what I was talking about....

Posted
14 minutes ago, weitz41 said:

I posted the same thing and then was told it's his fault because he didn't want to give up marketing responsibilities if I remember right? Now sure exactly. Nonetheless I agree Falvey would have wanted to finish the job.

Falvey was given responsibility for all operations business and baseball when St. Peter left.  He was given the business operations only because the team for sale and it was likely an interim role.  So he had a tremendous of power with the organization and had half of that power taken away when Tom P. took over the business operations.  He didn't want to give those up, it was more than just marketing.  Maybe Tom P. was giving him direction on the baseball side he didn't agree with but he was losing a lot of power within the organization and ran.

Falvey wanted to operate like the large market teams, I will never be convinced he was committed to a rebuild.  He never wanted to play the kids over middling vets.  And look where he ends up, the Mets.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...