Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins (Maeda) v White Sox (Urena), 9/14/23 @ 6:40 CT


wsnydes

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
2 minutes ago, wsnydes said:

 

Got you before your edit!

 

2 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Reread my comment … I edited it. Whining would have entailed all kinds of comments about Rocco doing it wrong

I did!

Still giving you crap!

Posted

Maeda had a really up and down type performance. He fell behind 2-0 on a bunch of hitters yet he also had a bunch of swings and misses. Only a couple hard hit balls. 7 complete. Nice effort. 

Posted

Getting long outings out of the backend starters is a nice bonus at this point in the season.  Rest the bullpen when it's expected to be used more.  Particularly nice if Ober is starting tomorrow.

Posted
4 minutes ago, tony&rodney said:

Maeda over 100 innings. Another $250,000 for Kenta.

Still paid for by the Dodgers?

Posted
Just now, RickOShea said:

a veteran like Farmer, should never perform like that. Especially, with the number of younger players on the team.

💯 Absolutely 

Posted
29 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

You know I've been going to MLB games for close to 65 years, and I can't recall anyone walking out of the stadium after the game, complaining on how long it took.  I'm not saying they don't, I just don't recall. (Probably due to being 65 yrs old,)

Man, I totally disagree. I've gone to multiple games every year since the Twins came to Minnesota and games that have dragged on usually have people complaining about how long the game is. The Twins have been out of the race more often than not by this time of the year and I've gone to some 8-4 type of games with tons of mid-inning pitching changes and wondered when the game would end.

I had the half season SRO pass in 2017 and left a lot of games early because of the length of games.

Posted
1 minute ago, stringer bell said:

Man, I totally disagree. I've gone to multiple games every year since the Twins came to Minnesota and games that have dragged on usually have people complaining about how long the game is. The Twins have been out of the race more often than not by this time of the year and I've gone to some 8-4 type of games with tons of mid-inning pitching changes and wondered when the game would end.

I had the half season SRO pass in 2017 and left a lot of games early because of the length of games.

I agree that people have left early, it just never became a topic of discussion that I noticed.  I know that there were several games we left early, because of it being a school night, or something.  But, we knew approximately how long games lasted and we made the choice to stay or go.  No surprises.

Posted
Just now, mrtwinsfan said:

No pinch hitters , Rocco ?

He probably read last night's game thread.

And the game recap.

And Chief's rant thread.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...