Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Bangkok Twins Fan said:

I hope the Twins are not planning on using Sabato next season. I don't see him as any sort of answer or improvement. 

You might be right, but why not try him out to know for sure? It’s not like the Twins are knocking on the door of the WS next year. Before using assets on 1B, make sure they’re not sitting on an improvement. 

Posted

Again this is a small market team that doesn't need to spend almost double a player's salary for poor offense. Time to move on from him wishing him well. He had his chances to get back to what he was in 23 and it is now 27 and hasn't gotten close. He has become the organization's new Sano,keep bringing him back thinking he will get it this year.

Posted
On 10/5/2026 at 8:46 AM, MackMan said:

Personally, I would say get rid of him. But that would only be thru a trade of some sort. Tender him the contract, go to arbitration and hope the mediator thinks the # we submit is the better option for him. Then we maybe work on an extension during spring training while we give him a shot as a platoon bat for 2nd base and 1st base. Of course this all banking that we sign a LH hitting 1st baseman. Now if he is able to change his approach and be a bit more selective at the plate, awesome.

The biggest thing I can see (eye test) when he is batting is that here is too much movement from his back leg, at least compared to other swings from players on the team.. To me, it looks as if he just isn't stable or doesn't trust that leg to bear his weight when swinging. Maybe another off-season of working with our hitting staff (of course this pending we don't have a lockout) could potentially unlock what we needed. As much as I would love a 30-35+ HR from Lewis, I just don't think that is realistic. I would settle with 25+HR's and average defense with him. 

how much longer to wait on Lewis? he is way past any more wait time. are we thinking a miracle might happen at this point in his career? I just don't think so but it's all a bit of a guess when it comes to baseball but still I don't think so. he has got his body in fantastic condition but it has not helped his hitting. Yes, I think it's time to look and see what another team might think he's worth before trading him. see what's out there. maybe a good reliever could come of it, but I'm not even sure that would happen.

Posted
8 hours ago, Bangkok Twins Fan said:

I hope the Twins are not planning on using Sabato next season. I don't see him as any sort of answer or improvement. 

Really?  Sabato is exactly the kind of narrow-minded drafting that Falvey used to bring us winners like Wallner, Keoni Cavaco, Larnach, and Kalai Rosario.  His drafts are littered with losers.  Guys who had one good tool that allowed Falvey to overlook all other flaws.  Most of the time it was a HR tool that enticed him.  But, he overlooked fatal flaws like slow, poor-fielding, strikeout prone, and makeup. 

I almost want to put Lewis in this category but I hesitate because I like him so much....,but he seems lost.  Might be poor coaching, poor conditioning, poor attitude, but he was a 5-tool player with 1-1 draft pedigree.  We just can't seem to unlock his skills so maybe he needs a change of scenery?  I know that Shelton had high hopes.  I though for sure the Twins would take Hunter Greene that draft....or at least MacKenzie Gore. 

Oh well....As I keep saying....it will take some years to clean up the mess that Falvey left behind.  And having Zoll in that chair, doing the same thing as Falvey (who taught him) did, we are only delaying the needed corrections .  

Posted
1 hour ago, JADBP said:

Really?  Sabato is exactly the kind of narrow-minded drafting that Falvey used to bring us winners like Wallner, Keoni Cavaco, Larnach, and Kalai Rosario.  His drafts are littered with losers.  Guys who had one good tool that allowed Falvey to overlook all other flaws.  Most of the time it was a HR tool that enticed him.  But, he overlooked fatal flaws like slow, poor-fielding, strikeout prone, and makeup. 

I almost want to put Lewis in this category but I hesitate because I like him so much....,but he seems lost.  Might be poor coaching, poor conditioning, poor attitude, but he was a 5-tool player with 1-1 draft pedigree.  We just can't seem to unlock his skills so maybe he needs a change of scenery?

Lewis had a total of 78 minor league games played above A+ before playing regularly in the Twins lineup. The bulk of his minor league stats (A+ and AA) produced a .242/.302/.380 slash line that looks a lot like the last 2 years with the Twins. To me this is who he is. It's the kind of stat line you expect from Ildemaro Vargas who you would have on your team as a utility player, at about half the cost of Lewis.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...