Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
On 9/26/2026 at 4:58 PM, sweetmusicviola16 said:

All Ober has done in 2026 is be the Twins 2nd or 3rd best pitcher. One could even argue the 2nd best ahead of Ryan who had a dramatic second half fade

Not. A. High. Bar.

I can see many controllable scenarios in which they keep both Kremer and Ober, simply because they have no one else to fill in the starting rotation.  Our pitching pipeline is pretty bare.

But, if they decide to go with just one of those two players, I would chose Kremer.   In his time with the Twins he pitched better than Ober and would probably be cheaper.   If they chose to go with just one, they would non-tender the other.

Posted
On 9/27/2026 at 1:08 PM, ewen21 said:

This gave me a chuckle, if I may be blunt.

 

I am "Bearish" on almost all pitching on our roster at this current time.  I am going to need to see it and in the case of Lopez, he's coming back after his second TJ, so I have concerns about his personal wellbeing.  I am not trying to see Joel Zumaya 2.0.  I have no real expectations for Lopez. or Matthews for that matter.  He is 9-11 with a 4.90ERA and that is a jump up for him.  I still have a foul taste in my mouth from that absolute debacle at Wrigley Field right about when curious optimism was starting to rise in me (for no good reason) just after the ASB.  Matthews spit the bit in the worst possible way in that series.  I just don't see the dog in him and I never did.  More of the same.  Finesse, pitch to contact kinds of hand jobs.  I am beyond my limit with this.  How can a team literally NEVER draft, raise and bring up a legit pitcher with an AS season?

 

YOu'd think maybe once we'd get one by accident?  Nope.  I guess we don't deserve good stuff 

Idris Elba Table Flip GIF

Been saying this for years! They think they can outsmart the system and get another 1-2MPH out of a pitcher rather than just drafting a legit Ace pitcher like they should have this year with Flora over Lackey. And they better draft one next year when they get another top 10 pick in the 2027 draft but I doubt they will. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Historyking88 said:

Been saying this for years! They think they can outsmart the system and get another 1-2MPH out of a pitcher rather than just drafting a legit Ace pitcher like they should have this year with Flora over Lackey. And they better draft one next year when they get another top 10 pick in the 2027 draft but I doubt they will. 

No top ten pick. That last win cost them a lottery opportunity. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

No top ten pick. That last win cost them a lottery opportunity. 

The return of  Debbie Downer. 

Twin have had a lot of lottery debris over the years , no big thing.

Posted

Kremer finishes the year as a Twin with a 3.48 ERA, 3.82 FIP, and a WHIP just under 1.000... yeah, he's a lock to be back. Probably an unsustainable BABIP in there with only 6 hits/9, but there's reason to believe he can return to what he was pre Orioles 2026. They didn't trade a top 20 prospect and get decent enough pitching out of him and not exercise his control. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Mike Sixel said:

No top ten pick. That last win cost them a lottery opportunity. 

Still have a 15% chance to land a top 6 pick which means they are still in the lottery. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Historyking88 said:

Still have a 15% chance to land a top 6 pick which means they are still in the lottery. 

Huh. Thanks. I thought they were out, but was misinformed. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...