-
Posts
1,959 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by LastOnePicked
-
Week in Review: Bucking Into The Break
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Neat. I also saw then have the worst start in franchise history, coupled with a truly dreadful June. This team is missing a few key ingredients. They don't have it on the farm, they won't trade for it and they won't pay for it in the offseason. They're a sub-.500 team, even with that lovely 13 game win streak. It's probably time to look ahead to a better future. I'd much rather see them win now, but I've seen enough recent autumn collapses to sober me up.- 43 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: Bucking Into The Break
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I'm confused. Was cutting (not adding, mind you) payroll after 2023 a defendable position, right after the first taste of playoff success in a generation? No, it wasn't. And it clearly had an impact on that following season. It's fine to defend ownership, and no one here on TD expects the Twins to spend Mets money. But there's no question in my mind that some additional support in 2024 would have made a difference, and some additional payroll flexibility with regard to trades this year could also make a difference. But this organization has no killer instinct, and ownership would much rather bail out and take the money than hoist a trophy. I don't see how that's remotely debatable at this point.- 43 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: Bucking Into The Break
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
That's not negative. Pessimistic maybe, but that's an understandable response to MN sports in general. The fact is that they're still not a .500 team. They have zero chance to win the division and an awful lot of competition ahead of them for a WC spot. All things considered, selling is the reasonable choice. It's sad, though, because with even a decent ownership group, a modest payroll push last year likely would have led to a playoff berth, and a willingness to add some salary through trades could maybe lead to one this year. But as Bonnes and Gleeman noted recently, penny wise and pound foolish is the Twins' organizational slogan.- 43 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins 2, Pirates 1: Minnesota Conquers Paul Skenes
LastOnePicked replied to Matt Braun's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I'm not a big fan of the front office, but I concede that they have a very difficult choice ahead. I really, really would like an organizational rebuild. I want to see this organization change and become more aggressive, athletic and fundamentally sound. BUT ... I want this team to WIN and to electrify the state in September and October. I'm 90% sure that's not possible this year with this squad, but that 10% chance almost seems worth it. Almost.- 36 replies
-
- trevor larnach
- joe ryan
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
Is Sabato still a possibility? I still have a little hope he might make an MLB debut this year.
- 47 replies
-
- emmanuel rodriguez
- marco raya
- (and 3 more)
-
Twins Trade Deadline Targets
LastOnePicked replied to RandBalls Stu's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
In the running for Stu's post of the year. We'll see what the second half brings. -
Agreed. This is a 90-loss team that has occasional flashes of being something better. Those flashes fade as soon as any pressure is applied. It's a sloppy team, an injury-prone team and a team without leadership or spark. Clean house and start the long climb back to relevance.
- 105 replies
-
- matt wallner
- trevor larnach
- (and 4 more)
-
I hear you, but I think we need a championship run more than we need one nice thing. There isn't enough of a team here to surround him with. Plus, if he drops a bit in velocity it'll be the Ober situation all over again. It's time for the Twins to actually sell high on some players.
- 47 replies
-
- bailey ober
- kody funderburk
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Inaction Has Become the Twins' Identity
LastOnePicked replied to Matthew Taylor's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
If they're spending more money than their competition and they're failing to win divisions and playoff games, then the answer becomes fairly clear. Results are a the best yardstick. -
I don't think the Twins organization is even vaguely aware of the idea of "fans" at this point. We simply don't factor into the equation. No organization who cared about their fans would subject them to low quality output with no recourse or accountability.
- 49 replies
-
- rocco baldelli
- carlos correa
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Trade who you can. Fire Rocco. Send the signal that a full cleaning of the slate is underway. This isn't major league quality baseball at this point.
- 61 replies
-
- david festa
- byron buxton
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hard to know what to say at this point. Whatever momentum they had built is long gone. If the clubhouse sinks that deeply from the loss of their ace, then they probably didn't have much to propel them in September or October. I want them to win, sure. But I'll take a total rebuild of the organization as a consolation.
-
Brewers 17, Twins 6: Evisceration
LastOnePicked replied to Matt Braun's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
This whole post was just perfectly stated. It's sad to see the Twins continue to lag in development, coaching and execution, with no meaningful changes to their approach.- 51 replies
-
- matt wallner
- joe ryan
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I mean, the win streak was real. Each win is as real as each loss. There are some plusses on this team, but they collapses are just confusing. Either they're pretty easily scouted and their weaknesses can be exploited, or they just can't sustain any real momentum. When the pressure's off, they seem to be fine. When the spotlight gets put back on them, they fold.
-
Might want to get that checked. That's a symptom of Twins fever. I might be coming down with it, too.
- 47 replies
-
- pablo lopez
- kody clemens
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm not quite following the argument. Orioles have won 275 games over the last three years. The Twins have won 247 and played in a much weaker division over that span (but it is heating up now, yes). Both teams have won three playoff games in that same span. We're only a quarter of the way into 2025 - we'll have to see where things end up this year and perhaps the next few years. The story of this comparison might be that a total rebuild (like the Os) - if done correctly - helps you rebound more quickly after a bad year. Or it might be that it's far better just to steer towards .500 each year (like the Twins) and see where you can get from there. Or, if the Orioles rebound in 2025, the real lesson might be that it's wise to fire an underperforming manager as soon as you sense stalled momentum. But I wouldn't draw too much of a conclusion from any of this yet.
-
When I was a kid in St. Paul, if you ordered a dozen cookies at a local bakery, you'd get a few extra in the bag. Too much to hope that this also happens in Milwaukee?
- 34 replies
-
- ryan fitzgerald
- joe ryan
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I am almost ready to touch grass about Baldelli. Almost. Maybe.
- 81 replies
-
- dashawn keirsey jr
- byron buxton
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:

