IaBeanCounter
Verified Member-
Posts
546 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by IaBeanCounter
-
What are they going to do with Keuchel? 1) Bring him as a starter to allow starts to be skipped by top 5 as needed or as 6th starter? 2) Bring him as a LH reliever? 3) Let him walk? In 5 starts with the Saints he has an ERA of .69 over 26 innings.
- 55 replies
-
- jovani moran
- emilio pagan
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I agree, I would rather have the bad appearances grouped in one bad loss than spread over 3 potential losses, Including last night Ortega, Moran and Pagan have allowed earned runs in 33.3%, 32.5% and 19.5%, respectively of the games they appear in. Jax and Duran have allowed earned runs in 22.2% and 21.6% of their appearances. It appears last nights game has cost Ortega his spot on the 26 man roster. Actually its more of 6 of 10. Has come in when the Twins are leading by 3 runs or less 5 times and has 2 holds and 3 BS. I don't believe we lose if Pagan starts the inning. Just my opinion The bullpen was bad, and even though the Twins scored 7 runs I'm disappointed in the their at bats after Wallner's homerun. It's like each of them was trying to paid their HR stat line. Following the HR there were 20 outs until the end of 7th inning (before BP blowup). Of the 20 outs one was a SF and one was a CS, leaving 18 outs. Of the 18 outs 14 were strikeouts. What if there were only 7 (over 9 per 9 innings) that would leave 7 outs on balls in play. Assuming a .300 BABIP that means there would have been 3 more hits (assuming no HRs). The Twins had 6 runs on 7 hits through 7. If those 3 hits had generated one more run, even with the blowup, Duran would have had a 1 run lead into the 9th. This was a bad loss that I blame on a combination of factors. 12th game in 12 days, 2 extra inning games the previous 2 days and baseball luck. The Twins had 2 9th inning comeback games in a row and this was the baseball gods evening things out.
- 55 replies
-
- jovani moran
- emilio pagan
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I doubt they have been offered $150,000. The lower unsigned picks are draft picks 567 and 597. The Twins have signed draft picks 417, 447, 477 and 507 for $100,000 each and 537 for $50,000. They are both HS picks, so the amount offered may no be worth the value of going to JC or college and hoping to to substantially increase their future payoff.
-
I can understand why Boras wants over slot value. From what I read any of the top 5 would have been a top pick (or 2nd) in any other year. So the 4th and 5th picks are probably worth more than their slot value. The 4th pick went $302,000 over slot, I would expect Jenkins to want at least $300,000 over the slot value.
-
I think the first 10 rounds count against the slot values and on the signings other than Jenkins are about $450,000 below slot value. So the Twins could go over slot by $450,000 and not pay the 5% penalty. Boras was probably waiting for the others to sign to know how much slot money was available. I think I read somewhere on TD if he doesn't sign the Twins get additional picks in next years draft.
-
My comment was in jest, but Jax had a rough start this year with soft contact hits. The two homers were on hanging sweepers, hopefully Seattle is the only team that will homers off him.
- 54 replies
-
- kenta maeda
- carlos correa
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
What does Jax have against Maeda? Two starts in row where he gives up a homerun to snatch a win from Maeda.
- 54 replies
-
- kenta maeda
- carlos correa
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Gallo has a sprint speed of 26.7 ft/sec. and Solano is 25.4. Over 90 ft that's about .2 seconds. I doubt Solana would have even tried to score on that play.
- 89 replies
-
- bailey ober
- willi castro
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
On the double steal I don't think EJ could return the ball to get Anderson. Has a catcher ever thrown hard, but back to the pitcher? That's the only way I see they get an out.
- 26 replies
-
- christian vazquez
- sonny gray
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Wonder if the Moran will be sent down for Keuchel. Seemed odd to use him for 2 inning, even though he only threw 22 pitches
- 36 replies
-
- byron buxton
- edouard julien
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thanks. I have never seen this before, but based on the definition Pagen (with a 3 up 3 down inning) was the most effective reliver after Jax. Just wondering, if Pagen had loaded the bases but didn't allow a run and Duran came in and struck out the side in 10 pitches, could Duran get both the win and save?
- 64 replies
-
- kenta maeda
- edouard julien
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I believe that Buxton is both injured and in a slump. BB had been hitting bullets that the were caught. I believe that he is in an 0-22 streak with 14 strikeouts. The start of the streak coincided with BB taking some out field practice. Prior to the streak he in 23 AB he only had 3 strikeouts. I agree that he should be put on the IL and I am disappointed that Rocco said he would be in the lineup today. I don't know if 10 days or 30 days would improve his physical condition or if it is chronic. A final point is that I am wondering if BB is pressing to hard at DH, thinking he has to sellout for homeruns. Maybe with the rest of the lineup clicking he could take a less is more aspect. Make contact, with his speed there is no routine groundball and singles can become doubles.
- 64 replies
-
- kenta maeda
- edouard julien
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
How did Pagen get the win? He came in with the Twins leading 4-3. Jax had blown the lead, so I don't think he deserved the win. Does the scorekeeper have discretion to consider the BS in awarding the win to a reliver?
- 64 replies
-
- kenta maeda
- edouard julien
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Since you said "returning from injury" and not from the injured list. I would submit Buxton as the most important player to return to health. Listening the the Fox broadcast last night they said his back and hip were bothering him. Based on his recent production he should be on the injured list. Based on the players on the injured list I would want another bat first, either Polanco or Lewis. 2) Thielbar (taking away Moran appearances) 3) Stewart 4) Second bat of Polanco or Lewis 5) An effective Dallas Keuchel either as another LH reliever or co-starter with Maeda (4 innings each and a reliever for the 9th). Gray would also be a candidate to team with Keuchel. Edit: On Buxton Indiana Twin beat me to the submit tab.
- 17 replies
-
- jorge polanco
- royce lewis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: Winning Ugly in Oakland
IaBeanCounter replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I agree with this comment. The Twins join the Mets, Cubs, Sea, Hou and Philly in sweeping the As at Oakland. Angels, Cle, Cinn, Tx, AZ and NYY each lost one game in their Oakland series. Atlanta, Tampa Bay and the White Sox each lost 2 games in their Oakland series in 3 of the previous 5 series before the ASB. The Twins found ways to win when their starting pitching was leaking runs. I for one am happy with the sweep.- 37 replies
-
- carlos correa
- kyle farmer
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
The Royals don't have a good record but in 2 series before the Twins, they went 3-3 against Cleveland and LA Dodgers. In the 3 games against the Dodgers they scored 18 runs and only scored 7 against the Twins. Based on how they were playing I did not expect a sweep. I hope they can finish the first half on a high note against the Guardians!
- 63 replies
-
- pablo lopez
- alex kirilloff
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
The Twins probably have a book on veteran pitchers, but just a.blank piece of paper for unknowns.
- 26 replies
-
- joe ryan
- eduoard julien
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Pablo Lopez is Better than His ERA
IaBeanCounter replied to Ted Wiedmann's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I believe Lopez is a good starter. However, he seems to either have a mental block when runners get on (same as Berrios when he was a Twin) or is just unlucky (as Jax was earlier in the season). Lopez has given up 48 runs (47 earned) in 96 innings. It would be interesting to see how many multiple run innings he has give up. I know recently he seems to have given up a lot of 3 run innings. Some pitchers have the ability to reach back for another gear when facing adversity, Lopez doesn't seem to have that ability. He can't stop the bleeding at only one run or pick up his defense when an play wasn't made behind him. -
That's terrible news, as I don't think Pagan can step it up. Pagan has appeared in 12 games against top teams (Hou, NYY, Bos, LAD, Tor & TB). In 5 of the 12 he allowed runs, in 2 of remaining 7 he allowed inherited runners to score. Even excluding the Boston debacle his ERA in remaining 11 games is 6.17. In his 16 appearances against lower level teams he has allow 1 earned run over 20 innings (ERA of .45). He is good against average or below average teams, but unreliable against good teams. (Note; I excluded 1 appearance against Toronto where he hit the only batter he face and was removed with an injury)
-
The Twins are at .500. The question is how far below .500 will they be at the All-Star break with 8 games against Atlanta and Baltimore, and 3 against KC. Maybe they will surprise me, as they have played well against the best teams. I am hoping that after the AS break Polanco, Thilbar and J Lopez will be back healthy. I would put Buxton on the IL now and prepare for the second half. My guess is that the Twins will go 5-6 over the next 11 games.
-
Would they have won without them? Gallo's diving catch was the difference in the game. It doesn't go into his WPA, but without it the Twins lose. Kepler may have made that catch, but I doubt Larnach or Wallner would have. Just my 2 cents.
- 32 replies
-
- donovan solano
- bailey ober
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
"The Twins continue their ten-game homestand on Thursday (6/15) as they begin a four-game set against the Detroit Tigers, whom they’ll face for the first time this season. Joe Ryan (7-3, 2.90 ERA) is set to make the start for Minnesota in game one," Are they giving Gray an additional day off? The rotation has been Gray/Ryan/Varland?/Lopez/Ober.
- 58 replies
-
- carlos correa
- bailey ober
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I agree with DocBauer with a little different order on the top 3. Jax is my biggest disappointment to date. He has been charged with runs in 9 of his 26 appearances. 6 of which he took the loss and the other 3 the Twins lost by one run. He has had a hand in 9 of 27 of the Twins losses. J Lopez and Miranda are tied for a distant 2nd because of gap between expectations and results.
- 43 replies
-
- carlos correa
- jose miranda
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:

