-
Posts
1,959 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by LastOnePicked
-
I'm gonna pretend this is a Wild Card postseason series and the Twins just won Game 1 decisively. DO NOT interrupt my delusion with your REALITY.
- 29 replies
-
- austin martin
- simeon woods richardson
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
The question isn't why Rocco should go. The question at this point is why should he be allowed to stay. What suggests that he's the voice you want in the dugout as you're welcoming a new wave of prospects getting ready to play winning baseball at the big-league level? New manager needed. Immediately.
- 30 replies
-
- rocco baldelli
- james rowson
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Gleeman and Bonnes were reviewing the fan survey from The Athletic the other day, and nearly half of the respondents gave Baldelli a "C." And "B" was the runner-up grade. This is a year after an historic late-season collapse, followed by a season of abject misery from this club, on the field and in their interview comments. This team was predicted by multiple sources to win the AL Central. They have underperformed in nearly every single facet of the game. They look like the most listless, rudderless and punchless bunch you will ever see play Major League Baseball. A "C." I just cannot understand it. At least the TD poll seems to offer a slightly more realistic picture.
- 52 replies
-
- rocco baldelli
- derek falvey
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I really respect you, and you're one of my favorite TD posters to read ... but I just cannot for the life of me understand how Baldelli continues to get such a pass from the fans here. He's been given the top payroll in the AL Central, a farm system that's often been in the top ten, he's been gifted rosters that have routinely been picked by preseason pundits and WAR-calculators to win the AL Central. And what does he have to show for it? Two postseason wins against a very weak Blue Jays team. Otherwise, a legacy of let downs and epic collapses. The Twins under Baldelli continually falter, flounder and fold under pressure. Team culture under his "leadership" is probably the worst I've ever seen. I just do not and cannot understand why people aren't screaming for his immediate removal as manager. Is it that he's a nice guy? Is it that management and ownership are so dreadful that he almost looks competent by comparison? I just don't get it. He is not a good MLB manager. We have more than enough evidence to make this judgement by now.
- 80 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Doc, that's just not enough, is it? That wouldn't get anybody I know to buy Twins season tickets. One of the worst rotations in baseball, an oft-injured CF, and a handful of magic bean prospects? No thank you. There's nothing to market because this is a nothing team. I don't fault ownership for realizing that - I fault ownership for not understanding how they created this nothing team. They stuck with a weak manager, their player development is far below average and they don't draft or trade particularly well. This is a total system failure unlike the two previous total system failures. This one is going to take 3-5 years to dig out from, at least.
- 80 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
With these comments, Buxton is on a collision course with himself. He's recently boasted about his no-trade clause and being a Twin for life. Now he's talking about prioritizing winning and that he won't tolerate a lost season. Was he not paying attention since the "right-sizing" movement began two years ago? Buck, this isn't a winning organization. If you want out, you better tell Falvey right now. Because this is a 100 loss team in 2026, with or without you.
- 80 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm not sure if they're the least relevant, but I can say this: they are a nothing organization right now. There's absolutely nothing to them. They have no identity. They don't excel at anything. Fan energy is anemic. I've loved baseball all my life, but even friends and family members who used to love the Twins never - and I mean never - talk about them when we get together these days, That's what happens when you don't win. When winning is not a priority, and when excellence - or even competence - isn't expected from ownership, then team culture rots. Instead of setting your unwavering sights on a World Series, you end up with meaningless corporate-speak mission statements and comments about "right-sizing" the business. This is a nothing organization. It's why too many prospects falter. It's why coaches stay too long while superstars try to shorten their stay. The Twins problem is that they lose, yes, but the bigger problem is that they're losers. They have no killer instinct, no fight and no feel for the game. Until the culture changes, nothing will change for this team in terms of relevance.
-
Good choice. I would also rather look at toilet seats than watch this team right now.
- 61 replies
-
- luke keaschall
- taj bradley
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
He's just not a very good MLB manager. That's been clear for years now. The question is, what's wrong with the FO that they keep putting him at the helm?
- 61 replies
-
- royce lewis
- trevor larnach
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
To be clear, I like Royce Lewis, too. I hope he finds his groove again, and that he becomes a perennial all-star. But he's a good example of a can't-miss guy (remember, he was astoundingly good in his first 100 games) who can quickly become a guy on the cusp of being a bust. It seems better to draft well, trade well, develop well and keep the few players who prove themselves over their first two years. But all of this is premature. I don't know why any player would sign an extension here if there's no clear plan to become a winner.
-
I like the optimism, but if that were the case, I can't figure out why they would have kept him for the remainder of this season. Better to make the change after the fire sale and see what you've got internally for a few months. I'm betting Rocco stays. It's sad, but I don't think Falvey would fire him, and I don't think Joe Pohlad knows enough about the team to pressure Falvey into making the change. Plus, cost savings probably matter most to this ownership group at this point.
- 131 replies
-
- derek falvey
- jeremy zoll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
We'll see how offseason trades go. I fear he's next year's primary catcher.
- 131 replies
-
- derek falvey
- jeremy zoll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Mickey Gasper just gave you a 9th-inning homerun. What more could you want!? Jeez, the Pohlads are right, Twins fans do expect too much. Hope is a 2028 thing. Until then, I just want to see a new manager and a new brand of baseball that is smarter, tougher and more aggressive.
- 131 replies
-
- derek falvey
- jeremy zoll
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Why? Is Pohlad already threatening to move the team there? Jokes aside, man, I would love to see the Twins play an actual MLB game there. Heck, I would love to see the Twins play an actual MLB game anywhere.
- 22 replies
-
- jhoan duran
- mick abel
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: From Bad to Worst
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Please no. This organization needs fresh faces and new ideas.- 108 replies
-
- taj bradley
- mick abel
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I was going to use the old "Jack and the magic beans" analogy, but at least the beans in that old tale actually grew into something. Not sure we'll have that luck with either Abel or Bradley.
- 59 replies
-
- taj bradley
- pierson ohl
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
They are pretty close, actually, They just need a few new additions: a new FO, a new manager and a new roster. Oh, and a new owner. Watch this team. I mean, actually watch this team. Not the farm system box scores. Not the best-case mental scenario of the guys who are left. Watch this actual team. They can't hit, they can't field and their pitching is spotty on even the best days, They are years from being competitive. Half a decade, at least.
- 102 replies
-
- taj bradley
- mick abel
- (and 4 more)
-
'That might start with a manager whose team can't start "playing loose" until the games no longer matter' This right here. Sure, there are a lot of contributing factors to the Twins failings, but I have noticed a trend over the years that when Rocco's Twins are under any added pressure - to start a season, to end a season, to win in Yankee Stadium, to win in October, to stop a spiral - they typically falter. That suggests a problem with preparation and readiness. And that suggests a problem with the lead voice in the dugout.
- 144 replies
-
- carlos correa
- rocco baldelli
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I have no delusions about influencing the Pohlads with my own personal boycott. It's simply a personal decision - giving money to the people who disrespect me sends them a clear message that they can continue to disrespect me. Everyone has to make their own choice. For me, it's my dignity and self-respect.
- 69 replies
-
- pohlad
- pohlad family
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: Reality Sets In
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Help me out. Remind me again who hired, retained and promoted Falvey? Come on. This doesn't hold water. The rot is in the system at this point, and it starts - and ends - with inept, disinterested ownership.- 47 replies
-
- joe pohlad
- alan roden
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:

