-
Posts
1,959 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by LastOnePicked
-
You should also know that this is a good article as well, and we appreciate it. Personally, I'd love to read an article about how Cleveland and Chicago got to the playoffs. What were the key trades, key signings and key draft picks that made the difference?
- 54 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- royce lewis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
How, though? The only way that was going to happen was getting high-end returns from Lopez, Ryan, Buxton and Jeffers. You're right - that ship is long gone. There's really not much to the organization after this wave of new "core" players - and the pitching pipeline is nonexistent. If they're somehow going to win in 2028, pretty much every prospect needs to stay healthy and produce and they're going to have to strike gold on nearly every free agent signing. They've given themselves no margin for error or bad luck. And it's possible that Chicago is just about ready to turn the corner for a long while to come.
- 54 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- royce lewis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Really good thoughts. My preference is that they pick a lane. If you're gonna be bad, be bad. Get rid of your trade chip veterans. Play your rookies constantly. Take your lumps and your better draft picks and move on. OR, dive deep into free agency. Supplement the roster with real investment. Lopez and Ryan won't be here after next year, and there's not much in terms of pitching here after they leave. Take your shot now. Otherwise, why would they have kept everyone. Any "half-measure" approach that tries to do both will certainly end in failure, just as it did this year.
- 54 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- royce lewis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Another one of my favorite Twins. If this is it, I can only tip my cap to him. I remember watching him pitch 7-8 dominant innings in a 1-0 game back in 2022 and I thought, if this is the pitching pipeline, the Twins might be okay. It wasn't, and the Twins weren't. But Ober was a bright spot. If he wants to be here and if they bring him back, I won't complain.
- 15 replies
-
- bailey ober
- joe ryan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm seeing this argument a lot. I think people are forgetting that a playoff run can be derailed by a bad April. You want banked wins to build on, not an early hole to dig out of. And if the Twins are struggling, Buxton might feel additional pressure to push himself in his return. He would have missed Spring Training, and re-injury could be even more likely. This only works if a work stoppage lasts about as long as his recovery. Maybe the Twins just assumed that the season will start in June or July.
-
If I remember right, they went from just over 77 expected wins to just a hair over 76. Pablo was not expected to be that much of a difference maker, especially since he had been injured for a large part of 2025 as well. The Twins organization will be thrilled that fan expectations were so low, though. That will give the illusion that this team is on the upswing. And hey, they might be. But right now, they're still in the bottom third of MLB teams and out of the playoffs. Exactly where they've been for far too long.
- 35 replies
-
- game recap
- walker jenkins
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I don't think this is an unpopular take, or even a bad one. Clearly, he was/is one of the better MLB catchers. I'm just trying to imagine I'm a GM. Am I getting the kinds of production that signal a market-competitive extension for Jeffers is wise? You'd need to offer him four years. What kind of player do you have in year three? I buy the slow recovery argument - I don't buy the idea that hearing his name bandied about in trades had any impact on his play whatsoever. That holds no water for me. Even if it was true, I don't want players whose on-field play is so easily put off by baseball dealings they can't control.
-
Fair enough. I wish that had happened. As down as I am about this team, if they had given any attention whatsoever to the bullpen in the offseason, those six wins might already be banked and we doubters would have a little egg on our faces. Oh well.
- 35 replies
-
- game recap
- walker jenkins
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Depends on whose expectations. They need to sweep the Rangers to even meet their preseason expectations from Fangraphs. But they did nail the over on the Vegas odds, so I guess they can stick that little feather in their caps.
- 35 replies
-
- game recap
- walker jenkins
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm basing it off reality, sadly: He also doesn't seem to be able to throw out base-stealers anymore. I'm not sure 29 is the prime of a catcher's career. It could be, but that position carries more wear and tear than any on the diamond. I hope he gets a wonderful payday - he's been a great catcher and one of my favorite Twins. I just don't see the value in keeping a player just because he's a good guy and we like him.
-
These are all good questions. I guess I've heard so much about what a great leader Buck is in the clubhouse that I assume that if Twins club reps had come to him and explained that the sooner they can get a diagnosis and a surgery done, the sooner Buck can get back to the team and contribute, Buck certainly would've agreed. Instead, they kinda indulged his worst instincts and even allowed him to entertain the idea of coming back this season. They put him in a game where he couldn't pick up a ground ball - that could have been a decisive loss. They essentially played shorthanded with him on the active roster during a potential WC run. Again, this is not a serious baseball organization. They seem to have no foresight, no leadership and no ability to avoid common pitfalls.
-
No need to ruminate. They were that far off. This is not a good baseball team. Don't let two squeaker wins against a worse baseball team distort 2+ months of futility.
- 35 replies
-
- game recap
- walker jenkins
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Honesty does matter. I would have begrudgingly appreciated even a statement like this: "We probably should rebuild this whole team, but I am terrified of what that will do to our remaining season ticket holder base and I'd hate to see even more bad press about a Pohlad in the papers. So we're just going to run out what we've got. Maybe we'll get lucky, who knows? I don't really know anything about baseball yet. I guess we'll see what happens and go from there. What's the worst that can happen? Seriously, I don't know anything about this team - what is the worst that can happen?"
-
The funny thing is that I'd certainly support a losing team ... IF I could see that there was a clear plan. If Tom Pohlad had come out and said something as simple as, "Hey, this is really tough. We all know what Buck, Pablo, Joe and Ryan have meant to this team. We just had to come to the realization that we don't yet have the system that will get us to where we need to go. We have to take every possible opportunity to improve. If you can stick with us as we build a new championship core here, this organization would be grateful. If you can't, then we look forward to winning you back with a title run in the near future." That simple. Good trades. Smart assessments of future core. A few years of rookies getting acclimated. I'd have been all over that.
-
Fellow Twins Fans, I'm Begging You ... Make Tom Pohlad Earn It
LastOnePicked commented on LastOnePicked's blog entry in Blog LastOnePicked
I get this, I really do. I'd just rather do it watching Town Ball for a fraction of the cost. For me, MLB should be for elite talent and the pursuit of a title. I have zero interest in watching middling, nibbling overpriced baseball and putting money in a clueless billionaire's wallet at the same time. Even if they had a few bad seasons with rookies, if the team made smart trades and actually had a clear plan to win in '28 or '29, I'd be in. For this garbage? I'm not in. -
I think the reverse is more true. We tend to think our young hurlers are better than they really are. Abel is a major health question mark. Matthews is wildly inconsistent. Prielipp is developing but is still a #4 starter. Other team's rotations stack up just fine. This team's starting pitching was a major weakness in 2026. All that we know is being added next year is a veteran coming off of a second major arm surgery.
- 48 replies
-
- marek houston
- vahn lackey
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
If your organization isn't smart enough to recognize threats, costs, investments and opportunities, it doesn't matter if you spend $75M or $250M next year. The cart is the payroll, and the horse is the brain trust. I think the Twins probably do have to make big splashes in free agency in order to try and win next year, but ultimately I don't think it will matter. Whatever happens, Pohlad needs to find a new executive team as soon as possible. Then hear their plan. Then set payroll.

