Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

ToddlerHarmon

Verified Member
  • Posts

    489
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by ToddlerHarmon

  1. The perfect time to call this out. It can't be an accident that this many veteran acquisitions have deep postseason experience. It clearly is something the FO has shopped for. Another name not often mentioned is Tyler Clippard. He has also been through the wars and come out on top. I'm hoping Rocco has a more significant bullpen role in mind for him.
  2. I know I worry too much, but between this flat game and the fact that we weren't desperate for either the Bailey DFA or the Colina promotion.. Did something happen off the field we aren't hearing about?
  3. I'm ok with this, except I think you have to put both Pineda and Hill on the roster. If Hill is sharp, coming in as a lefty in long relief could blunt a rally nicely. Last hitter: for OBP, I'd say Wade. But to protect Arraez, it probably has to be Blankenhorn
  4. I have to think the rest of the way is: Tue: Maeda Wed: Hill Fri: Pineda (or Berrios, whoever you want in game 2) Sat: Berrios (or Pineda, whoever you want in game 3) Sun: Odorizzi, Dobnak, or Bailey (they have to audition a 5th for the playoffs) Right? Unless they bring Dobnak back on Tuesday?
  5. 133 MPH would be nice, but we don't need to inflate the lovely and actual 113 on Jeffers' blast, do we?
  6. I did notice that Buxton's day off coincided with a starting pitcher that Jake Cave has owned. As for Donaldson, I worry
  7. Is this the beginning of Wade's grooming into an eventual Marwin replacement? any history of him in the infield?
  8. I am dying to see a Buxton-led Twins squad in the playoffs.
  9. Jeffers seems to be earning the Margo treatment from Baldelli - he finds a way to play his glove as often as possible
  10. Is Brent Rooker looking like a better choice than Cave or Wade? Is the lack of James Rowson enough to explain the (almost) team-wide power outage? Too bad that the season is so short that one bad week looms so large.
  11. The various replacements show their benchworthiness more each game. We either need people back or need to make some bold promotions and hope.
  12. Any idea why Duffey didn't pitch the sixth? Was Rocco hoping he would be there for a save, or a later-inning emergency? Winning this game would have been a dagger to Cleveland. Still, I'm happy to see a nice outing from Hill.
  13. Assuming Pineda will be back in the rotation next week, we only need to fill one start. I'd rather that be Duran on a short leash than another bullpen game.
  14. In hoping that Berrios' struggles are a phantom, I wondered whether his bad August performances, now that we can include this one, are about jumpy fly balls and not fatigue. The BABIP numbers hint at that, but they don't explain the poor control and the anecdotal ground balls slipping through that you chronicled. So now I'm back to worrying
  15. Mickey Hatcher, Lew Ford, the aforementioned Bombo, jumped into my head as guys who (briefly) played way over their heads to the delight of fans
  16. Mickey Hatcher, Lew Ford, the aforementioned Bombo, jumped into my head as guys who (briefly) played way over their heads to the delight of fans
  17. 8,000 per game on average! How many games has Target Field had paid attendance that low? I'm guessing 0.
  18. It looks like the secret sauce is that Dobnak's four seamer and two seamer have similar horizontal movement, and maybe hitters can't really recognize the pitch and guess the late vertical "movement". So they are always just high (grounders) or just low (popups). Whereas other pitchers with more movement may generate whiffs from such trickery, Dobnak gets the (preferred?) result of bad contact. Analytics has definitely revived vertical differentiation of pitches as a tactic for pitchers. Is this a case of "tunneling" two fastballs, rather than a fastball/breaking ball combo?
  19. Stashak was good and all, but disappointing the Twins couldn't finish the Trevor-Tyler-Tyler-Taylor combo. Ah well, there's another game tomorrow.
  20. TEN wins? In twelve starts? Yes that is just one hot streak (a la Radke's 14? straight), but that is a very tall order. Similarly 25 HR in 60 games. I fear Bailey and Dobnak may stumble, and there's not much room for that. Non-bold prediction: Twins make the playoffs
  21. Buxton and Sano look back on track as of today, so... No, we have baseball's no 1 lineup. I will say that it's interesting that the projections have Rosario as 5th best hitter, but many expect he will deservedly hit in the 8th spot. Due to the difficulty in projecting Arraez and Garver. But also, do the projections not like Polanco?
  22. Nick, thank you for saying something. This is not something that should be ignored. For my part, I was hoping to hear Twins Daily's take if only to get a clear recap of the events. As for Kepler, I think we can ask that he educate himself, and reserve judgment until next time. I'm ok with athletes not jumping into political frays, but he has inadvertently done so. Now he has an opportunity to gain community support, and not be just a guy wearing our favorite uniform.
  23. If the taxi squad doesn't count for service time, Celestino, or Lewis, might be a good plan for an injury replacement for defensive center fielder. Cave and Wade can, but shouldn't. Kepler can, but then right field suffers. Similarly, Javier might be a consideration for shortstop defense.
  24. Another delightful contribution from Parker. The little "like" check just doesn't seem like enough
  25. I agree that the Revere comparison is a stretch, but this is a good analysis of *why* As for comparing to Knoblauch, you have to remember his value (and his batting statistics) were greatly enhanced by his speed and extremely intelligent baserunning. Arraez is not in that class.
×
×
  • Create New...