Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

The Great Hambino

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,297
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by The Great Hambino

  1. Perhaps while listening to Rush and discussing the merits of universal health care
  2. In center, there are two fielders that can back him up instead of one
  3. Why do the Progressive insurance people always wear aprons?
  4. Since it looks pretty clear right now that they're not going to sell regardless of whether or not they should, I'm going to focus just on the buying part until they give me a reason to think otherwise No matter what you think their chances are this, I think just about everyone would agree that their current setup gives them potentially better chances in the future. Because of that, I hope they focus on pieces that have control beyond this season. So I'd prefer they swing bigger deals for Detmers-type pitchers (maybe not him specifically) over rentals. That way they can help improve their playoff push this year while also kickstarting their push towards a more competitive window next year. It's not that trading away Ricardo Olivares (or whomever) for some expiring reliever no one's heard of from the Giants compromises their ability to improve the team in the future; it's that using Olivares as part of a broader package for more controllable pitching either now or in the offseason is a better use of those finite trade resources. If they're intent on buying, do so in ways that provide benefit beyond 2026
  5. If Joe's sleepy arm doesn't wake up soon, he won't be going anywhere, but not for the reasons we want
  6. I didn't see an angle of their positioning before the hit, but from the replays I saw it looked like you could fit Rhode Island between Kreidler and Roden. Maybe the new CF didn't get factored into Roden's positioning? I dunno. It definitely looked strange, like it shoulda been caught but also wasn't even close to getting caught.
  7. From what I can tell, it's not so much a new proposal as it is more detail regarding how they define the revenue split When MLB proposes a 50/50 revenue split, it is cartoonishly misleading. They want it to be 50/50 after: - removing 17% of local revenues to be retained by the league - removing 22% of national revenues to be retained by the league - unlimited carve-outs for stadium and spring training facility renovations, MLB Network and local broadcast production, and expenses for "new ventures", whatever TF that means - a host of nickel-and-dime reductions like 20% of naming rights fees and the complete removal of parking and billboard revenue more than half a mile from the stadium - including non-salary player costs in the definition of payroll On top of all that, the total split winds up being 50/50 only if every team spent to the level of the cap. Spoiler alert: they won't Add all that together, and player salaries in reality end up well below the 50/50 split that MLB is trying really hard to convince the public that they're offering But hey, they're offering to include ballpark ATM fees from their increasingly cashless ballparks as part of the revenue split. What an olive branch! These are the kind of games you play when you want a lockout. Personally, I still think that the impending media rights negotiations that will be happening in 2027-28 will prevent either side from going nuclear, but I'm feeling less and less confident about that the more I learn about the details of ownership's proposal
  8. I must be getting old, because there are certain things I just can't understand how they appeal to the youngs
  9. They're gonna feel so embarrassed when they realize they printed the name upside down
  10. "Feels preordained" Now that's some powerful investigative journalism right there. Is this based on any actual sourced information, or just what Passan senses in his tummy? After listening to this, I don't think it's the former
  11. Why Not Both Dot Gif If forced to choose, I choose sell as I think they're more in the pretender category than an actual contender. And even though it would go against the FO's stated intentions, I don't buy the idea that selling would have any sort of real effect on fan morale. First of all, it's already in the toilet - it's not gonna get much worse. Second of all, league-wide fan morale is probably going to crater next season if there's a prolonged work stoppage regardless of what they do at this deadline. Third of all, no one single move - or even one single trade deadline or offseason - is going to meaningfully improve fan morale long-term. They have dug themselves such a hole in this department that nothing short of consistent investment AND consistent winning - as in, over a multiple year stretch - will get them out of it. So for the purposes of this deadline, I hope their decisions are based on long-term roster value and not short-term fan morale But if I had my way, they'd be doing some of both. Sell Ryan at the peak of his value, sell Jeffers if they can get better value than a comp pick, listen on Larnach/Bell/other expring/arb-eligible players, but use your prospect pool to target controllable pitchers. I keep seeing comments like "I'm only trading Player X if I can get back someone that can help now." Well, no one looking to rent a (relatively, in terms of prospect cost) high-priced catcher is going to be giving up anything that helps win now. It defeats the purpose. It's the net return from all your trades in aggregate that matters at the end of the day Of course, given all the uncertainty surrounding the contender status of most of the league as well as the upcoming CBA, I can see the trade market becoming a league-wide dud, so "none of the above" could end up being a possible answer as well
  12. I've been pretty skeptical of Tom's talk ever since he took over, but this is basically the only thing they can do between the start of the season and the trade deadline to actually show increased investment in the team, so I have to give him credit here. Even if it amounts to like a third of a minimum contract.
  13. Nice well-timed reverse-jinx graphic from the production crew showing Larnach's L/R splits
  14. New rule proposal: if neither team scores a single run after 3 innings of Manfredball, it's a loss for both teams
  15. That might've been the quickest challenge I've seen - ump hadn't even completed the punchout
  16. Isn't that a line from one of those old Cleveland tourism videos?
  17. Good point - not just Spanish, but Catalan as well. They're both from metropolitan Barcelona
  18. Jose is an all-time runs-faster-than-it-looks-like-he-should guy
×
×
  • Create New...