Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Althebum82

Verified Member
  • Posts

    269
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Althebum82

  1. Josh Donaldson's return date has been deferred a few more weeks: Josh Donaldson Likely To Miss Multiple Weeks With Hamstring Strain - MLB Trade Rumors
  2. I think that it is interesting that Headrick has survived! Polanco has not exactly been killing it on his "rehab" stops......hopefully a week from now that will be totally irrelevant.
  3. Looks like Trevor Hildenberger may have reached the end of the line: SF Giants release former Mets and Twins reliever (msn.com)
  4. Good news for Hendricks: Liam Hendriks Announces He Is Cancer Free - MLB Trade Rumors
  5. You know, I agree with this. But, it has been said that part of the reason that Maeda was dealt to the Twins was because he was unhappy being in the bullpen. I think that they had to start the season with him as a starter just so he could prove to everyone whether he belonged there or not. Everybody's whipping boy Pagan is off to a good start, albeit in a limited role, and Moran appears to be the one falling short of expectations. We may have to sit through one more Maeda start, but for now I like this suggestion once that "one more start" finally proves to Maeda the limitations of his value to the team..
  6. New life for Twins short-timer Luke Farrell: White Sox Sign Luke Farrell To Minor League Deal - MLB Trade Rumors
  7. Please note that the bullpen usage chart needs to be updated to show a total of 14 for Thielbar, not ten. Twins continue their great start to this season!
  8. Generically as a modern-day MLB strategy with no pitchers batting and a runner already in "scoring position", it is still a surprise to see a bunt attempted, much less successful. But, it is also true that Taylor is the starter most likely to try it, even though he has never had more than two sacrifices per season over a fairly long career.
  9. While it is still early, it is a little humbling to peek at the team overall ERA of 5.78 placing them near the bottom of the league with that particular stat, Maybe the I-Cubs are stacked and getting away from them for awhile will balance that number out a bit? Truthfully, Dobnak is by far the best paid pitcher on the roster. It would great to see a little ROI with him, but his appearances have actually been starts instead of bullpen action (although they were three innings in duration).
  10. I certainly gave up on him. His career before 2022 framed my lack of confidence. But, there is no doubt that it is human nature to perform any job less effectively when personal concerns distract us from maximizing success in any job. All he has done so far in 2023 is everything that is asked of him. Yes, it is early. But it also is encouraging. In this case, I love having my opinion being proven wrong!
  11. Hmmm. With two outs in the fourth inning of a then two to nothing Astros lead an assumption was made by the scorer that Buxton would have scored from first base on Solano's double? It is early enough in a still close game, and with two outs it is reasonable to conclude there would have been at least an attempt by Buxton to score. That's where the logic falls apart for me. I can't take the next step and assume the attempt would be successful unless the outfielder and relay infielder are known to have really terrible throwing arms. If that happens to be the case, then I agree with the earned run. But I instinctively believe the scorer got it right the first time.
  12. Alex Colome' , released by the Nationals, gets another shot with a former team: White Sox, Alex Colome Agree To Minor League Contract - MLB Trade Rumors
  13. I was at best a sporadic viewer back when I had cable, but it seemed like it was a challenge to find the time to watch more than a couple innings (a short attention span probably fed into that as well). The cost of cable just was not worth the benefit of having it in our household after kids all moved out. It is true, a quicker game is an enticement, but I am now conditioned to simply just live without it and catch highlights afterwards or listen to the radio if I happen to be driving. Clearly, I am part of the problem!
  14. Liam Hendricks update: Liam Hendriks Completes Chemotherapy Treatment - MLB Trade Rumors
  15. The Twins transaction history for March 27 shows this player received in a trade from the Phillies and assigned to the Mighty Mussels and included on the relief pitcher list above: 03/27/23 Philadelphia Phillies traded LHP Gabriel Yanez to Minnesota Twins. There is no corresponding Twins organization player going to the Phillies or reference to cash considerations. Is this a "player to be named later" scenario of some type?
  16. Update: This changed April 1 when he signed with a minor league deal with the Giants.
  17. Gary Sanchez has found a home, at least for now: Giants Sign Gary Sanchez To Minor League Deal - MLB Trade Rumors
  18. He remains unsigned. Most likely he is holding out for former all-star pay which the Twins (and probably most teams) do not consider a fair value any longer. The Yankees, who could most probably afford that asking price AND are in need of the skills he can still add to a team, have no stomach for further enduring his decline. He certainly did not wow any one in his two WBC appearances going 0 for 5 with three strikeouts and a walk. The Twins made it a point to have enough sufficient starting caliber and career backup catchers signed that Sanchez will not be in one of their new uniforms.
  19. Rosario has made the most of his opportunity this spring, that's for sure. Same can be said for Kepler! Love your detailed analysis, Nick. Small detail here, but I clicked on the link for Rodriguez and was taken to a BR profile for a pitcher who was in the Mets minor league system last season. I am assuming this is not the same guy you intended to reference.
  20. A nice showing by Headrick, Enlow got knocked around a bit but still managed to record two saves. It is nice to see their potential on display. Jeez, I had given up on Dobnak the last half of 2020. Yeah, I knew he had the long contract, but it all looked like good money chasing bad goods to me. If he can make a comeback anything to close to what he has shown this spring, we really are in a good spot with our pitching, healthy or not. The guy signed for $500 based on a showing with the Utica Unicorns and youtube videos, and then rose in a couple of years to the big league club. Guess I have learned to never again easily give up on a guy who has a track record of fighting against all odds to succeed. This really is a fun time of year, I am glad that we are finally back to having a normal spring training again.
  21. One of those guys that, when healthy, has done everything the Twins have asked of him. It sure ain't a bad way to make a living, but one has to wonder if other teams might come fishing for him if he is able to present another strong showing this year.
  22. Every spring training there is at least one guy who makes a better than expected impression. Rarely does it lead to a significant contribution for the regular season that follows. When it does, it is usually because the team has a giant gaping hole of some kind to fill. It does not seem like we have a Justin Morneau-in-waiting candidate in the farm system for 1B. I do believe there can be a home for him in Saint Paul if he wants it, but not at the expense of any hitters on the Twins 40-man roster.
  23. I am by nature cynical and tend to look at his history and think last year was an anomoly. But then I remember LaTroy Hawkins and all of the seasons the Twins wasted trying to make him a starter. Even though Cano is getting off to a rough start at the MLB level, I think this was a perfect trade for both teams and I expect Lopez to continue his success as a reliever at least through his current contract (if not longer).
  24. Vasquez is clearly an upgrade over Gary Sanchez. We need Jeffers to be an upgrade over Jeffers. Wolters signing is great for spring training, but not much value beyond that. Did not even know about Greiner until I saw an article a couple of days ago about his 6'7" height. Hope Cardenas can continue to fulfill his early promise. Williams had me excited last season until I realized that he played more 1B/DH than catcher last year because of his defensive limitations. Overall I think we are in a better place than we were at this time last season, but that is a partial testimony to how rough we looked last year.
×
×
  • Create New...