Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

LastOnePicked

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,959
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    10

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by LastOnePicked

  1. He does have a nice smile. What's their policy on face paint?
  2. I wonder where Royce will land after this season?
  3. Okay, now it's pretty clear which team has 94 losses.
  4. So concerned about the prospect of a work stoppage in 2027, the Twins have committed themselves to extra innings baseball for the rest of the season. Very kind of them.
  5. Yeah, what's he got to do to get a night off? Say he's gonna re-sign here next year?
  6. This may be the fastest west coast night game in all my time as a Twins fan.
  7. Really wish we'd have a few more games with George Lombard Jr. as the opponent's SS.
  8. Now I know you're joking around. The idea that Tom Pohlad has ever cleaned a bathroom anywhere is beyond ridiculous. Beyond that, I think I missed your point, Bean. What was it?
  9. When the hitting shuts off for this team, I mean, it shuts off. It's like a spigot.
  10. So far, it's hard to tell which team actually has 94 losses.
  11. The worst thing that ever happened to him was the hamstring injury. I have no problem with ego. It just has to be backed up by performance.
  12. Tom Pohlad has painted this team into a corner. By keeping Ryan and Lopez past their expiration dates for maximum trade return, the only real value they have left is as solid starters for a contending ballclub. The trouble is that neither Ryan nor Lopez are aces at this point. Neither is Bradley. Abel, Matthews and Kremer are question marks, and the others on the staff are even bigger question marks. Hey, it all might click - I can't read the future. If it does, the folks here who are eating crow about wanting to "go for it" in 2026 are going to be serving the same dish to us in late 2027. I'd happily eat it, feathers and all. But if it doesn't, it sets the team up for a repeated worse case scenario: clearly not good enough to win, but not bad enough to trigger the kinds of deadline trades and draft positions that can help a system add elite future players. The next thing you know, you're the new Anaheim Angels.
  13. Considering that the Twins typically fall apart after 100 games, this could be a good thing.
  14. There's wisdom here, and a good attitude and I really honor it. But there will come a time when he comes back from a surgery and he's no longer very damn good. And that time might be soon. Buxton's desire to play this summer while less-than-healthy hurt the team. They have to find a way to not let that happen if this squad somehow gets on a roll next season.
  15. I wouldn't go with What at first. Who's a better choice.
  16. The way the last six weeks have gone for the Twins, they could've just turned the show into all interviews and interrupt them occasionally with the score or a rookie at-bat.
  17. Essentially, they've gotten next-to-nothing from this entire five-year wave of prized OF prospects: Rooker, Wallner, Larnach, Martin and Kirilloff. You can add in Lewis, though I never thought he should have been in the OF. Almost no production. Virtually no trade value. Each have their reasons, but the outcome is the same. A team like the Twins absolutely has to turn a good share of highly-touted prospects into productive big-leaguers. I hope Tom Pohlad is at least curious about why there's so little return on investment here, I don't think Jenkins will be a bust, but I don't blame fans for fearing the worst.
  18. Yes, but this has to be an ongoing thing. I think the Twins pulled back on being innovative, and the cracks are now starting to show.
×
×
  • Create New...