Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

The Great Hambino

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,297
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by The Great Hambino

  1. Not a bad idea. Wool uniforms too. I'd say push the rule date back even further, but playing by true pre-1947 rules might have some unintended consequences
  2. Netflix likes lighting money on fire for weird sporting events, I thought they coulda gotten them to foot the bill
  3. It's hard to grade the long-term effects of a trade strategy when they change course on their strategy in the following offseason. But one of the selling points from their myriad of totally-not-AI-generated open letters in the wake of The Purge last trade deadline was impact in the short-term as well as the long-term expected from the pieces they received. In terms of effect on the 2026 season, two trades made them definitively worse (Duran/Varland), one made them better (Jax), and the Correa trade can be scored in a number of different ways depending on your perspective. On the one hand, $30MM spent on an injured player would be quite the millstone around their neck this year. On the other hand, since the player they received in trade was arguably literally the least valuable piece in the entire Astros organization at the time, all the value has to come from reinvesting the savings. And on a net basis, they're still not spending to that threshold even after the trade deadline increases to payroll. They're still more than $20MM below their pre-2025-deadline payroll level, so you could say the cost savings from the trade still haven't touched the current roster (2025 opening day payroll $143MM less current payroll of $113MM is $29MM). It may (read: it better) get reinvested over the rest of the life of the contract, but so far it hasn't. To be clear, I'm not saying they shouldn't have gotten off the Correa train, or that it won't pay off down the line. I'm just suggesting that is hasn't really done anything for them this year. I suppose you could also view the Paddack/Dobnak as a negative impact on this season as he has proven to be quite the bugaboo for the Twins when they've had to face him, but that's pushing it, especially since he has done so for a team other than the one that acquired him
  4. Tai Felton: legitimately primed to make a leap in Year 2, or have writers simply been watching the same guys practice for too long?
  5. How do people say their name? I just call them unreal. Is there an official ruling on this?
  6. I'm sure UNRL paid them handsomely for that spot, but sometimes there just isn't a defensive play of the game
  7. I thought at the time that they got Kremer to set the floor and was very much in favor of going after another controllable pitcher that could slot in higher up the rotation, so I would've been a fan
  8. That's some real 3D chess by Shelton to remove Adams as an option for tomorrow's game
  9. Keaschall jumped for that like he's being controlled by someone that's bad at video games
  10. In Europe they call it the Mexican wave. Probably cuz they first saw it when they hosted a World Cup, although I may have made that part up. I don't mind it, other than the time some dingus a couple rows away from me kept trying to start one when Berrios had a no hitter going late in the game some time circa 2019
  11. How'd you get that together so quickly? And how'd you get Derek Shelton to pose for that while he's managing?
  12. When I rent mules, I make them throw way more than 89 pitches before I start feeling bad about it
  13. I've said it before, but having a homer and a bunt hit in the same game should have a name
  14. It must be nice that, when you inevitably convert to the Church of Kremer, you'll get to save money updating your signage. Only have to drop -idl- and cobble together an M!
  15. Morneau made a cameo at first base on Sunday. He even recorded a putout! It was fun show with a lot of energy. Music was definitely curated by someone that grew up in the 90s Though I did see this sign hanging above the entrance to the A Ramp after the game:
  16. Strange Neshek-like throwing motion Dangles his arm weirdly before getting set Did that weird hesitation thing against Royce Odd timing Just kinda overall strange. Not even in a bad way, just strange
  17. Hambino: "Hey [wife], check it out, Royce just launched one." Mrs. Hambino: "Wow, he's really dialed it back on the eye black."
×
×
  • Create New...