Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Saxophone Joe

Verified Member
  • Posts

    716
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Saxophone Joe

  1. Buried in the “news” from today’s press conference: Anthony Banda is likely out until around the All-Star break. Dang, that’s a 12-month injury.
  2. Nah. But I'm sure, beyond the attendance numbers, they know full well the general mood of the fanbase is...
  3. lmao - not that I feel bad in the least for TP and "JZ", but dang, tough crowd over here. You're all holding their feet to the fire, to say the least.
  4. I know hardly any fans will take him at his word, but Tom Pohlad's comment from today's presser reads to me like his patience will have its limits. "I understand (fans) patience in this market has run out and I can assure you we have a sense of urgency. The work to build on the foundation we laid this year began (Monday)."
  5. Ah man...I gotta do this, fully expecting plenty of 'down' votes. Bring it on! Giving Tristan Gray an F was cold, Nick ☠️ Look, I agree he was on the roster for too long. But he gets a D in my book for being fairly solid (and RISP clutch) the first two months of the season. Lost his mojo once he returned from paternity leave after the series in Boston.
  6. I never saw the final numbers, but it's safe to assume we led MLB with the highest percentage of homers that were of the solo variety. I'm guessing around 70% of our homers were solo.
  7. Bell's homer against Atlanta that went way deep into the right-center upper deck should've made the cut. Even Morneau was blown away by how far that one went. StatCast says it traveled only 434 feet. My eyes tell me that one was close to 500 ft, at least 450. Has anyone seen a homer go that deep (five rows in the upper deck) in right-center at Target Field? https://www.mlb.com/video/josh-bell-homers-17-on-a-fly-ball-to-right-center-field-ryan-jeffers-scor
  8. It’s over. Mixed emotions! Glad to see they went out strong and played spoiler. Bummed at what could’ve/might’ve been. Will miss the games but all things must pass. Time to find a new hobby until spring, when, hopefully, baseball returns. 😎 Had a blast talking Twins over here for sure. Good stuff, gang!
  9. It had me wishing we had another couple weeks to get back in the playoff race 😭 ”Dream on,” indeed.
  10. Fun game - the team played with integrity all weekend. Thanks everyone, catch ya on the flip side ✌🏼💙
  11. Blew a lot of games early for sure. Also worth pointing out the bullpen went two months from early June into August without losing a game when the Twins led after the 6th (might’ve been the 7th?). All facets contributed to missing the playoffs imo.
  12. Cory thinks the Twins will try to sign Aroldis Chapman. Maybe Zebby to the bullpen too. Doesn’t think Ryan is traded over the offseason. Unsure of Bailey’s future. “Glad I don’t have to make that call.”
  13. Here’s Cory’s newest interview:
  14. Really great article on Larnach in today’s Star Tribune. This is a guy who gets it. Going out - assuming his Twins career is probably over - with humility & gratitude. Much respect to him. Also admitted his body broke down by August after all the games in LF. “My legs were killing me.” Makes sense. Said he hopes to play this weekend.
  15. Whether they deserved to be in the mix or not is one thing. But, OK, I'll be the contrarian: The Twins did play meaningful baseball in September. They didn't meet the moment, obviously. Far from it. But the games mattered, absolutely. They had a fighter's chance going into the home series against Cleveland on Sept. 11. In another universe, they complete the sweep against Detroit, ride the momentum and "good vibes" and go on a tear from there.
  16. Ironically, his best at-bat of the season might've been the walk he took just before Kody's ultimate grand slam. He battled. JB did strike out at a surprisingly high rate during the first part of the season. But, yeah, a dependable player this year, even if the production was inconsistent. Probably never sat out more than two games in a row. Curious to see if he comes back.
  17. Hold up though, I got an idea: Put us in the AL West! We could be playing for the division this weekend 🤣
  18. For sure. I know the Orioles, for example, lost a bunch of winnable games too.
  19. Does anyone remember if the win expectations changed on Fangraphs after the Pablo injury? They definitely should've. A lot of baseball people smarter than me penciled them in for last place after that. I'm guessing on Opening Day, with the roster we had, most Twins fans/followers would've taken the under on 75 wins. Be honest - you know who you are;) Maybe I'll torture myself next week by looking back and finding the 10-15 games we gave away (or couldn't get that one extra hit) that could've made the difference 🙃
  20. Great post, and I agree - Cory is the best. I bet his upcoming interview will be a good one too. I'll share it once it's on YT.
  21. I totally see your point. But strictly by the standings math, they’ll probably end up one hot week away in the course of a 6 month season from being in the playoffs or at least still in the hunt in this final week. Even just an extra win a month…that’s not far off imo.
  22. Can’t help but ruminate on, if we had righted this ship sooner, we would be playing for something truly meaningful this weekend. They weren’t that far off imo. A few breaks here and there, better execution…Oh well. So it goes. I’ve been entertained.
×
×
  • Create New...