Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

LastOnePicked

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,959
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    10

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by LastOnePicked

  1. I see today is "Here's Some Salt for Your Wounds" Day at TD. Kidding. It's certainly worth exploring. I mean, the Twins of the early 2000's were a David Ortiz away from a championship run. It could be that the Twins on the mid 2020's might be a Louis Varland away from the playoffs. All the more reason why the 2026 Twins desperately needed to pick a lane. Anyone who thinks that last year's deadline was just shedding a few expiring free agent contracts is conveniently forgetting these trades. Everything pointed to an organizational rebuild, until Tom Pohlad's arrival and coronation. That half-measure perhaps didn't hurt the team that much this year. In fact, keeping Jeffers, Buxton and Ryan may have gained them 2-3 more wins than they would have had. But the real pain from this decision will be felt in the years ahead, when they'll need additional young contributors or high-end trade chips, and they just won't be in the cupboard.
  2. Mr. Pohlad, I realize how badly all these ungrateful working class slobs have hurt you, but certainly you can afford some good therapy. Or at least some fine Scotch. I hate to see you like this.
  3. Man, I wish I could think like this. The Twins don't deserve you, Peter. I think this was the worst season in recent memory. Certainly there were seasons in the 90s and 2010s that were worse, but I can't get over the future opportunities that were lost. The Twins simply could not pick a plan and see it through. As a result, they're still a middling mix of promising rookies, fading veterans and fizzling post-hype prospects. Some good moments, yes. But every big win was followed by losses. Every step forward was met with a bigger setback. There's no benefit in MLB to being a middling team. You're either keeping a contention window open or you're taking your lumps. The Twins came into 2026 betting heavily on the health and success of Lopez, Buxton and Ryan. They're going to go into 2027 with the exact same bet, and the chances of having them all stay healthy and performing at their highest level have literally never been smaller.
  4. Any chance Keaschall can be a starting OF and the team's hitting coach next year?
  5. Pfft. Then I guess they better never shower. I'm kidding. Few fans in baseball better understand the need for a player not to slip and tear soft tissue that Twins fans.
  6. Sorry - just meant using the Vikings stadium when it's not in use.
  7. That's not a crazy idea. I kind of think the Twins should have a standing agreement for April/Sept/Oct field swaps with US Bank Stadium.
  8. It's drizzle. C'mon, are these players made out of spun sugar or something? Get out there and play! Oh no. I've become my old man.
  9. To be fair, we don't know how big of a loss Lopez was either. He only pitched 75 innings in 2025. I think the people who expect him to return as the staff ace next year are in for some disappointment.
  10. The Twins have to start pushing for higher and higher upside. Ober is one of my favorite Twins of this era, but I think it's probably time to move on.
  11. Keaschall has a magic bat. Speaking of bats, what happened to the torpedo bat craze?
  12. I wish I knew. I've heard good things, but I'm in the northern suburbs closer to Donatelli's.
  13. After the first, if you had told me it would be 10-2 in the 6th, it would not have surprised me one bit. But if you told me that it was the Twins with the 10, that would've shocked me.
  14. I went away for a half hour to watch a show with my kid. What spell did you all conjure up?
  15. Always useful for an MLB team on a tight budget.
  16. I think I was right about trading Joe Ryan last offseason. But now I wonder if the folks who want to trade him this offseason for whatever they can get for him are right,
  17. If they're making bigger changes, shouldn't Tom Pohlad be hiring a consulting firm to help him make these decisions? I mean, he certainly doesn't know enough about baseball yet. I'll actually be curious to see if he offers any thoughts about what he's learned this season and who he's been talking to.
  18. This alternate universe where the Twins are competent ... is it the room with you right now? That sounds like a better timeline, yes. So long as you're dabbling, see if you can somehow shift us all over there.
  19. Without question, doubt or reservation: no. And they didn't think they were playing meaningful games either, because they kept a third catcher on the 26-man roster and they had no intention of ever putting him into a game. No team on the cusp, making a serious playoff push, would ever just waste a roster spot and play short-handed. In close games. That extra bench spot can make a big difference, especially down the stretch. And then they just DFA'd that player for a second time once they were knocked out of contention. Not a serious baseball team. Not in any way.
×
×
  • Create New...