-
Posts
1,959 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by LastOnePicked
-
I don't think there's any chance they will sign him. Specifically because I don't think he wants to be here - I think he wants to win. Certainly the Yankees will let it be known that they will match/exceed any offer the Twins make. It's going to be funny if he gets a 4 year $80M contract elsewhere, and then a salary floor gets put into place, and then suddenly the Twins have to sign a marginal free agent in early March for $20M a year just to reach the salary floor.
-
If you had a choice, and if you experienced this organization from the inside, you probably wouldn't want an extension here either. Who would? I mean, money talks, but all things being equal, I'd want to play for a winner. And I certainly wouldn't give a discount to a billionaire who hasn't ever once paid for an above league average payroll.
-
Help me out here. Isn't "trying" the absolute bare minimum qualification for playing MLB? Do we really need participation ribbons and a trip to the Dairy Queen for a professional baseball team? Look, ownership is absolutely to blame for this mess, I agree. But I don't really see the roster doing anything special on the mound, the plate or the field, either.
-
This is a little harsh ... but it might not be totally inaccurate. I don't think Buxton ever "sits out" of anything. But I do think he realizes that expectations for him would be much higher on more functional, competitive teams. Buxton's injuries aren't moral failings and his contract hasn't been wasted spending. But he can't be counted on as the team's starting CF, and the organization is going to have to clarify this sooner or later, one way or another.
-
That would be the very definition of selling low. But they bought him low as well, so maybe it just comes full circle. I don't think Ryan would sign an extension here, so I think you tell him to go get ready for a strong season after the work stoppage. The goal is to win, but as soon as it's clear that's not happening, a trade partner will be found by or before the deadline. The Twins lost incredible trade value this year. The only way to balance that out is to go win in '27. I don't think it will happen, but they made their bed - they clearly have to go all in now and try.
-
The recent second-half-of-the-season collapses probably each have their own reasons, but maybe the biggest reason that connects them all is that they continue to roll out a roster of previously injured players and just hope they all don't get injured. And when they wind up injured, there's just not the roster depth there to salvage the season. The other reason is this: the Twins are just not that good. They haven't had an elite player at any position in years. They haven't had an MVP, a ROY, a Cy Young Winner, a saves leader or a home run king in a very long time. Many hyped top prospects also went belly-up way too quickly. Clutch situations usually expose talent level pretty quickly. Okay enough to play close baseball, but not strong enough to win. I keep hoping that ownership might take this seriously some day.
-
This has kind of been hashed and re-hashed to death. Just for clarity's sake, Buxton was very upset after last season and made it clear to Dan Hayes and others that he would drop the no-trade clause if the Twins were rebuilding the entire team around him. Falvey also wouldn't clarify that they would never try to trade Buxton, and by all accounts, this hurt Buxton's pride. But then Tom P. took the reins and Zoll - probably at his directive - made a public statement that the Twins are never going to try and trade Buxton. And that seems to have satisfied Buxton. So, yes, Buxton does want to be here. And yes, he is now untradeable because Zoll has already clarified his status here. But, yes, he could have been traded last offseason. Maybe that would have been good for all involved. Or maybe whomever they got in trade wouldn't have even put up career numbers as good as what Buxton put up in the first half. Who knows? He's here until the end of his contract - that much is now 100% certain. The challenge for the Twins will be to build roster contingencies around his inevitable injuries.
-
I wrote about this a few years ago - a little post called "Why Winning Matters." It's about what the Twins have meant to me since I was ten years old. And now that my father is fading away, it's about how thankful I am that we had memories together of the Twins winning it all. I want every baseball-loving parent to have that experience with their baseball-loving kid. Period. Every opportunity this organization lets slip by is another generation that loses the experience of rooting for their team on the near-impossible quest for a championship. Trust me, I would love to quit this version of the Twins. Sadly, they're in my blood at this point. But if my crankiness bothers you or anyone else here, then feel free to block or ignore me. It's gotta be easy to do.
-
Are people actually watching the Minnesota Twins? Maybe folks have been getting the Brewers feed by mistake. Folks, this team is 8 games under .500 in the most winnable WC race in MLB history. And I like a lot players on this team, yes, But "no quit attitude" is taking it a bit far for a team that routinely can't score after the 4th inning.
-
No. "Giving it your all" means a full, clear-eyed assessment of your organization, building your resources and striking when the opportunity arises. What did this year's "aggressiveness" lead to? Absolutely nothing. In fact, a worse future with weaker draft position and fewer elite prospects. I'm glad you're happy, Nick. This season left me feeling even less hopeful about this team's future. They have no intelligent leadership and no plan to win whatsoever.
-
Week in Review: Stuck in Neutral
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Curse that McKistry! He ruined Jenkins' timing at the plate ... maybe for the rest of the year. 😀 A few fun games this week. And the losses at this point only potentially improve draft position, so no worries there. A .500 record is still on the table. But so are 90 losses.- 23 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- joe ryan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Well, it's Ober. Kidding. It's been over for weeks. And it's not Bailey's fault. If anything, he gave more than I thought he could give. Every team has tough decisions to make in an offseason, but the Twins probably have tougher decisions. Does Tom P. still feel he owes some hope to the fans? Does he bring it all back and hope for better health? Or does he tell Zoll to start the demolition process, which would mean selling low on Lopez and Ryan. And do you even keep Zoll? Is it time for a new executive - one with a fresh vision for building a winner? But would a new person know enough about available free agents and/or trade targets to hit the ground running when the frenetic, post labor dispute transaction period finally begins? The Twins could have been emerging from the 2026 season with an excellent grasp of their entire system and likely excellent draft position for '27. Instead, they're almost forced to be pretend contenders again - crossing their fingers once more for healthy seasons from an injury-prone roster - when and if next season gets underway. I don't think it will happen, but if they were somehow in for a penny this year, they ought to be in for a pound come Spring.
- 52 replies
-
- game recap
- bailey ober
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
All good thoughts, but if they're not rebuilding, I wouldn't trade Ryan over the offseason. His value is going to very low, and the Twins really only need high-end prospects. And I would absolutely not re-sign Lopez. This is his second major surgery. He will not be durable for more than a year or two. If that. You have to hope Ryan and Lopez return to form and spearhead your rotation in 2027. There's probably only a 15% chance that they do, but there's also the chance that they pick up steam and can be dealt at the deadline.
- 30 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- kaelen culpepper
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
Honestly, I'm gonna miss Ryan Jeffers. He's a special ballplayer. I doubt the Twins will put up a real fight for him, but they should at least extend the qualifying offer. Culpepper is impressive. Bradley was resilient. Keaschall has grit. Hoffman should be pitching for a playoff team. If you gave this team a top-tier starter and a slugging 1B in free agency, you might have something. If you don't, it's just going to be a lot of good-to-decent little pieces without much chance of putting it all together.
- 30 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- kaelen culpepper
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
Fellow Twins Fans, I'm Begging You ... Make Tom Pohlad Earn It
LastOnePicked commented on LastOnePicked's blog entry in Blog LastOnePicked
Okay, I gotta ask: how is the house cleaned? What has changed? If you mean Falvey's departure, it certainly seems like he quit. Tom was ready to start the season, but then Falvey likely asked about the payroll direction because he rightfully realized that they either needed to spend some money OR they needed to recoup future value. When Tom told him to do neither, Falvey probably figured he'd seen enough here. Why drown on sinking ship when you're not the captain? And I didn't love having Falvey here, but I don't blame him if that's why he left. Standing pat last offseason and not finishing the rebuild was the worst of all possible choices. -
Fellow Twins Fans, I'm Begging You ... Make Tom Pohlad Earn It
LastOnePicked commented on LastOnePicked's blog entry in Blog LastOnePicked
Hey, if you're getting the baseball you want, that's great. It's not like I'm calling for boycotts. By all means, go and enjoy. Personally, I'm not. I love baseball and I like going to baseball games, too. I'd so much rather spend time in Miesville watching town ball than give money to an inept MLB owner who doesn't care about the team or about winning. Trust me, I'm not hurting anyone with my choices, and certainly not any Pohlads. Those folks are doing just fine without my money. -
Fellow Twins Fans, I'm Begging You ... Make Tom Pohlad Earn It
LastOnePicked commented on LastOnePicked's blog entry in Blog LastOnePicked
Precisely. These folks were brought on to erase Pohlad debt, not to impact the team in any way moving forward. I doubt any of the "partners" could even tell you the Twins' W-L record at this point. They're all just hoping for a payout after the CBA is settled. -
Fellow Twins Fans, I'm Begging You ... Make Tom Pohlad Earn It
LastOnePicked commented on LastOnePicked's blog entry in Blog LastOnePicked
The Twins "going for it" in 2026 would be equivalent to the Vikings deciding to try for every 4th-and-long conversion on their own 20 yard line. If you're not in a position to be aggressive, you can hand your opponents plenty of opportunities.

