Fat Calvin
Verified Member-
Posts
172 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by Fat Calvin
-
I grew up in Connecticut as a Mets fan listening to Lindsey Nelson and Ralph Kiner. Both those guys were great. I moved to Minnesota for college in 1977, and I didn't become a true Twins fan until Hrbek's full rookie year in 1982. For the following 24 years, I really enjoyed listening to Herb's play by play. He was as good or better than the Mets announcers I grew up with. I also liked Dick Bremer. But to me, Carneal was the best!
- 35 replies
-
- cory provus
- kris atteberry
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Why is everyone saying "trade Lee." Just a year ago, everyone was jumping up and down screaming for joy at our luck in landing the guy. He had a good year in the minors, and now everyone says trade him.
- 71 replies
-
- edouard julien
- matt wallner
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
When "those spinning balls in the air" come down, Kep would catch more of them than any other outfielder we currently have. We need Kepler this year. If we deal him, our outfield is woefully thin. The prospect of getting nothing for him if we decide to hold onto him this year doesn't hold water for me. We've got plenty out of Max for the last four or five years at a very reasonable price. He's coming off a great second half. We need him now. We should keep him. Polanco, on the other hand, we could trade. He's got two years left on his team friendly contract. We're loaded in the infield, especially 2nd base. We should be able to land a nice player in a trade for Polanco.
-
Twins and Tigers Interested in Kenta Maeda
Fat Calvin replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
I like Maeda. I like his veteran presence and his veteran finesse. I think he'd be a perfect fit for this club on a two-year deal. -
I see you take issue with the word, "uncertainty." It wasn't my first choice. I first went with: "With our center field situation," But I thought "situation" was too vague. So, I went with "uncertainty." How about "precarious," or "unstable?" What ever word is used, the truth of the matter is, in this case, it would behoove the Twins to protect a promising center fielder like Keirsey in the high likelihood of another Buxton injury. (I hope you like the word: "behoove.")
-
The Clock Has Struck Midnight for Trevor Larnach
Fat Calvin replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I don't think we could get much for Larnarch. And I really liked what I saw in his second half surge in St. Paul. I think we should hold onto him. He's never really gotten an extended chance to prove himself. If we let him go for peanuts, I think we'd regret it.- 52 replies
-
- trevor larnach
- max kepler
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
The Best Free Agent You've Never Heard Of
Fat Calvin replied to Adam Friedman's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I was just talking with one of my students--I teach English in Japan. He's a big baseball fan. He told me that, contractually, Yamamoto is not cleared by his current team to play in the MLB next season. I don't know if he's right or not, but he's a smart guy, so I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. -
One other possible incentive to sign a one-year deal is that this year's free agents are loaded with pitchers and lacking in hitters. Gray could take a 20 million dollar one-year deal now, and if he does well (a big if) he can cash in next year in a weaker pitcher's market. It's a thought, probably not even worth posting--I don't know if I even buy it; but, what the hell.
-
I don't want a woman. I don't want a man. I don't want a person of color; I don't want a person of no color. I don't want a member of the LGBTQ group; I don't want a heterosexual; I don't want a Jew; I don't want a Palestinian; I don't want a vegan; I don't want a carnivore. What I want is somebody with a good radio voice who knows baseball and has a sense of humor. Equal opportunity, baby!!!
-
I live in Japan, and from what I can tell, Maeda doesn't have much of a following. It's all about Otani. He dominates everything in this country. All other Japanese major leaguers get overshadowed by the great Otani. And Maeda doesn't even come up at all in conversation. And I talk a lot of baseball with a lot of Japanese people.
-
An Offseason To-Do List for the Minnesota Twins
Fat Calvin replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I totally agree with you about resigning Kenta. I'd give him up to a two-year deal; nothing more. He's a crafty one.- 76 replies
-
- sonny gray
- max kepler
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Me too. I couldn't watch the games either because I'm also in Japan. Where are you, Aerodeliria? I live just outside of Nagoya.
- 96 replies
-
- pablo lopez
- carlos correa
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Three Keys for the Twins to Slay the Astros
Fat Calvin replied to Adam Friedman's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Polanco at 2nd, Lewis at 3rd and Julian dhing. Can a hamstring heal in two days? -
I think there are going to be 4 starting pitchers in the next round (if it goes past 3 games). My guess and hope is Ober, Lopez, Gray, Ryan and back to Lopez in that order.
- 109 replies
-
- sonny gray
- jhoan duran
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
This is the best post of the day (and the first to boot!) I've been a Rocco critic since the day he got here. My main gripe was his seemingly complete lack of fire. And like you, I saw it too: the fire in his eyes. First time I ever saw it. I was happily shocked!
- 109 replies
-
- sonny gray
- jhoan duran
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Check out The Toronto Sun News. There are a lot of posts from Blue Jay fans with "Lost Minds!"
- 109 replies
-
- sonny gray
- jhoan duran
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
It was on TV here in Japan? Regular TV? How about tomorrow?
- 114 replies
-
- royce lewis
- jhoan duran
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
For the playoffs, I hope we keep Larnach over Buxton!!!
- 30 replies
-
- chris paddack
- matt wallner
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Washington is pitching a rookie with a 6.00 era and a career total of 15 major league innings. If memory serves, the Bomba Squad hit 3 home run on the last day of the season to pull ahead of the Yankees by one. If Atlanta catches or passes the Twins, Eddie Rosario will have been on both teams. And if they do pass us, I hope Eddie is the guy to do it.
- 30 replies
-
- chris paddack
- matt wallner
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
"That stadium?" that's what they're trying to sell us. I'm not buying it. If I were Rocco, I'd be seriously considering starting Maeda or Ober in the 3rd game.
- 30 replies
-
- joe ryan
- ryan jeffers
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I like Larnach. He was scorching the ball in St. Paul through most of August and September. Since The Twins brought him up, he's cooled off a bit. He also hasn't played that much. But I think he's a far more dangerous hitter than Stevenson. I'd start Larnach in the next few games. If he's hitting, I'd include him on the playoff roster. If he's not, I'd go with Stevenson.
- 29 replies
-
- max kepler
- matt wallner
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thanks for the post. Now I'll have something new to check on in the next week: Atlanta's home run total. I'm hoping they'll tie the Yanks for second at 306. As for Donaldson, I'm pulling for him. I always liked the guy. It'd be cool to see him tearing it up in the playoffs--even if it's for the Brewers.
- 10 replies
-
- joe ryan
- matt wallner
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:

