Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

The Great Hambino

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,297
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by The Great Hambino

  1. I'm afraid I think there are better odds that Ryan is done for the year than that he throws another competitive pitch in August As for Buxton, I think they reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllyyy want him walking through the corn in Dyersville in a week
  2. If you had told me one run in five for Kremer tonight before the game, I woulda happily taken that
  3. Gotta do what you gotta do to get Caratini's bat in the lineup
  4. Not the smoothest of turns by Royce but got the job done
  5. I'm still recovering from my time as a member of the Synod of Danny Valencia
  6. Just to be clear, I’m not liking the second paragraph
  7. I wonder if Lopez would be open to an extension with some healthy incentives to hedge against complications in his return from TJ. I'd be open to that I'd also like to see them give a Brewers-style extension to one/both of Jenkins and Culpepper. And be aggressive in adding salary in the trade market in areas where the FA pool is shallow. Increased spending doesn't have to come in the form of free agents. Basically, get creative.
  8. I gave a C, though I could convinced on changing it to a B after a few drinks The good: the prospect haul given away is unlikely to haunt them, 2 of the 3 acquired are controlled into next year, Hoffman has legitimate high-leverage upside, and while I think the goodwill generated is short-term and overrated, it's not nothing, either The bad: their playoff odds didn't actually improve, nothing was done about a lineup that can be upgraded in many places now that they're no longer magical with RISP, Hoffman has Emilio-Pagan-esque downside, Kremer looks like a bad cost-benefit bet to me (in terms of future salary) if he can't turn it around, and I can't shake the feeling that they missed on some chances to add real value by capitalizing on potential returns for Jeffers and Ryan. I also am afraid that Tom is more concerned with making the popular decision instead of the right decision. It could be a one-time event meant to jumpstart the real investment in the offseason, or it could be a harbinger of things to come.
  9. Every time Tom starts getting really proud of himself, a starting pitcher goes down
  10. Looks like no guaranteed money past 2027 and a base salary that doubles in 2028 This is a two year contract
  11. That sure didn't look like a team that was pumped up with a shot in the arm on the heels of their trade deadline activity. Wasn't that supposed to be a factor in the equation in buying while facing long playoff odds as opposed to maximizing value? I think the value of morale or whatever you want to call it that is supposed to be generated by their trade deadline direction gets greatly overstated. It's just one game, but they're on notice That's three lackluster starts in a row now for Joe
  12. For all the soft hits that official scorers allow, that one was an error? I don't get it
  13. Since they let him throw 95 pitches the last time Zebby was there, I'll lean toward yes
  14. Kinda impressive that they're 6-4 (tonight trending toward 6-5) in that stretch
  15. A frontline starter and a 1B with a war hammer would be on my shopping list I've had my fill of floor-setting moves. Let's raise the ceiling
  16. It would be one hell of a maneuver to not increase it at this point
  17. I don't think the lack of hitting is making Joe pitch so ... ordinary They're not going anywhere if they don't both get it together
×
×
  • Create New...