Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
10 hours ago, Mike Sixel said:

Zero depth at this point. 

At least they did make the savvy move to sign Van Demark away from Buffalo and he should be alright filling in for Darrisaw for a week. Too bad Brandel isn't the swing guard and can play a more natural position at LG. Huber wasn't terrible... but yeah, now the backups are Tiernan (not close to ready and he played some blocking TE vs the Fins) and Keegan (claimed on waivers on cutdown day). 

10 hours ago, TheLeviathan said:

That's true, but that's a battle every team in the NFL faces.  See: Green Bay Packers.  

Yes, but they also went into the season with a flat-out bad starting OL. They needed to sign multiple veterans and instead waited until the first week of October to add them.

Posted
9 hours ago, Danchat said:

At least they did make the savvy move to sign Van Demark away from Buffalo and he should be alright filling in for Darrisaw for a week. Too bad Brandel isn't the swing guard and can play a more natural position at LG. Huber wasn't terrible... but yeah, now the backups are Tiernan (not close to ready and he played some blocking TE vs the Fins) and Keegan (claimed on waivers on cutdown day). 

Yes, but they also went into the season with a flat-out bad starting OL. They needed to sign multiple veterans and instead waited until the first week of October to add them.

For sure, but it's becoming a trend that your offensive line health is almost as important as your QB health.  

Posted
5 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Yep. My first thought when I saw the alert was...

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Maybe the Vikings trade Jennings back to San Francisco, who continue to have injured Wide Receivers?

Also, I wonder if Tai Felton will end up with more receptions or tackles in his career. Currently it's Tackles - 9 Receptions - 4.

Posted
43 minutes ago, nicksaviking said:

Maybe the Vikings trade Jennings back to San Francisco, who continue to have injured Wide Receivers?

Also, I wonder if Tai Felton will end up with more receptions or tackles in his career. Currently it's Tackles - 9 Receptions - 4.

Oh man, I didn't realize things were that bleak for Felton. I would not be surprised if Jennings wants out of here. We aren't even looking his direction on pass plays.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Oh man, I didn't realize things were that bleak for Felton. I would not be surprised if Jennings wants out of here. We aren't even looking his direction on pass plays.

Yeah, and did we ever find out what the 'personal issue' was that kept him out week two?

Posted
58 minutes ago, nicksaviking said:

Yeah, and did we ever find out what the 'personal issue' was that kept him out week two?

Ben Goessling tweeted it was a death of a close family member. Dang. Well that could be weighing heavily on his mind while he’s renting an apartment in MN away from his family. 

Posted
32 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Vikings probably should have been in on this trade candidate. Eagles are decimating their OL. Good luck Hurts. 

Sounds like Jurgens was getting quite a bit of blame for the poor play on the interior of the Eagles O-line. He'd been playing both LG and Center,

It will be interesting to see how it goes in Baltimore. At this point, I'm not sure why anyone would make a meaningful trade with Howie Roseman.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Vikings probably should have been in on this trade candidate. Eagles are decimating their OL. Good luck Hurts. 

Interesting - that's two prominent in-season trades that I can think of so far (Joey Porter Jr) where the highest-value pick being moved is for 2028, not 2027.   Two points don't make a trend, but could this be an indication that teams just aren't willing to move capital in what's supposed to be a stacked draft next year? 

I wonder if that will have any ramifications for teams looking to move up and down the draft board during next year's draft (read: you might be disappointed if your plans involve moving up).  Or maybe I just need to get back to work

Posted
2 hours ago, nicksaviking said:

Why did I get a notification that OBJ is signing with the Vikings? They don't even have targets for Jauan Jennings. Even when Jefferson is out.

It's just a practice squad signing, he probably doesn't end up doing anything (by the way, RB Devin Neal got axed from the PS, a reminder how flippant they are with PS spots). OBJ couldn't last on the Giants 53 man roster so I doubt he does anything for us. 

The film guys I follow are saying that Jennings simply can't separate anymore. And so much for Felton "becoming the next KJ Osborn", something I heard during training camp. Suddenly, the Vikings are out of depth at RB, WR, and OL. While the defense continues to fire on all cylinders.

43 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Vikings probably should have been in on this trade candidate. Eagles are decimating their OL. Good luck Hurts. 

Wow, big OL trades almost never happen mid-season. A 2nd and a 5th is not a cheap price so I get why the Vikings weren't in on that seeing how much capital they've already invested in their OL. Seems like the Eagles are punting on the season with yesterday's news that Lane Johnson is retiring out of nowhere.

Posted
1 minute ago, The Great Hambino said:

Interesting - that's two prominent in-season trades that I can think of so far (Joey Porter Jr) where the highest-value pick being moved is for 2028, not 2027.   Two points don't make a trend, but could this be an indication that teams just aren't willing to move capital in what's supposed to be a stacked draft next year? 

I wonder if that will have any ramifications for teams looking to move up and down the draft board during next year's draft (read: you might be disappointed if your plans involve moving up).  Or maybe I just need to get back to work

Absolutely, the 2027 class is supposed to be really deep at many positions. The Patriots also gave up a 2028 1st for AJ Brown instead of their 2027th. Might be like the 2024 class where 6 QBs going in the top 12 pushed a high number of really good prospects down into the later 1st round and plenty of great picks in the 2nd.

Posted

O'Neill and Jefferson are practicing.  Addison and Darrisaw are not.

We just signed the husk of OBJ after spending the 102nd pick on Tai Felton.

On the board at that time: Deone Walker (who might have led to a different pick in last year's 1st round), Cam Skattebo, Chimere Dike, Bhayshal Tuten, Woody Marks, and Billy Bowman.

Woof.

Posted
2 minutes ago, TheLeviathan said:

O'Neill and Jefferson are practicing.  Addison and Darrisaw are not.

We just signed the husk of OBJ after spending the 102nd pick on Tai Felton.

On the board at that time: Deone Walker (who might have led to a different pick in last year's 1st round), Cam Skattebo, Chimere Dike, Bhayshal Tuten, Woody Marks, and Billy Bowman.

Woof.

Another Kwesi masterpiece! 

Posted
Just now, Vanimal46 said:

Another Kwesi masterpiece! 

Yeah, at the time I was able to swallow my pride and accept the pick for what it was.  I had probably just given up hope that guys I actually liked would be picked.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...