Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

IaBeanCounter

Verified Member
  • Posts

    546
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by IaBeanCounter

  1. For a fan, it's never too much to ask. Will it happen, probably not. That is what makes baseball so interesting. On August 31, the Twins were 8 games behind in the loss column, 5 games later they are 5 back. Today and the next homestand will decide whether or not it is possible to be the 2 seed.
  2. Don't look now, but the Twins are only 5 games back in loss column to be the second seed in AL. Keep playing to their potential and they may make up those games. The Twins only have to tie Hou & Tx
  3. Just checked umpscorecard for the game and the umpire favored Cle by .73 runs. He called 10 strikes as balls. In a blowout I'm surprised he didn't expand the strike zone so that anything close was a strike, He only called 2 true balls as strikes,
  4. I think you can use a position player when you are down 8. A possible rule change would be to use a PP when down 8 in the 8th, 10 in the 7th, 12 in the 6th, etc. It wouldn't have made much difference last night.
  5. Winder has had 2 excellent long relief appearances on this homestand. Prior to those outings he had appeared in 10 games, allowed 12 ER runs in 7 games for an ERA of 5.59. I hope he can keep up the recent good work. I compared him to Sands and found out that Sands has allowed 7 runs (2 games 1 ER + 6 ER) over 13 appearances for an ERA of 3.57. Without the 6 ER against Balt, his ERA would be .52. I don't understand why Rocco hasn't used Sands more, have Sands pitch 2 innings rather than using 2 relievers.
  6. Saw the ump scorecard for last night and was very surprised to see the reported accuracy, 12 missed calls on 155 called pitches. Gameday was showing 3-6 times that number of misses. BTW the scorecard said the ump favored Cle by .27 runs.
  7. I agree with using long relief. However, I think Ober hit a wall when he approached 100 IP. In his first 16 starts he pitched 94.2 innings at an ERA of 2.76. His last 6 starts covered 28 innings with an ERA 6.75. He needed a rest and the Twins need another RP, so optioning him back to STP was the best decision for both. 10 days in STP will allow him to skip a start or have a 2-3 inning start for STP. My question was why the FO waited so long to call up Funderburk for another LHP? Moran had a great May, but other than that month he allowed ER in about 40% of his appearances.
  8. I wasn't surprised at the loss, just disappointed at how they lost. Ryan was bailed out a combination of great Twins defense and Texas baserunning. Offense only scoring 2 runs. 3 of 5 relivers failing.
  9. Umpire scorecard is out and Cory Blazer had a very bad night. Favored TX to the tune of 1.03 runs. Bad ratings in most categories.
  10. I remember hearing that on one of the steals of home, Killebrew was batting and there wasn't a steal sign. Carew was lucky his career (and life) didn't end that day.
  11. I apologize, I thought the "but I would rather see a AAA backfill get a chance" comment was regarding Keuchel, not Gallo.
  12. Twins have won 2 of 3 starts. IMO it could be worse and not much room to be better. I don't look forward to a DK start against TX, but I'm not sure Ryan will be much better with his HR problems.
  13. "With the American League Central race all but locked up," It should be locked up, but I fear it is far from being so. Cleveland is only 4 games back in the loss column and we have 6 left against them, they also are ahead in the season series. If they split the 6 games, Cle only has to tie the Twins to win the division. The Tigers are 7 back in the loss column and has already won the season series. Between now and 9/6 the Twins have 3/Pitt, 2/Mil, 7/TX and 6/Cle. This stretch will be large factor in determining the Central.
  14. I've been complaining about Duran use of the curveball. I thought he was getting beat badly on the curve, so I googled his batting average against the curve. BBSavant had the breakdown against his FB, Split & Curve. I was shocked to see his curve was statistically his best pitch .154 BA, .144 XBA, .308 SLG & .244 XSLG. FB is .241, .256, .466, and .436 respectively. Split is .246, .186, .333 & .293. Can someone give a reason as to why the curve numbers are so good? My bias may be that I feel Duran's FB is his best pitch and when someone hits it, I just tip my cap. When someone hits the curve, I feel like Duran should have used his best pitch.
  15. It's not just the Twins who can't bunt. I was surprised to see we had 10 sac bunts which tied for 5th in the AL and 12th in the MLB. I don't think I sac with Correa, but I do like you idea of having the runner on first attempting to steal.
  16. Is this another anti-jinx article? Write a well thought-out position as to why a player shouldn't be on a MLB team only to have them go 5 for 5 PA and in next game he makes an game ending catch for a DP. If so, please keep up the good work!
  17. What are the Twins going to do with Luplow? I figured when they signed him he would be DFAd when Lewis or Buxton came off the IL, now I'm not sure.
  18. That was a great all-around game, except for 13 Ks out of 21 outs against their "pitchers". I'm afraid today Rocco will put a get-away lineup behind Keuchel. I wonder if moving Keuchel to today was Rocco's move to save Lopez or the FO trying to get a larger crowd.
  19. Logic would have also told you that the Twins would have won 1, 2 or 3 games in the KC series.
  20. I think a playoff team is any team that qualifies, either by winning their division or a wild card spot. I'm old enough to remember the '87 Twins who I am sure were long odds to win the World Series over Detroit and St. Louis. But they did. It only takes a team getting hot at the right time. I concur that Gray won't be here next year, but I'm not sure the Twins would get back more the what they would get if the made a QO. It wouldn't surprise me if Maeda came back next year, or if he keeps pitching like he has since coming off the IL he could receive a QO. Cleveland just traded a starter, but they seem to be much better than the Twins at drafting and developing good starters. I don't think the Twins have that luxury. I would like to see them call Keuchel up to allow SP to skip a start rather the a 6 man rotation. Getting back to the playoffs, if Lewis, Krilloff and Buxton can be heathy I believe a line up of Correa SS, Polanco 2B, Jullien DH, Krilloff 1B, Lewis 3B, Kepler RF, Buxton CF, Wallner or RH trade LF, Jeffer C would match up well against any other playoff team. Maeda, Gray, Lopez, and the hot hand of Ryan, Ober or Keuchel as starters. Duran, Jax, Thilbar, LH trade, Stewart, and Pagan as relivers.
  21. What is a good BABIP? For the season Duran is at .286, Jax .272 and Pagan .246.
  22. I believe that the Lopez family and both teams will be winners in this trade. I believe that Floro will perform as well or better than Lopez would have performed as a Twin. I also believe that Lopez will perform better for the Marlins than he would have for Twins since he will be closer to his family. A lot of comments regarding the Mahle trade failure, which necessitated the Arraez/ Lopez trade. If the Arraez trade hadn't been made, where is Julien today? I doubt that he would be on the Twins roster. Maybe the league will figure out Julien, but to date he shown the willingness to hit the pitch where its at (i.e. an outside pitch hit to left field) the same as Arraez. Only with a lot more power. Sometimes trades work out just not in the way you expected. My dream end of the year lineup would be: Correa SS, EJ DH, Polanco 2B, AK 1B, Lewis 3B, Kep RF, Buxton CF, Wallner LF, Jeffers C. I am happy for all X Twins to do well (just not against the Twins). So who do you remove to make room for Arraez, Steer and CES?
×
×
  • Create New...