-
Posts
1,959 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by LastOnePicked
-
Episode 1: Crisis In Charm City
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Good work, you all. Keep it up. Loved the "underrated Twin" starter. Hadn't thought of Dennys Reyes in years.- 1 reply
-
- edouard julien
- joe ryan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Orioles 4, Twins 2: Sweeping Away the Misery
LastOnePicked replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I don't know how Baltimore got to be so good. I've been reliably told that organizational rebuilds don't work.- 54 replies
-
- pablo lopez
- brock stewart
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Agreed. There's never any urgency with this organization, and to follow up last season with one of the steepest payroll cuts in the league was just idiotic. Fan morale seems back to pre-2019 levels.
- 38 replies
-
- chris paddack
- byron buxton
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
If baseball makes anything clear, it's that weaknesses will quickly be exposed. If the Twins put me in RF, I'd bet money that the first three batted balls would find the hole in my glove. Good article. Yes, we all know it's "early," but the offseason missteps are digging an early hole. This team seems old and slow and unable to keep up unless the other team gifts them a W.
- 144 replies
-
- louis varland
- carlos santana
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
It's only April, but I'm wondering if I was maybe right to push for a total rebuild after the 2021 season. I'd hate to lose those precious playoff victories of last year, but I think that's all we'll see from this squad for awhile.
- 38 replies
-
- chris paddack
- byron buxton
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: In Dire Straits Out of the Gate
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Looks like the people who were worried about the Spring Training results might have been on to something. This team doesn't look like they were fully ready to launch.- 6 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- byron buxton
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Dodgers 6, Twins 3: Too Little, Too Late
LastOnePicked replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Winning in the postseason is never a mistake. The mistake is ownership not taking the next steps to try and make sure it happens again soon.- 44 replies
-
- louis varland
- james outman
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
"Tonkin a Twin again" Tell me the Twins are off to a bad start without telling me the Twins are off to a bad start.
-
Wait, what? Twins fans wanted better than Desclafani in the rotation. He appeared to be a huge injury risk, and even if moderately healthy wouldn't make even a drop in covering the gaps left by Gray and Maeda. And ... those fans were 100% right. That was $4m wasted by a team that has now shifted to counting pennies.
-
On any team, this would be a letdown. On a team that is fighting to keep open a window of contention, while dealing with the prospect of massive payroll cuts in the years ahead, this is ... worse. Twins fans have been hoping for something big to happen for this franchise. Instead, the most talented spark plugs keep cracking. Others have a better attitude on this. But I'm sick of baseball at this point. Sick of watching big market teams pad their rosters with free agents while we have to pray our top prospects don't get totally derailed by fluke injuries. Life isn't fair. Everybody understands that. Baseball is our escape, though. Baseball should be fun. This isn't fun.
-
I'm confused. Didn't the Twins already leverage the farm system in trading for Gray, Mahle and Jorge Lopez? Gray worked out perfectly well. Mahle and Lopez were disastrous. But perhaps they didn't leverage the system again in the offseason because there's just not much potentially-expendable talent left in the system. I think it was a HUGE mistake not signing a free agent starter this offseason, and it may force them into another foolish deadline trade come late summer.
- 118 replies
-
- anthony desclafani
- tyler mahle
- (and 5 more)
-
Please no. This is costly in terms of the future, and this FO does not have the knack for being a successful buyer in deadline trades. Build depth now.
-
Slow Spring Training, Any Reason to be Concerned?
LastOnePicked replied to stringer bell's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
I'm not worried. Maybe I should be, but the Twins really seem to have players focus on ramping up slowly and making incremental adjustments in ST. I don't think there's much of a correlation between the way they're playing now and the way they'll play when the season starts.- 62 replies
-
Why on Earth would you weaken the farm system (including losing potentially-expendable up-the-middle talent you might actually need as a bargaining chip come the trade deadline) when you could have simply signed MAT, who offers a little pop and Gold Glove defense? My first reaction? This is not a good move.
- 246 replies
-
- noah miller
- manuel margot
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Enough Already! Let's Play Ball!
LastOnePicked replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Find someone who loves you the way Seth loves Twins baseball. I personally enjoy payroll talk - and even trying to put a little pressure on boosting the roster through free agency - but I also value that there's some real optimism and appreciation for the team. I hope they meet your/our hopes.- 28 replies
-
- joe pohlad
- carlos correa
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
I think the idea is to *create new fans* through a championship run. The base of fans is strong here, but it's not nearly enough to grow revenue. Just another reason why winning when you can is important. Or, as I've said many times, just go into total rebuild mode. These guys should really pick a lane, because it's hard to see how this nibbling .500 approach brings home a pennant.
-
For years, I thought the lack of a killer instinct on this team was attributable to the coaching staff and FO. Now I think it goes much higher. No one with a desire to see a championship-winning team would take this approach to payroll after last season. I guess winning the Wild Card series was good enough in their eyes.
-
If not a strawman, this is at least close to one. At the very least a subtle mischaracterization of probably most TDers thoughts. 1) Since the Twins do not release actual figures on their total costs, income or profit, no one here has a clear picture if they are now or have ever been running the team at a cash loss. 2) A baseball team is a prestige item, not something to build a portfolio around. And the capital appreciation in and of itself is immense. And nothing boosts that appreciation like fan support and brand enthusiasm. And nothing boosts fan support like winning. And, it turns out, you have to spend money to make money. I don't think it's their "civic duty" to boost their payroll to or above last year's level, no. But it's also not our duty to cheer for or financially support a team that won't maintain or boost spending when the window of contention has cracked back open.
- 92 replies
-
- pablo lopez
- chris paddack
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
How Far Has the Twins Rotation Fallen?
LastOnePicked replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I just really really really really think they need another reliable #2-#3 starter. This rotation has very little depth, and very few reinforcements are waiting in the wings. I get the sense they think they can swing a trade near the deadline, but those are high cost and high risk.- 79 replies
-
- sonny gray
- kenta maeda
- (and 5 more)
-
This. I get the points Nick is raising. I also like these Twins a lot. I'm hoping that the skepticism I feel creeping back in can be pushed off for another year. BUT ... it's a manager's job to manage talent. In fact, in an age where on-field decisions about length of starts and lineups can be dictated by the front office, the manager's interpersonal leadership skills are even more important. That work cannot always be handed to a veteran. I'm just hoping that Falvey/Levine aren't choosing "clubhouse character" over raw talent. It's your staff's job to shape that talent into professional skill. There are no nice-guy awards for super-harmonious teams - there's only the World Series trophy. I'd like to see that come here again.
- 54 replies
-
- jay jackson
- kyle farmer
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
We'll see how this works out for them. Sounds like they took the rebuild seriously, which is what teams should do. You lose big for awhile, you save, you build a young core, you try to spend more and win big when the core matures. It'll be interesting to contrast that with the Twins approach, where you make a single big FA splash signing, you work trades and you otherwise nibble and try to perennially hover around .500 and see if the breaks bounce your way into and through the postseason. We'll just have to see which organizational philosophy leads to greater success in 2024 and beyond.
-
Hmm. Substantially superior? If Julian, Wallner and Lewis can adjust and stay healthy, maybe. But the rotation is substantially inferior, and that usually sets the table for success. Bullpen looks okay. Lineup looks slightly above average. Speed looks below average. Defense appears average. Rotation is clearly below average. That doesn't lead me to the same optimism.
- 41 replies
-
- carlos santana
- gregory santos
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
230 Wins and -68 Losses. Cannot wait to get this season started.
- 336 replies
-
- jorge polanco
- anthony desclafani
- (and 3 more)

