Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

gman

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by gman

  1. I also like Moran better than most on this site. He had a K 9 last year of 13 but a horrible WHIP. He doesn’t throw real hard but he gets such good movement he K’s a lot of guys. Personally I would rather have Moran on the 40 man than Wisler. Wisler has one great pitch is 27 and has no options. Moran has two good pitches is 22 and has a full set of options. If they think they can fix Wisler why can’t they fix Moran? I don’t get it. I think Jovani is underrated but I guess we will see how this plays out soon enough. I agree on Moran and have been closely following his career from his first season. He had injury issues from May-July but came on strong the second half at Pensacola. Possibly he could play a role in the Twins bullpen next season.
  2. Amazingly with his lack of speed he was 4th on the team in steals. His slugging pct was higher than Castro's, Gonzalez or Astudillo or Adrianza. Another plus is with his hitting skills, if he hits leadoff and bats behind Buxton(healthy I hope) several times a game, Buxton could have every opportunity to steal a ton of bases. Note I would not put the burden of comparing anyone to Carew, but Carew's career slugging pct was less than Arreaz's first year. I hope Arreaz can win batting titles and score runs like Carew and not worry about the current trend of homerun or strikeout.
  3. I like Graterol to start the year in the AAA starting rotation. They need to give "possible" major league starters every opportunity especially possible high end ones. Start the year with Thorpe at #5. Maybe Balazovic can get a few September starts. Target Wheeler for the top of the rotation.
  4. This was the 5th year of pitching in the Majors for both Duffey and May (missed a year with surgery). I'm hoping Littell and Stashak can join them as very reliable if not lightes out relievers much quicker. Reading the article its hard to see where Johnson had to do with the improvements but he must have done something for these 2 guys to suddenly turn it around. Especially Duffey's sudden increase in velocity.
  5. It might be expecting too much of Wes Johnson, but I wish we had him working with a healthy Gibson this year. Or better 2 years ago.
  6. I think we take Price and his 2 year salary off their handx if they throw in Betts. That's the whole deal.
  7. I wouldn't take David Price. He hasn't been better than a number 3/4 in about 4 years. I agree with the idea of taking high cost players from non contending teams, though.
  8. Just pondering. This may be out thinking the box but do you analyze free agent pitchers differently after an announced shift to robots before you sign them.
  9. Lets give them some credit , professional hitters and pitchers will adapt. There has been too much emphasis made to learn how to steal pitches the past few years. Players have adapted to this and any fan watching TV can clearly see how wrong a truly stolen pitch is. The art of stealing pitches has just moved us closer to eliminating the human from calling pitches.Of course this we would also eliminate the call to first base or third base umpires for their opinion of the swing. There will still be an umpire at home plate, but he will be calling plays like every other base umpire.
  10. Sorry I had to go with the free book but it still doesn't accept any American Express. If you get it fixed I ill gladly pay for a copy in the future.
  11. I can't see them adding $70mil per year to the starting rotation for any length of time. They have Berrios still who will probably command $15-20mil soon. Not to mention the starting lineup, bench and relief staff.
  12. System doesn't accept the American Express, the first listed credit card.
  13. When will the credit card purchase feature be working correctly?
  14. There might be a few left, but thus pretty much slams the door on 30 years of drafting and pitching development by Terry Ryan and crew.
  15. Interesting article. This could have given a whole new meaning to the term "Dead Ball Era".
  16. Your system doesn't recognize Amex cards, please let me know when you fix it.
  17. Sign him for the one year. If one of our rising minor league hitters forces his way in, trade him. I don't expect to see again the same team wide power we saw this year and next year his power may stand out more.
  18. I saw a lineup without Buxton, Kepler or Rosario in the outfield due to injury. It wasn't pretty. Rosario played even when injured.Yes it looked like he wasn't hustling but maybe he couldn't run all out. In reviewing certain plays you could see him dragging his right leg probably due to injury or weakness in it. This occurred through the end of the year.
  19. I've been waiting 3 years to see if Arraez could continue at the Major League level and the definite answer is yes. Could he fall off, only if someone really messes with his hitting style. His walk rate will go up because anything thrown in the zone he hits. I agree though he looks like he could use a couple years of following Berrios workouts in the offseason.
  20. And here I was hoping an ex-Yankee would help us beat that Yankee curse. Time for another plan. Maybe we could give up and trade who ever is not coming back next year to the real World Series Contenders. Might get some great offers. .
  21. I think Thorpe gets a tryout the rest of September for a starting role on next years team. It gets easy to see 2 guys who spent the bulk of this year in the minors getting a lot of starts in next years rotation. Odo gets a qualifying offer and Gibson takes a 3 year deal. They will probably sign a free agent starter next March, although I think this years free agents will not wait so long to take a decent if not great contract offer. A possible trade with Tampa Bay for Snell, who is their most expensive player.
  22. Its great to see the young core take a giant step forward. Also amazing is the almost 100 homers they signed in the off season.
  23. I don't know what Graterol will do this year. I assume he will pitch for the Twins at some point. I hope he pitches well enough to help them win some games down the stretch. If he makes the post season roster, I hope he has some big moments (good ones) in the playoffs.However, I expect him to have some rookie moments and won't be particularly disappointed if he does. But what I would really like is for him to be the #2 starter behind Berrios by the end of next year and be part of the continued long term rebuild of the rotation.
  24. The Twins seem to have major league outfield talent at all levels of the minor's currently. Next spring/early summer could see Larnach, Kiriloff, Rooker and Raley getting major league time in the outfield/firstbase/DH. I don't think Buxton will ever play more than 135/140 games a year without getting injured. Kepler can cover center when needed the next 2 years while one of the centerfield talents works their way up. That said, I don't see Cave back next year. He was good in 2018 and great the last couple of weeks but they need roster space and playing time for the outfield prospects at Triple and Double A. Gonzalez can be the 4th until someone demands roster space. I can't see Rosario getting traded before winter of 2020/21 at the earliest. Someone would have to overwhelm them.
×
×
  • Create New...