Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. Yeah, that pretty much looks like a short version of what they're saying. One impact SP. Surprised on what little confidence they have on Lynn bouncing back and pleased by the confidence they seem to have in Berrios.
  2. I'd happily go 4 years on Darvish. It's the 5th and 6th years that make me nervous. Appreciate the way you've stated your opinions on the matter.
  3. Twins Hall of Fame. No mention of Knoblauch. EDIT: per Twins Trivia: "Knoblauch is the first and only player to be elected to the Twins Hall of Fame but not inducted."
  4. What a considerable miscalculation that was. Great line. Please know you were not alone. Fun write-up on the arm slots. I just wonder if this would amount to 'tipping' his pitches. Not that every batter has the time to study release points for each relief pitcher on an opponent's staff.
  5. Joe would need 160 hits/year for over 6 years to reach 3000 hits. He already has more hits than the average HOF catcher. I think another year with a BA > .300 will do it for him. And a Gold Glove at 1B wouldn't hurt. He just needs to retire before he has 2 more seasons hitting < .270. Go out strong!
  6. Garver did not attain his .928 OPS by having a good month. He crushed the ball all year. Had Palka had such a season the fans would have been screaming for him to be called up. I fully expect Garver to be the backup catcher. On the other hand, I've read things suggesting that if Darvish signs with the Twins it may lead to the Twins signing Gimenez, as they are friends and it may make Darvish more comfortable. At that point I would expect the 27 year old Garver to be traded. If the Twins sign Darvish it may get interesting.
  7. I was all in on Mackenzie Gore. He signed for less than Lewis did, too. Like others here, I have come around to thinking that Royce was a decent pick. It will be fun to follow this draft class and see how they do.
  8. Me three. That was a great moment. Wish I could find the speed of that pitch, but Zumaya was well known to hit triple digits and Justin just crushed it. Lots of other great moments for this unusually gifted athlete, but that was the one that came instantly to mind. First pitch, too. Ha!
  9. Thank you Mike. That's fun stuff. I know one man who played against barnstorming teams. He told me about the time the other team featured Bob Feller as their pitcher. I got all excited and asked him how many pitches he saw from Feller. He looked at me like I was slow and said, "Three".
  10. I'm a little at a loss regarding your inclusion of Mussina. Had he pitched for the Mariners only true baseball fans would know who he was. He had a higher ERA, a higher FIP and a lower win total (270) than Blyleven (287). Blyleven had one of the highest K totals in the history of the game when he retired (currently ranked 5th all time). Blyleven accumulated 102.9 fWAR in his career. Mussina, 82.2 fWAR It took Blyleven forever to get into the Hall. Don't think Mussina would make my ballot. (and maybe I just need to get over Blyleven's being shunned for so long because he didn't play in a big market)
  11. EE was twice named the White Sox 'Defensive Player of the Year' for their minor league system while he was with them. He has been excellent for us. I think securing him for 2 years is a really good idea. The third option year gives us flexibility to trade Gordon, should Gordon that become part of a trade that helps the Twins. I like the idea of locking him up for 2 years. Safe play.
  12. CC, his wife and their 4 children have been living in New Jersey for almost a decade. Hopefully he and his wife have a great marriage. CC has already earned almost a quarter billion dollars. I cannot imagine him taking a job where he would play for a team out of the area.
  13. TR did find good relievers, but that doesn't mean it's easy. Most of the baseball world considers TR an exceptional scout.
  14. Greinke is a 5 WAR pitcher. Darvish is a 2.5 WA pitcher. So, there is that to take into account.
  15. I like this move. Pineda's FIP was pretty good in 2014, 2015 and 2016. If he comes back healthy he will be a real steal. I would have liked an option of $12M to $15M for 2020. I know it would have cost us, but the guy is a pretty good pitcher. If either 2019 or 2020 was good he would be a great value. Maybe in our park with our OF his ERA would look more like his FIP.
  16. Oldgoat_MN

    Go big or go home

    I think there is some merit to that argument. We should take advantage of our window as the window begins to close for Cleveland. And before the Might Whiteys graduate their recent prospect acquisitions.
  17. If this is the offer and the Twins haven't said YES I would think it's because they are in talks for someone else. Archer?
  18. I agree with you regarding the cost of Arrieta, however... Arrieta makes me a little nervous. His 2015 was great, but his ERA, FIP and WHIP went up in 2016 and again this past season. His BABIP went down from .345 in 2016 to .298 last year and those other number still went up. I know he'll only be 32 next season, but I find those three stats unsettling.
  19. Really appreciate being able to come to this site and enjoy the comments. Thanks to all of you. It makes baseball more fun to have TD available with the high standards you maintain.
  20. Bartolo Colon had 4.0 bWAR that year (2005). Rivera had 4.0 bWAR. Johan had 7.2 bWAR. A terrible choice that year.
×
×
  • Create New...