Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

LastOnePicked

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,959
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    10

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by LastOnePicked

  1. Instead of a qualifying offer this offseason the Twins might pitch in for a U-Haul.
  2. Oh, I don't know about that. We usually make other teams look pretty smart.
  3. They're missing a certain ... there's a French word for it ... ... ... I don't know what.
  4. I don't know how far I could run with $25 million in my pockets. But I'd like to try.
  5. I think he thinks the Yankees are going to drive a dump truck of money up to his house. Come February, they might claim the driver got lost.
  6. Jeffers might take that qualifying offer after all.
  7. First of all, the timeline is a bit off. The idea was to trade Lopez, Jeffers and Ryan in the offseason. There's was very little value for Ryan at this year's deadline, and apparently other GMs and owners were wise to the illusion that Larnach has finally broken out. Do those trades make the Twins a "real contender" in 2026 or 2027? Of course not. They take their lumps. They give an awful lot of innings and plate appearances to an awful lot of near-ready prospects and waiver claims, You see what you have, you trade what you can and you draft high. You build a base around elite, promising players. Meanwhile, you revamp training facilities and minor league coaching staffs. Does the league need financial parity? Sure. But can a smart team (like Cleveland, like Milwaukee) give themselves a fighting chance even under the old revenue framework? Clearly yes.
  8. I think that's exactly what happened. Pohlad told Falvey he could only deliver a 100M payroll, Falvey probably countered that then the wisest move for the franchise would be to sell high on Lopez, Ryan, Jeffers and Buxton. Pohlad feared bad PR for his coronation and probably told Falvey that they'd just tell everyone they were in "win-now" mode and see what happens. Falvey then rightfully realized that's there no point in building a career under a such abject stupidity, and wisely moved on.
  9. No wonder the Pohlads don't really invest in the team. 64-70 equals "a fun year" to too many people. If they were a 64-70 team of all youngsters in a rebuild, sure. This is a mostly veteran team whose stated goal was to win. I don't get it. I just don't get it.
  10. I appreciate the spirit, but this article is about 15 games too late. This team is six games under .500. They currently have the fifth-worst record in the AL and the ninth-worst record in all of MLB. Come on now. The season is broken. Now it's time to break in a few rookies and break the postseason dreams of a few rivals.
  11. Good article, Nick. The reason why the records are pretty much the same is that this is still pretty much the same organization. There wasn't a single elite player of the roster last August, and there's not a single elite player on the roster this August. You need elite talent somewhere on the mound or the field or the batter's box to win. It's possible that Jenkins will be elite. We'll just have to see.
  12. That's great, and I love it. Here's hoping you reach 101. But the problem with the "play each game like it's your last" approach for a major league team is that you can actually damage tomorrow's chances with today's mistakes. That's precisely what happened this past offseason.
  13. The Pohlads have plenty of money. It's the intelligence deficit that's the real issue with this club.
  14. I don't know what they can win at this point ... but I would love to have Jenkins and his teammates make the playoff push a living h-e-double-hockey-sticks for the White Sox and the Guardians,
  15. Go get 'em, young man. May you have an unforgettable career as a Twin. In the good sense.
  16. Nothing even remotely irrelevant. It's a pattern, and the refusal to add Jenkins fits that pattern. Good on some folks for calling it out. You can't say you're "going big" while thinking small. I mean, you can - you'll just get the same results you've always gotten.
  17. Again, they were already at record low attendance. In a year in which they actually claimed to be "trying to win," by the way.
  18. "Sometimes, the universe is gentle when you're in that kind of situation." This is a good article, Matthew. There's gonna be some griping around here over the next few weeks, and 25% of it will probably come from me. But if you need the universe to be gentle to your ballclub, you don't belong in the playoffs. That's the underlying excuse culture this organization - and its fandom - has got to start eradicating, once and for all. You either execute a plan to give yourself every advantage to win, or you stockpile excuses for inevitable losses. The ball will always find a weak spot. Winning teams understand this to their core.
  19. Sounds familiar. No. Sorry, no. I know that Twins Territory requires a lot of pig lipstick, but not even Gerrit Cole can offer the kinds of spin needed to make that statement work.
  20. I mean, it may be a realistic assumption. By all accounts, the MLBPA absolutely will not accept a salary cap, and the owners absolutely will not move forward without one. But I fail to see how Jenkins's future is possibly helped by not playing at the level his skills suggest he's ready for. What can he learn about himself as an MLB player simply by recycling AAA experiences?
×
×
  • Create New...