Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted

Nevermind.  Should have checked socials first 

Theo Tollefson:

The Twins have announced two coaches will not return to their 2027 staff.

Pitching coaches Pete Maki and Luis Ramirez have both been let go. Maki has been with the organization since 2018 and Ramirez, 2006.

Additionally athletic trainer Jason Kirkman will not return as well.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

I'm good with this. The downgrade from Wes Johnson to Pete Maki was noticeable. 

That is a clear and blatant truth. Maki seemed okay when he first got his shot back in 2018-2019 when we had our Bomba Squad and Juiced baseballs. But since then he just hasn't been the pitching whisperer that Johnson was. 

Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 12:59 PM, MackMan said:

That is a clear and blatant truth. Maki seemed okay when he first got his shot back in 2018-2019 when we had our Bomba Squad and Juiced baseballs. But since then he just hasn't been the pitching whisperer that Johnson was. 

It is odd that so many mention the "juiced" baseballs as EVERY team dealt with them,  NO one had an advantage.

Posted
1 hour ago, Vanimal46 said:

Zoll will be back for another season. Not great, Bob. 

I know hardly any fans will take him at his word, but Tom Pohlad's comment from today's presser reads to me like his patience will have its limits. 

"I understand (fans) patience in this market has run out and I can assure you we have a sense of urgency. The work to build on the foundation we laid this year began (Monday)."

Posted

I think FO needs to be replaced first.   I don’t like Zoll very much.   They need to stop getting castoff players like J. Bell.   They need  to let R. Lewis go.

I am so tired of having MN Twins’ losing seasons so many times.  My patience runs out.   

Posted
9 minutes ago, shortround81 said:

I wasn't sure where to put this. Or if it even warrants a discussion. Putting a consistently winning product on the field would probably help

image.png.eecfdb1f1ed023acec848746af601d07.png

But I thought if the organization got a new Field/Stadium, they were going to put together competitive teams to compete for a championship...5 playoff appearances in a 17 season span, of which we only won a single playoff series (which was awesome by the way). 

Posted
1 hour ago, shortround81 said:

I wasn't sure where to put this. Or if it even warrants a discussion. Putting a consistently winning product on the field would probably help

image.png.eecfdb1f1ed023acec848746af601d07.png

I think it is worse then what is stated here.  Isn't that the ticket sales number not actual attendance?  I expect that this year the difference between the two was very significant.  For instance, I had the $229 Twins pass so I presume I counted as 80 of the 1.7million ticket sales.  But I had no expectation of attending 80 games, ended up around 20-25 (still a great value).  I believe that there were around 10k season tickets (someone speak up if they know the actual number).  On many of the nights I was there, it was clearly much less than 50% of season tickets were being used.  They even added a program to bribe season ticket holders into ensuring their tickets were used by crediting them a % of the ticket to next years season ticket.  

If season ticket holders either can't sell or can't be bothered to sell/give their unused tickets it clearly indicates a high level of apathy.  That won't be turned around fast, as you noted it takes sustained success.  Everything points towards 2027 being another step down from 2026 for attendance.  With the right actions, maybe the Twins can turn it around for 2028 but I feel that much of the story for 2027 attendance has already been written.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...