• Create Account

Players you want to see in the second half

What players are you most looking forward to seeing in the 2nd half of this lost season? It's likely that we will see a fleury of trades come July, and that means the Twins will have to fill most of these holes from within. I wrote about some players we are likely to see in August and September, starting with starting pitchers

Larnach, Kirilloff, Jeffers, Gordon are the hitters I want to see lots of this year. Blankenhorn would have been on this list, but clearly the FO didn't think much of him.

As for pitching... outside of the obvious candidates like Thorpe, maybe Ober in the bullpen... Yennier Cano is definitely one I want to see. Maybe Duran late in the season. Chalmers is pretty shaky... some deeper cuts include Tom Hackimer and Ryan Mason.

18 minutes ago, Danchat said:

Larnach, Kirilloff, Jeffers, Gordon are the hitters I want to see lots of this year. Blankenhorn would have been on this list, but clearly the FO didn't think much of him.

As for pitching... outside of the obvious candidates like Thorpe, maybe Ober in the bullpen... Yennier Cano is definitely one I want to see. Maybe Duran late in the season. Chalmers is pretty shaky... some deeper cuts include Tom Hackimer and Ryan Mason.

Agree on your hitter fronts. There will be some other names I have in the blog that are bigger "reaches" like Hacimer or Mason. Those guys all depend on how much of a firesale there is in July, as without a drastic one, I don't think they have much of a shot. 100% agree on Gordon especially..he's going to get a ton of ABs in August and September and either prove he can hit and likely be a long term utility man, or be off the 40 man roster this offseason. 

There may be some sleepers in AA or even high A ball that would warrant a look. but let's not give up just yet. Remember the '51 Giants (oh, you're too young). How about the '69 Mets who were next to last in mid-summer.