Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

HerbieFan

Verified Member
  • Posts

    595
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by HerbieFan

  1. Well done Nick. Agree with almost everything...percentages and all. Given the low cost, I'd think Banda and Nance make sense to bring back as mid-leverage guys.
  2. A big riser for me is Marek Houston. I know he was a first round pick. To me he's a big riser because of what he showed. We knew the glove is elite. But the offense has come around in a big way.
  3. With what pitching costs, if you knew you'd get 130 innings at a 4.50 ERA again I think you'd tender him. But man that 88mph "heater" terrifies me. He is relying solely on extension and deception...not a great recipe. If I had to choose a guess, I'd say they non-tender him.
  4. Geez, the kid threw a little over 100 innings in three years when he was supposed to "developing". In 2026 he was trying to catch up in his development AND get major league hitters out AND stay healthy. I don't see how 2026 can't be deemed a complete success for him. Things to work on? Sure. Way more reasons for optimism than not.
  5. Man, the Raleigh season is one of the biggest mysteries of 2026. On Brooks, I think we saw this year what he is. Not an All-Star, but a guy who can play above average defense, give you a .740 OPS with 60 extra base hits and drive in 80 runs (Yes, I believe there is still value in driving in runs...it's the object of the game isn't it? To score runs?...lol).
  6. What Tom needs to do is somehow get people in place that can fully develop players. I've said it a million times...the biggest issue is not how much money the Pohlads will or won't spend. It helps to be able to go get a guy to fill a spot or two. The biggest issue for this team is their inability to develop players....way too many players reach the majors and fail. Player development is why the Brewers and Rays had the best records in the NL and AL. It's why Cleveland continues to win the Central seemingly every dang year. It's how a team like the Twins become a consistent winner.
  7. If you want to write an article on this site and get a ton of clicks and comments, put the name "Pohlad" in the title!...lol Step one...3 year contract for Jeffers. By year three he may age out of catcher and could transition to 1B when Lackey (hopefully) moves in at catcher.
  8. Baseball is a weird, beautiful game. A "cash considerations" trade (Clemens) has basically become who we had hoped a former #1 overall pick would become.
  9. No Pablo all year...so yes. I wanted answers out of 2026. Off the top of my head, we now know that Brooks Lee is a keeper. Matt Wallner is not. Luke Keaschall is a big time yes. Larnach is a not anymore. We know Kalen Culpepper can play. We know Royce Lewis is what he's chosen to be the last two seasons. We know Prielipp should be a rotation staple. We know Taj is a dude. We know Jeffers is worth re-signing. We know they can make Buxton part of the 2027 plan but not a focal point of it...same for Joe Ryan. We know Zebby can handle a starter's workload but still needs to improve. It's all about educated guesses going forward and we have a lot more information to make the best educated guesses possible.
  10. Maki and company need to see if they can track down why both pitchers' command left them. Morris started finding way too much of the middle of the plate and Gomez, of course, looked at times like he had no idea where the ball was going. Command is key for any pitcher, including these two. I'd love to see them more like 6th and 7th inning type guys.
  11. I guess the two of them establish a floor for the bullpen. Not much of a ceiling though.
  12. Performances from Walker Jenkins and Connor Prielipp make the final score irrelevant. It's progress and encouraging signs of what they may have in the future.
  13. Of course it was. You got decent production and gave your very young prospects a season to develop while not having to trot out the Outman/Roden types every day. I mean this....thank you for your service Trevor and best wishes at your next stop.
  14. We haven't seen much of Emma at the mlb level yet. Couple observations. 1) He will add much more defensive value than Sano ever dreamed of. 2) My concern is his swing and miss in the zone. Maybe that improves with experience at this level. Sano was more likely to chase. Out of options so he'll be on the 26-man next year unless he's traded. So whenever the lockout ends we're going to get some answers.
  15. You would teach a 4th grader that he can't pull everything. Royce, however.....
  16. If not for Culpepper injury I wanted to see Keaschall LF...Culpepper SS...Jenkins CF...Lee 3B...Rodriguez RF. After that I really don't care. Jeffers deserves to play. Same for Clemens.
  17. I'm on the record on this. In 2027 I want Keaschall as the primary LF. Jenkins in CF. Rodriguez in RF. Buxton is the primary DH. When Buck plays, Keaschall can slide to DH the majority of those days. Buck plays LF most of his days in the OF. Obviously there can be variations...Buck in CF with Jenkins in RF and Rodriguez in LF. Or one of the rookies can DH as well. Clemens gives the flexibility to sit one of the four periodically.
  18. I would put it like this....I don't think Pete Maki is the problem, but I also don't know that he's the solution.
  19. Keaschall in LF (weaker arm), Jenkins in CF, Rodriguez in RF, Buxton as DH is my preferred OF alignment in 2027. Buck can mix in CF and Keaschall can DH...Jenkins/Rodriguez can fill the other two spots. I guess Jenkins or Emma could DH as well if they need a lighter day.
×
×
  • Create New...