Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
8 minutes ago, nicksaviking said:

So the Saints gave Ryan Wright 8M guaranteed over two years because the Vikings couldn't afford to pay a guy who can coffin corner every punt he gets his foot on.

Meanwhile the Vikings are paying Jauan Jennings 8M for one year to catch 2 passes for 9 yards.

Penny Wise, pound foolish. I never liked that decision. 

Also, is Jennings alive?

Posted
2 hours ago, Mike Sixel said:

Penny Wise, pound foolish. I never liked that decision. 

Also, is Jennings alive?

He played 74 of 78 snaps and somehow only got targeted once. I have no idea what's going on, he's simply not getting thrown to - maybe he just can't get open anymore. His contract implies he was gonna get the ball - $1.75M of his incentives were considered "likely" which would require him to go about 50 catches 600 yards and 7 TDs, but he's nowhere close to achieving that, and yesterday we were without Jefferson!

Posted
2 hours ago, nicksaviking said:

So the Saints gave Ryan Wright 8M guaranteed over two years because the Vikings couldn't afford to pay a guy who can coffin corner every punt he gets his foot on.

Meanwhile the Vikings are paying Jauan Jennings 8M for one year to catch 2 passes for 9 yards.

I would have been okay with signing Wright, but the rookie Thorson was good the first two games but he pulled a hammy. Hekker has punted the past two games and was terrible against the Fins. Long-term they should be fine.

As I mentioned in the post above, Jennings actually counts for $9.5M cap hit because he has so-called "likely to reach" incentives. Seems like the Vikings will be getting some of that money back at this rate.

Posted
On 10/2/2026 at 7:31 PM, Vanimal46 said:

I have just listened to this stat. The J-E-T-S now have an NFL record 20 games in a row without an interception. A very poor indicator for a defensive minded HC. 

@Parfiglianoyour thoughts?

I thought they got one Sunday.

Posted

I don't get the dogging on Aaron Glenn.  I think, given the cesspool of talent there, that he's doing pretty damn well as a coach.  

Fun fact - at 1-3 they have a better point differential than the 3-1 Browns, 2-2 Patriots, 2-2 Steelers, 2-2 Broncos, 2-2 Eagles, and tied with the 2-2 Lions.  They hosted the Packers, at Detroit, and at Chicago along with a gimme home win against the Titans.

He's not doing a bad job.

Posted
29 minutes ago, TheLeviathan said:

I don't get the dogging on Aaron Glenn.  I think, given the cesspool of talent there, that he's doing pretty damn well as a coach.  

Fun fact - at 1-3 they have a better point differential than the 3-1 Browns, 2-2 Patriots, 2-2 Steelers, 2-2 Broncos, 2-2 Eagles, and tied with the 2-2 Lions.  They hosted the Packers, at Detroit, and at Chicago along with a gimme home win against the Titans.

He's not doing a bad job.

He made some questionable decisions late in that GBAY game that probably cost NYJ a win.

Posted
1 hour ago, Parfigliano said:

He made some questionable decisions late in that GBAY game that probably cost NYJ a win.

He might need better supports.  Either way, I don't see a disaster.

Posted
1 hour ago, TheLeviathan said:

He might need better supports.  Either way, I don't see a disaster.

It may not be a disaster, but is Aaron Glenn the HC you want when you have 3 1st round picks in 2027? Presumably in the mix to draft a QB?

Posted
18 hours ago, nicksaviking said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/drake-maye-is-skeptical-of-the-moon-landing

Drake Maye thinks the moon landing was fake. It stands to reason that somebody was going to follow in the footsteps of Aaron Rodgers, but I wasn't thinking it would be Maye.

 

I'm sure he did his own research.  And by that, I mean he certainly reviewed a wide breadth of primary source materials and peer-reviewed studies to reach a sound objective conclusion supported by facts that holds up to scrutiny.   There's no way he just surfed YouTube videos until he found something that told him what he wanted to hear. 

No one who "does their own research" would ever do that

Posted
1 hour ago, Vanimal46 said:

It may not be a disaster, but is Aaron Glenn the HC you want when you have 3 1st round picks in 2027? Presumably in the mix to draft a QB?

Maybe not, but he's not a disaster.  

It's hard for me to judge a coach too harshly when it's clear the team is in tank mode and he doesn't have comparable NFL talent.  So when I see that situation - much like with B-Flo in Miami - it's the sign of a good coach that he's overachieving in that environment.

Posted
2 hours ago, Vanimal46 said:

It may not be a disaster, but is Aaron Glenn the HC you want when you have 3 1st round picks in 2027? Presumably in the mix to draft a QB?

NO.  NO.  NO. PLEASE NO.

Posted
5 hours ago, The Great Hambino said:

There's no way he just surfed YouTube videos

That’s adorable you think anyone in their early 20s absorbs long form YouTube videos. He watched 5-10 short form TikTok videos and started digging his hole 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

That’s adorable you think anyone in their early 20s absorbs long form YouTube videos. He watched 5-10 short form TikTok videos and started digging his hole 

I went from "hey, eff you!!" to "dammit, you're absolutely right" during the course of this post

Posted
10 minutes ago, The Great Hambino said:

I went from "hey, eff you!!" to "dammit, you're absolutely right" during the course of this post

I don’t envy anyone with a late teenager to early 20s right now. The origin of the iPad kid. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...