Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

howeda7

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,436
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by howeda7

  1. I don't think you can add internal guys to the 60 man. Only guys outside the organization.
  2. You can't pay the freight for Bauer in a year when there's still a non-zero chance the play-offs won't happen and there will be 16 teams in it if they do. The only way I'd even consider it is if he will sign at least a one-year extension, but that's unlikely.
  3. That would be very bad. It might be time to hit KC with an offer for Holland.
  4. All's well that ends well and all, but how does your best reliever Tyler Duffy not pitch in this game? May, Romo and Rogers all pitching back-to-back days and Duffy is not used on 2 days rest. I don't get it.
  5. Either Falvey or Levine said that one a telecast last week.
  6. Honestly, get that man on the roster and at least let him catch once or twice per week.
  7. The batting order desperately needs a shake-up. Garver and Sano are Punto-esque black-holes. 1. Arreaz 2. Polanco 3. Kepler 4. Cruz 5. Rosario 6. Gonzalez 7. Buxton 8. Sano 9. Garver
  8. I'm not trading for anyone who's not under control for at least 2021.
  9. Need some runs tonight boys. Thorpe/Poppen/Alclala will have to carry this at least through 5.
  10. What about the clubhouse staff? Likely the same ones for Cleveland as there were for St. Louis...
  11. That still might be the best idea, but outside of Spring Training sites, where is there a collection of enough fields with ML dimensions to do this? I think at best, they put each division in a city so that the only travel required is the inter-league games. The issue with this is that you'd have 2-3 games per day in each stadium, two of which would be in the daytime. The whole point of this is for TV $. In any event, it's probably too late to go that route. They either plow forward with the current plan using taxi squads or pull the plug.
  12. What's the story on Romero?
  13. Long-term (really anything after 2020) they frighten me. I think they're being a tad over-hyped right at the moment though. Twins/Cleveland will finish 1-2 IMO. That said, the Central is not nearly as bad as advertised. The Royals were scrappy and I suspect will be again. And Detroit made enough moves to nto be awful.
  14. I would say use the bullpen on the occasions you have to use the #5 starter.
  15. Apparently Buxton has suffered a significant leg injury tonight. Can't catch a break.
  16. I agree. In a season this short, they should have made the schedule uniform and played 4 games against each team, 2 home, 2 road. I'm guessing they wanted to cut the travel down.
  17. I still want him being a little cautious. Having him play deep and come in on balls was the right idea, even though he still got hurt in Cleveland. Just stop fighting the walls.
  18. Having Rich Hill from day 1 helps. Berrios, Odo, Hill, Maeda and Bailly/Dobnak is a pretty good 5. Better once Pineda is added. That alone should prevent long slumps. And our line-up is loaded if the 1B isn't in legal trouble.
  19. Our over-reaction in game day threads will no longer be over-reactions.
  20. I don't have a strong opinion on this. I understand why they're doing it. But regardless, removing a statue does not equal "erasing history." I really wish we could stop with this part of the argument.
  21. Since we're talking 16-team play-offs (ugh) why not agree to pay the players their full pro-rated salaries for 76-80 games in exchange for the owners getting all the revenue from the first (new) round of play-offs. I'm sure it won't off-set completely, but it should help them keep the losses down.
  22. All sports leagues will have to have a plan to continue on even if a player test positive. Otherwise there's no point in starting. I believe they all do. It's why there will be expanded rosters etc.
  23. 50 games is a joke. 114 is not realistic. Play an 80 game schedule starting in early July. It's what the calendar and common sense suggests. Stop the bickering.
×
×
  • Create New...