Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Our long national nightmare is over. KOC must have really hated the kid. 

Yeah, I liked him as insurance though. I have next to no faith in the two guys ahead of him. But then again, like Zimmer said of Mond “I see him every day”

Posted
3 minutes ago, The Great Hambino said:

Zero% chance.  If there was even a thought about Wentz v Murray being a competition in their mind, Wentz would've remained the starter against the Bucs under the guise of being cautious with a concussion.

Murray was not good, but let's not forget that the alternative led the team to zero touchdowns and had a 55% completion percentage the week before.  

In terrible weather. Murray can’t see over the line in any weather 

Posted
Just now, TheLeviathan said:

A 5th is just not worth it.  Gross.

Wish it was a conditional pick based on playing time. But it was clear for months we wanted nothing to do with JJM this season. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

Absolute insanity, especially with the mid quarterback play we’ve had so far. You know this dude is gonna ball out for the giants. 

I bet he doesn't beat out Winston. He couldn't figure out KOCs offense after being in the system for three years, I doubt he's capable of picking up something brand new now.

Community Moderator
Posted
Just now, TheLeviathan said:

A 5th is just not worth it.  Gross.

Agreed. Develop him and see what happens. No reason to move on from him at this point, especially after seeing what we currently have in Murray and Wentz.

Posted

Well, that was a bungled situation over this offseason. Should have traded him before the draft instead of wasting the offseason trying to fix him and reducing Kyler's snaps with the 1st team offense. If the intent was to boost his trade value with the "competition", that backfired as it hurt Kyler and didn't improve JJM's trade return.

Gonna be interesting to see when JJM gets a shot, Winston hasn't looked as good moving the chains as in previous seasons, and I imagine the Giants will give him a shot at some point with Dart not coming back until 2027. Dart will be the starter in 2027 and Winston is under contract through then too, so there isn't a path to JJM starting there next year, but he'll at least get a chance to play there this season as the Vikings were not giving him another chance in 2026.

Many thought JJM would play for Jim Harbaugh, but he ends up with the other one. Clearly Jim didn't tell his brother not to trade for him...

Posted
2 minutes ago, TheLeviathan said:

A 5th is just not worth it.  Gross.

I would have given him away. 

To me, the absolute worst case scenario is if McCarthy ended up having to play, and showed JUST ENOUGH so that the Vikings gave him another shot in 2027. Barring a Kyler Murray renaissance, this all but guarantees the Vikings will be looking for a new franchise QB next year. 

And I don't hate McCarthy. I think he just needs to grow up a bit, learn to play QB instead of rely on his talent and he'll pop up as a decent QB a few years from now. And I'm cheering for him. 

Posted
Just now, Aggies7 said:

Fascinating to wonder who will be the starter next year for the Vikings. Who has the best odds ?

I made a prediction a few weeks back that Mac Jones will be on our roster next year, KOC needs a pocket passer who can run the Shanahan offense and Jones will hit the open market and will probably want to sign here. And they'll also probably draft a QB in Rounds 2-4 and pretend to develop him.

Posted
1 minute ago, Danchat said:

I made a prediction a few weeks back that Mac Jones will be on our roster next year, KOC needs a pocket passer who can run the Shanahan offense and Jones will hit the open market and will probably want to sign here. And they'll also probably draft a QB in Rounds 2-4 and pretend to develop him.

I thought they’d go after him this past offseason 

Posted
1 minute ago, Vanimal46 said:

A CJ Stroud type. Or perhaps Justin Herbert if things continue to go south in Charger land. 

Herbert is the best realistic option I think.  Depends on if Harbaugh is given enough rope to allow them to pick up McDaniel's offense, which is apparently very difficult for a newbie

Posted
1 minute ago, Vanimal46 said:

A CJ Stroud type. Or perhaps Justin Herbert if things continue to go south in Charger land. 

My entire life outside of a few years has been hoping to win the QB free agent lottery. Going all the way back to Jim McMahon 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Danchat said:

I made a prediction a few weeks back that Mac Jones will be on our roster next year, KOC needs a pocket passer who can run the Shanahan offense and Jones will hit the open market and will probably want to sign here. And they'll also probably draft a QB in Rounds 2-4 and pretend to develop him.

I'll guess it's the Vikings vs the Steelers for Mac Jones, as those are the two teams that are more worried about being bad than they are worried about being good. I hope Pittsburgh wins the bidding.

I'm going to go with Jayden Maiava. He's not currently among the top QB prospects for next year, so if that holds, he'd likely fall to whatever range the Vikings are picking. But I also think he's being slept on and will eventually move up those rankings.

Community Moderator
Posted

Tankathon has 6 QB's going in the 1st round in next year's draft. Those of you who know college football, are any of these 6 intriguing to you?

Arch Manning

Darian Mensah

Dante Moore

Trinidad Chambliss

CJ Carr

Julian Sayin

Posted

All I know is that one of the two remaining quarterbacks better step it the **** up. This is a bleeping elite defense and we just need merely competent quarterback play from one of them. We can’t waste another year with a fantastic defense. Well, we can but I’d hope we don’t 

Posted
Just now, Vanimal46 said:

This makes the “competition” this offseason even more of a sham. Why did we bother wasting reps on a fake competition?

Trade value like @Danchatsaid.  I bet they could've had a 3rd in April.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

This makes the “competition” this offseason even more of a sham. Why did we bother wasting reps on a fake competition?

I always presumed it was a sham, and I think most of us did. The con being trying to get more than a 5th for McCarthy, which was stupid. Anything less than a 2nd was just wasting time and reps for a pick that doesn't much matter, and McCarthy was NEVER getting a 2nd no matter how he looked in shorts and red jersey touch football.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

Fascinating to wonder who will be the starter next year for the Vikings. Who has the best odds ?

Someone not on the roster. 

Terrible trade. Koc must have really hated this guy. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

I thought they’d go after him this past offseason 

The 49ers reportedly had a really high asking price (borderline 1st-2nd round pick) so nobody traded for him, but he hits the market in 2027.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Musk21 said:

Tankathon has 6 QB's going in the 1st round in next year's draft. Those of you who know college football, are any of these 6 intriguing to you?

Arch Manning

Darian Mensah

Dante Moore

Trinidad Chambliss

CJ Carr

Julian Sayin

Any of them. Keep trying until you get it right. Unless their college offense isn't built around them. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Musk21 said:

Tankathon has 6 QB's going in the 1st round in next year's draft. Those of you who know college football, are any of these 6 intriguing to you?

Arch Manning

Darian Mensah

Dante Moore

Trinidad Chambliss

CJ Carr

Julian Sayin

From what little I know, Mensah has looked like the best one so far. Get back to me when Manning is in his third year starting, he simply does not look like a 1st round QB right now.

I have a QB scout friend who is calling this class very deep, but surprisingly shallow at the very top. Could be a good round to take a shot on a Round 2 QB. But I don't trust KOC and the coaching staff to develop anyone given what we've seen from them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...